Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:17 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [9]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.54
WE:Operations (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Re: Reviews on Cambridge / Oxford compared to US b-schools? [#permalink]
Great analysis, thank you very much.
I see that you applied to LBS and Said. May I ask you, why didn't you apply to Judge and
are you European ? ;)
I believe that, in the end, whether you apply to top US school or LBS, INSEAD, Oxbridge, should largely depend on where you want to work post-graduation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [2]
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.54
WE:Operations (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Ivan91 wrote:
Great analysis, thank you very much.
I see that you applied to LBS and Said. May I ask you, why didn't you apply to Judge and
are you European ? ;)
I believe that, in the end, whether you apply to top US school or LBS, INSEAD, Oxbridge, should largely depend on where you want to work post-graduation.

I totally agree with your conclusion!

I am European by birth, but I've been globetrotting for most of my life, and have spent the last 8 years in the USA, so I'm fairly Americanized at this point.
I'm going to apply to LBS and Oxford R1 this year. Reason I chose Said over Judge is because I had a much easier time setting up an appointment with the school during a recent trip to the UK. Judge's link was down for a while and I found their website a tad less user-friendly. Said, on the other hand, was straightforward and responded very quickly.

I've always tried to follow my heart when choosing between similar quantities, and in the end, the accessibility that Said exhibited won out. Also, I'm not sure about applying to more than 2-3 schools in one round. I think any more than 3 would dilute the quality of my applications, and chances are if you get accepted to either one of the Oxbridge schools, you'll get accepted to the other. Once I decided Said was a great fit, there was no point in considering Judge any further (which is not to say it's not a fantastic school).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Reviews on Cambridge / Oxford compared to US b-schools? [#permalink]
Himanshuk80 wrote:
How are Cambridge Judge and Oxford Said MBA programs ranked compared to top b-schools in US in terms of

1. Ranking
2. Placement opportunities
3. Quality of Education
4. Exposure and opportunities while pursuing an MBA

Thanks
Himanshu

I did Cambridge MBA degree. What I could say based on my experience, there are two things that I liked - people and project nature of the program (CVP, GCP, Summer project). Despite smaller classes, Cambridge people are very well diversified in terms of experience and nationalities. (1) Cambridge is doing better and better in terms of rankings (e.g 13th FT 2015). (2) job placement provided by the University is focused on the UK but Cambridge brand helps alumni to find jobs worldwide. (3) Quality of Education is high but in my view, the University nature provides certain problems for the school. I personally faced mistakes in marking and a lot of bureaucracy due to the University itself. The school did serious mistake in my mark for the final project that was found only after the University deadlines. As a result, the mark was not corrected. I even wrote a post about this issue to draw attention of the school - https://goo.gl/XIHR0w yet no one cares.

While the case with the mark makes me very angry, I still recommend Cambridge, especially for the experienced people who want to do a career in EU.

Originally posted by mbach63 on 29 Aug 2015, 06:16.
Last edited by mbach63 on 31 Aug 2015, 01:52, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
I would put them in the league of Anderson, Darden, Johnson.

The fact that Oxbridge schools are not generally considered by business community as equal to top 10 US schools, is due to their age. Said and Judge are relatively very young b-schools. Even with good management it will take quite a time to build a reputation comparable to US M7.

When it comes to recognition of mother universities by general public, though, there are hardly any universities comparable to Oxbridge. IMO, most recognizable university brands in the world are Oxford, Cambridge and Harvard.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 943 [2]
Given Kudos: 410
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos