GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Aug 2020, 07:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Role of admission consultants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge
Role of admission consultants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2020, 10:43
Before anyone takes offense, I'm just trying to understand the process in a detailed manner and thoroughly. I'm trying to understand what makes admission consultants so important in the entire application process? In the end, they help you in the application process, but in the end the story is yours. Then what makes them an inevitable part of the process? Also, does anyone here know people who made it to the top MBA colleges without seeking help from any of these consultants?
I understand a helping hand is always better in the path. But same is the case with every competitive exam or process. And we have ample examples of students who crack GMAT entirely on self-study and score much higher. Also, for IIMs and ISB, I know plenty of them who seek no support and still manage to get admissions. But the same is not true for the top league colleges (as far as I've seen).
Hence need some understanding of the same.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
Role of admission consultants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2020, 11:04
Not going to go too in depth but you can get into a top university without them.

Admissions consultants are great if you need direction. Ie. which story is best to go with? You choose one and they give you feedback on where to dig deeper or cut some crap out. Some people are brilliant but can’t articulate themselves at all.

They also can help target your weaknesses in your application and craft a plan to improve on those.

They also help with interview prep generally as part of their packages. Good once again for people who can’t articulate themselves. Or good for Wharton’s particular interview structure.

Probably most helpful is if you need someone to keep you on target. Some people work crazy hours and keep saying “tomorrow”. It’s his or her job to tell you to get your stuff done.

All this being said, yes you can get into a school without a consultant. Sometimes though it helps and the above are a few examples. Worth the price? Probably not but if you end up at your dream school then that’s worth it’s weight in gold

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Role of admission consultants   [#permalink] 07 Jul 2020, 11:04

Role of admission consultants

new topic post reply Update application status