Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:56 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
 Q48  V30 GMAT 2: 730  Q49  V40
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Admissionado
Send PM
Re: School info and fit [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hmm, I see. Well, you are right that the only top schools which offer that sort of program are Columbia and Cornell if Kellogg doesn't fit. If you are willing to dip a bit lower in the rankings there is also Babson. Regarding your time limit, I don't know what your reasons are, but are they totally inflexible? I mean, if you are even a bit flexible, I'd say that if you got in to Stanford or Haas they are so perfect for you that it might be worth bending a bit for them. What do you think?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Hmm, I see. Well, you are right that the only top schools which offer that sort of program are Columbia and Cornell if Kellogg doesn't fit. If you are willing to dip a bit lower in the rankings there is also Babson. Regarding your time limit, I don't know what your reasons are, but are they totally inflexible? I mean, if you are even a bit flexible, I'd say that if you got in to Stanford or Haas they are so perfect for you that it might be worth bending a bit for them. What do you think?

Thanks for your reply Jon.

I am not entirely inflexible to the idea of pursuing a traditional 21-24 month MBA given I get the right school - as you mentioned Stanford, HAAS or MIT can be great choices given where I am and where I want to be. However, I would be 28 and have an experience of about 8 years by the time I apply in R1 of these schools this year. I do not really see the need of doing an internship given that I don't want to switch industries and I do not want to spend additional time out of the work force mix either if I can acquire the required skill set to accelerate my career growth in 16 months v/s spending 24 months.

Can you please take a quick look at my brief profile and my target schools and share your inputs on my possibilities and if I should widen my schools criteria?

I'm looking at US and APAC schools.
Primarily my target schools are: Columbia, Cornell, INSEAD (Singapore), NUS, NTU, IIM, ISB.
Stanford, HAAS and MIT (I'm still tentative on these).

Brief profile:

Professional -
Indian IT male with 7 years of experience - Worked with big names in IT Service and Consultation Industry.
Current role: Sales Engineering/Pre-Sales/Product-development (youngest member of the group that does pre-sales/client consultations/business analysis etc).
International Experience: 1 Year (and counting).
Leadership experience: Lead an engineering team of 4 software professionals, Recruitment activities, Mentoring fresh talent.

Academic -
Post-grad: M.S. - Software Engineering from BITS Pilani India, CGPA - 9.04
Grad: Bachelors in Electronics - 74% (couldn't figure out what does this translate to in GPA)
GMAT - 730 (taken last year)

Extracurricular activities -
Involved with a non profit organization - child sponsorship, voluntary teaching of under-privileged children, corporate sports - team building around the activities, used to be part of college theater group
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Overall things do look good (nice GMAT!!!!) but it's a bit hard to tell without seeing the specifics of what you DID esp. in your work experience and your volunteer experience. I mean what did you do? What were your great achievements? How many promotions? any leads? etc.... A profile is more than "I worked xx years in industry xxxx"!!! Anyhow, if you want an evaluation, the best would be for you to send us your resume and fill out a brief questionnaire here: https://admissionado.com/mba/free-consultation/
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts