Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:10 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [2]
Given Kudos: 117
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [2]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: Rice($$$) vs ISB vs Kelly (Full Ride) [#permalink]
Kudos
singhb wrote:
I have got admit in both ISB and Rice (80% Scholl). I unable to decide between the two and would appreciate your quick support.

I have an experience of 4.5 years in Oil and Gas sector (in India in product development) and wish to move to consulting
In long term I want to work in India only.

Finance is one of the most important factor for me at this point. Looking at the current global scenario I am really confused. FT rankings are even more confusing Rice has jumped up a lot this year and ISB has gone down.

Please help me decide.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi singhb hope this finds you well.

You've received valuable advice in previous comments.

I will share my perspective. When deciding between business schools, it's important to consider the type of network each school can offer. Will the connections from the alumni network you gain eventually be regional or global? Although global rankings such as the FT are often emphasized, I believe that both Rice and ISB have a somewhat regional focus in their respective geographies. However, I have seen ISB developing a slightly more global outreach due to its large class size and presence of a decently strong alum base in SE Asia, the Middle-East and Europe. Rice is typically chosen by people from your demographic who want to live and work in the USA mid to long term. In addition, your living and travel expenses will add up to be significant despite your 80% scholarship so overall expenditure will be similar. But with a 2-year MBA your opportunity cost would add up (that may increase based on how soon you find a job after MBA in the US).

If your long-term goal is to work in India, it's important to consider whether you'd rather focus on building a strong network within India or branch out to a new region. As BB mentioned earlier, there are always uncertainties involved in starting anew. Ultimately, when evaluating business schools, it's essential to take a holistic approach that aligns with your individual goals and aspirations, rather than simply relying on rankings.

Best wishes
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Re: Rice($$$) vs ISB vs Kelley (Full Ride) [#permalink]
bb MBAGuide Got full ride in Kelley . More confused now
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [2]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Kudos
singhb wrote:

singhb, With so many options to choose from, what a tremendously exciting and enviable situation you find yourself in! :D

I recommend that you make your decision based on two key factors:

First, consider your personal situation, including your family, friends, future plans, and your willingness to take risks by studying far from home.

Second, explore the opportunities available for international students at Kelley and Rice in your dream sector. It's important to speak directly with the recruitment and career centers of these schools to gather candid information. Ask about the recruitment opportunities and Visa situation. You owe this to yourself given you are a highly capable candidate. And ultimately, the schools themselves are best placed to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information. You should then compare this information with what you already know about the opportunities post-ISB PGP. Keep in mind that with a cohort of 800+ individuals, securing your dream opportunity just after ISB also may not be easy. But it won't be too difficult either if you remain focused for next 1-2 years.

As a side note, it seems like your profile has what it takes to get the top Business schools intrigued. I am wondering if you considered any UK/European schools that could allow you to be closer to home while still providing top global opportunities in the green energy/ energy/ sustainability field that you're interested in?

Best wishes
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
singhb wrote:

I am sorry, I can't really comment on ISB, perhaps someone who is an expert or who went there can comment on the opportunity.
Kelly full ride is an awesome deal - any time full ride is involved, it is awesome - you will still have debt though for living expenses but it will be quite easy to handle it in a year or two after graduation.

However, if you are planning to be in India... then no reason to leave India :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Send PM
Rice($$$) vs ISB vs Kelly (Full Ride) [#permalink]
Kudos
bb Thanks for your inputs. Seems like i am in a mess and with more admits rolling out in coming week it might just keep on getting confusing. Hoping for few Kelley students to give some inputs.

MBAGuide no i couldn't catch the deadlines of European colleges. The visa situation and Kelley's reach outside US are my main reasons of worry.

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
😂 good luck with your decisions 😇
PS. One of the first rules of admissions, don’t apply to schools you’re not planning to attend 😎

GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts