Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:49 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: Rotman and power sector jobs [#permalink]
Expert Reply
If you are 35+, I am not sure what are your chances of getting into a Full Time MBA. You definitely want to research this aspect. In the US, 34 is kind of the unofficial cut off and things get progressively harder after 30. Did you do any research about MBA?

I would worry about age more right now. As to where to look for a job - search is your best friend. Search, research, etc.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
If you are 35+, I am not sure what are your chances of getting into a Full Time MBA. You definitely want to research this aspect. In the US, 34 is kind of the unofficial cut off and things get progressively harder after 30. Did you do any research about MBA?

I would worry about age more right now. As to where to look for a job - search is your best friend. Search, research, etc.

Age was a big concern before i started off. So i discussed about it on this forum also shot off an e mail to a b school in canada..one in top 5....asked few friends and everybody assured me that age is just a number and that what b schools require is much more than GMAT score...its the complege package that they r looking for....
I was also not sure if my MBA from India can find many takers in Canada...
So buckled up and started preparing....
I am planning to take GMAT this august 15th...
Your info is a set back...
What do u suggest now?
Oh by the i was born in JAN 81

Sent from my MI MAX using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Sorry to be the bad news bearer. Better figure it out ahead of time.
I would inquire with AdCom how many people of your age at matriculation have been admitted to the program in the last few years. I have looked through the Decision Tracker and lists of Applicants for Rotman and have not seen anyone with more than 10 years of work experience on the applicant list. The person who did have 10 years, was admitted in all schools they applied but they had a pretty strong profile and a very unique one that would excuse some of the age differences potentially - COno

I think that you will be hitting 37 by Matriculation and US/Canadian schools really do not have a very open mind about older applicants - European Schools are much more open so as you apply to Rotman, perhaps you should also look into applying to European schools where you may have better luck

My suggestion - Research the heck out of it and prove everyone wrong.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
saurabhsavant wrote:
bb wrote:

Age was a big concern before i started off. So i discussed about it on this forum also shot off an e mail to a b school in canada..one in top 5....asked few friends and everybody assured me that age is just a number and that what b schools require is much more than GMAT score...its the complege package that they r looking for....
What do u suggest now?

Hey bb please dont b sorry...its always better to b safe than sorry...thanx again for taking time out and replying...will try to dig deeper...

Manager
Manager
Send PM
saurabhsavant wrote:
saurabhsavant wrote:
bb wrote:

What do u suggest now?

Hey bb please dont b sorry...its always better to b safe than sorry...thanx again for taking time out and replying...will try to dig deeper...

Oops....i would like to b safe than sorry.

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Rotman Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Rotman Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Rotman Forum for all fresh things related to the Rotman MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts