Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:32 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [1]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [1]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Re: Scheller vs. Katz [#permalink]
Mo2men wrote:
phuulinh225 wrote:
Hi everyone!

I'm an international student. I got admitted to both Scheller and Katz. Scheller offers no scholarship, but good brand name of Georgia Tech. Katz offers $45k fellowship. I want to pursue Strategy and General Management after graduation. Is the value of Scheller worth paying $100k for 2 years? Could you guys help advise me which one to choose?

I do not see either of them fulfilling your goal in consulting.

Thanks for your info. I knew that both of these schools do not have any advantage in recruiting to top consulting firms i.e MBB. Thus my priority of recruitment would be boutique consulting firm - internal strategy or operation - general management (rotational leadership programs for MBA students). Which one has the advantage?
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
phuulinh225 wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
phuulinh225 wrote:
Hi everyone!

I'm an international student. I got admitted to both Scheller and Katz. Scheller offers no scholarship, but good brand name of Georgia Tech. Katz offers $45k fellowship. I want to pursue Strategy and General Management after graduation. Is the value of Scheller worth paying $100k for 2 years? Could you guys help advise me which one to choose?

I do not see either of them fulfilling your goal in consulting.

Thanks for your info. I knew that both of these schools do not have any advantage in recruiting to top consulting firms i.e MBB. Thus my priority of recruitment would be boutique consulting firm - internal strategy or operation - general management (rotational leadership programs for MBA students). Which one has the advantage?

The main question for you: do they hire internationals? I urge you o speak with current students to know real situation. MBB consulting stopped hiring internationals for strategy positions. You can read many posts here in GC few months ago from current students about this problem.

I personally prefer Sheller over Katz. It is in a big city and good brand name.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Scheller vs. Katz [#permalink]
I'd need to look to be specific, but I'm 90% sure one of the MBB recruits for their Atlanta office SOME YEARS BUT NOT ALL out of Georgia Tech. I don't believe Katz ever attracts anyone for the Pittsburgh office of an MBB (if they even have offices in Pittsburgh).

That's an extremely long shot, and may give a tiny difference between the two.

Also, Atlanta is growing like crazy ... Pittsburgh is not. More Plan B options in Atlanta.

In a normal year with a normal economy, I vote Scheller.

This year, it's more about risk assessment. The additional cost isn't immaterial. But neither is the difference in brand name.

I think I still vote Scheller.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
... I just checked. Bain occasionally recruits Scheller students.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts