It is currently 19 Apr 2018, 10:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

SCHULICH: Master of Marketing (MMKG) Review?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
Re: SCHULICH: Master of Marketing (MMKG) Review? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2018, 03:02
Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply to this program, can you please tell me what kind of jobs are the applicants expected to get after graduating from this program?

I wish to work in business development and product strategy or work with a management consulting firm after my masters.

Is this program according to you relevant to my ambition?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
SCHULICH: Master of Marketing (MMKG) Review? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 17 Apr 2018, 07:54
Lamara wrote:
To you as well..,hopefully I see you soon!

Posted from my mobile device

RedIndian wrote:
Sounds good, i come in with a few years of experience as well. Dont have any academic background in marketing hence this program fits.

Best of luck with your final decision. Lets just hope we get through!

Good luck all, let us know how it goes.

Originally posted by essprsodose on 17 Apr 2018, 06:13.
Last edited by essprsodose on 17 Apr 2018, 07:54, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2018, 06:14
KDPathak33 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply to this program, can you please tell me what kind of jobs are the applicants expected to get after graduating from this program?

I wish to work in business development and product strategy or work with a management consulting firm after my masters.

Thanks!

Product management, brand management all part of product strategy.. Programs seem as a a good fit.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2018, 06:19
essprsodose wrote:
KDPathak33 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks!

Product management, brand management all part of product strategy.. Programs seem as a a good fit.

Thank you so much for your response!

I was wondering, isn't this program too focused on online marketing and B2C marketing overall?

Will this content help if I were to apply to a tech company (with a predominantly B2B model)?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2018, 07:15
This post received
KUDOS
KDPathak33 wrote:
essprsodose wrote:
KDPathak33 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks!

Thank you so much for your response!

I was wondering, isn't this program too focused on online marketing and B2C marketing overall?

Will this content help if I were to apply to a tech company (with a predominantly B2B model)?

It's difficult to state, but I can tell you the program is much more focused than an MBA. It's concentrated on Digital Marketing, and it makes sense, internet is dominating. I think, this is a perfect program if you want to work for tech, it will give you concentrated specialization skills and not generalized Marketing knowledge consisting of a few courses that you would get from an MBA. It's a professional degree, which makes it an absolute gem. I feel that's what employers want these days, especially in tech, they want actual skills, whether its in marketing, coding, development etc.
In addition, based on my research, the program prepares students for managerial role.

MBA is also a Professional degree, but it's more general management. :)

I hope I was of help.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2018, 10:25
KDPathak33 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks!

One thing to consider, specialized masters programs including MMKG require a bit higher GPA for admissions in comparison to Schulich MBA. I assume its because MBA is more holistic approach, whereas specialized masters don't require work experience, therefore academic potential is an important factor.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 17 Apr 2018, 10:35
H

Originally posted by KDPathak33 on 17 Apr 2018, 10:32.
Last edited by KDPathak33 on 17 Apr 2018, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2018, 10:35
essprsodose wrote:
KDPathak33 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks!

One thing to consider, specialized masters programs including MMKG require a bit higher GPA for admissions in comparison to Schulich MBA. I assume its because MBA is more holistic approach, whereas specialized masters don't require work experience, therefore academic potential is an important factor.

Thank you so much for your responses.

I understand that MSc programs need a higher academic potential.

I was just wondering if this is the right program for me, given that I want to work in more of a strategy related role and not an advertising or a sales role.

Btw, have your received your offer?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2018, 15:15
KDPathak33 wrote:
essprsodose wrote:
KDPathak33 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks!

Thank you so much for your responses.

I understand that MSc programs need a higher academic potential.

I was just wondering if this is the right program for me, given that I want to work in more of a strategy related role and not an advertising or a sales role.

Btw, have your received your offer?

If product strategy is your main focus, then possibly do an mba in strategy as specialty. But again, you might be missing out on Marketing specialization (unless you've done marketing as a major in Undergrad).
I see no reason why MMKG program would not be suitable for product strategy roles. IMO, MBA's strategy specialization alone or even strategy/marketing specialization will not provide enough knowledge to properly lead product strategy role, if you look at # of elective courses you can take in MBA studies, they are very limited. Make sure you explain your position to adcom. MBA is an great degree if you are 100% certain in matches your expectation, it is too broad. That's why there has been a rise of Specialized master programs over the past 10 years.
Currently in process.
SCHULICH: Master of Marketing (MMKG) Review?   [#permalink] 17 Apr 2018, 15:15

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 29 posts ] 

SCHULICH: Master of Marketing (MMKG) Review?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Hatakekakashi

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap