GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Sep 2018, 03:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Schulich (Canada) or AGSM (Australia) for MBA, International student

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.04
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Schulich (Canada) or AGSM (Australia) for MBA, International student  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 06 Sep 2018, 19:23
Hi,

I am in a bit of a fix. I have 2 offers for my MBA, Schulich in Canada and AGSM with 25% scholarship in Australia

So fee wise: Schulich $75,000 USD for the entire program (awaiting the decision on scholarship but not sure), and AGSM $50,000 USD for the entire program. Both are 16–20months.

Both countries have relaxed PR policy and I am not sure which one would suit me and its hard to figure out. I guess both have their due advantages.

I have experience in oil gas and would prefer moving into Operations Consulting. I see, that AGSM has perhaps a stronger placement in Consulting with few even making it to MBB.

Location wise, both schools are pretty strong (Toronto and Sydney).

My plan would be to apply for PR once I accept the offer.

Would appreciate an expert opinion on this.

Originally posted by TA89 on 05 Sep 2018, 17:42.
Last edited by TA89 on 06 Sep 2018, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management
GPA: 3.16
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Schulich (Canada) or AGSM (Australia) for MBA, International student  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2018, 08:02
Hi....let me give my 2 cents. AGSM is very regional school. In case, u come out of Australian Geography, it might be the case that AGSM MBA is not recognized. Regarding PR, MBA programme won't give you even 1 year post study work permit unless you extend the course for 2 years. In fact, Schulich is also a regional brand but proximity to USA is an advantage in graduating from Schulich. Moreover, you will get 3 years post study work permit. But what I know is Schulich is good for IT industry. Well, in short, be prepared that once you come of the respective country, your MBA is not going to help you too much. I would recommend you to improve your GMAT and apply for good BSchools. Rotman and Ivey are worth the investment in comparison with Schulich and AGSM. Also be prepared that in Australia, MBA is not a game changer unlike USA and India.
TA89 wrote:
Hi,

I am in a bit of a fix. I have 2 offers for my MBA, Schulich in Canada and AGSM with 25% scholarship in Australia

So fee wise: Schulich $75,000 USD for the entire program (awaiting the decision on scholarship but not sure), and AGSM $50,000 USD for the entire program. Both are 16–20months.

Both countries have relaxed PR policy and I am not sure which one would suit me and its hard to figure out. I guess both have their due advantages.

I have experience in oil gas and would prefer moving into Operations Consulting. I see, that AGSM has perhaps a stronger placement in Consulting with few even making it to MBB.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.04
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Schulich (Canada) or AGSM (Australia) for MBA, International student  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2018, 19:15
Hey buddy,
I did retake the GMAT and improved from 650 to a 660, just 10 points. This was when I decided to go ahead with the application process.

Now, in terms of school. I applied at Ivey and Rotman last year with a 650 but in R3 which already is a no-show for international. I took my GMAT around the R2 deadlines, then worked on the applications which stretched the submissions to R3. Both schools rejected me within a weak. Plus these were the 1st two schools I applied to, so my application still had room for improvement. Queens didn't even shortlist me after the preliminary assessment. This left me with Schulich or Mcgill and Schulich had a Jan intake so I applied.

As for AGSM, its graduates go into Consulting. Consulting is not as competitive to get into as it is in Canada since Aus is a growing market. This was the reason why I considered it. The location is also a strong advantage.

So its either these 2 or try for some Mid-tiers US.

gmatacer40 wrote:
Hi....let me give my 2 cents. AGSM is very regional school. In case, u come out of Australian Geography, it might be the case that AGSM MBA is not recognized. Regarding PR, MBA programme won't give you even 1 year post study work permit unless you extend the course for 2 years. In fact, Schulich is also a regional brand but proximity to USA is an advantage in graduating from Schulich. Moreover, you will get 3 years post study work permit. But what I know is Schulich is good for IT industry. Well, in short, be prepared that once you come of the respective country, your MBA is not going to help you too much. I would recommend you to improve your GMAT and apply for good BSchools. Rotman and Ivey are worth the investment in comparison with Schulich and AGSM. Also be prepared that in Australia, MBA is not a game changer unlike USA and India.
TA89 wrote:
Hi,

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Schulich (Canada) or AGSM (Australia) for MBA, International student &nbs [#permalink] 06 Sep 2018, 19:15

Schulich (Canada) or AGSM (Australia) for MBA, International student

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap