GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Sep 2018, 00:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

SCHULICH: Master of Marketing (MMKG) Review?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
SCHULICH: Master of Marketing (MMKG) Review?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2018, 14:33
Recently, came across a brand new program that was launched by Schulich School of Business (York University), it is called Master of Marketing (MMKG). Program is only 12 months, as per outline, it is very condensed in marketing courses. More marketing courses more than would expect from MBA in Marketing. They call it professional degree. "A highly specialized professional degree to equip graduates for the dynamic world of marketing"
http://schulich.yorku.ca/programs/mmkg/

One concern, the mentioned on the website, the program is not yet quality approved
"*Note: The program fee structure is subject to approval from the York University Board of Governors and Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. Until approval from the Ministry has been received, students are not eligible for OSAP."

I am sure it will be a challenge funding the program, it's $40k/year.

Appreciate all suggestions, what you all think?
How superior is this to an MBA in Marketing vs Master in Marketing?
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 4
Re: SCHULICH: Master of Marketing (MMKG) Review?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 20:38
Hi essprsodose

I have recently applied to the program as well. I somehow like the program structure as it takes a deeper dive into marketing as compared to a MBA-marketing.
If one is passionate about working in the marketing field , this program is a good fit.

However, Since i am an international student. I am not aware of the intricacies of the OSAP.

Have you applied to the program?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 06:35
Schulich provides an environment for personal growth and development, right from the first day. Canadian culture and diversity is pretty evident once you look around in the campus. The same diverse quality is evident in the academic, cultural and club activities that are organized in the school. So culture wise, the school molds you into a global citizen. Careerwise, school has direct access to Toronto’s highly competitive job market with strong alumni network to guide you. The school have all resources and facilities required to make you a good MBA graduate. The rest is upto you.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 06:45
GMAT is an exam which requires lots of effort and knowledge gathering. It is tough to reach on a logical conclusion while selecting B-schools abroad. We have compiled a page which solves this issue extensively by offering info on GMAT. It covers GMAT application process and general FAQs, GMAT Cut off, Eligibility and college accepting GMAT Score. Explore this page for GMAT, Hope it adds any value.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2018, 10:34
RedIndian wrote:
Hi essprsodose

I have recently applied to the program as well. I somehow like the program structure as it takes a deeper dive into marketing as compared to a MBA-marketing.
If one is passionate about working in the marketing field , this program is a good fit.

However, Since i am an international student. I am not aware of the intricacies of the OSAP.

Have you applied to the program?

I am considering this program, it sound interesting. How's your application process doing?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 07:29
Hi Essprdose

I applied during round 1 since the program perfectly aligns with my areas of interest, awaiting decision at the moment.

What about you?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 10:12
RedIndian wrote:
Hi Essprdose

I applied during round 1 since the program perfectly aligns with my areas of interest, awaiting decision at the moment.

What about you?

Putting together my app at this moment. Do they have interviews at this program or it's video essay only?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2018, 16:01
Not really sure about the same

I guess there will be an interview
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2018, 16:24
RedIndian wrote:
Not really sure about the same

I guess there will be an interview

That's what I have been reading from mgmt and mba program. Interview invites are sent out to potential candidates.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2018, 04:26
Thats Right, even i read the same

Did you get a chance to speak to any other applicants or admissions committee? Whats your take on the program?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2018, 15:15
Hi guys! Does anyone who applied have an update? I applied a few weeks ago and got an interview (bombed it - car trouble and was late and flustered - nightmare) but still have my fingers crossed. Has anyone gotten an interview or been admitted? I know the program is new so not a lot of insight or traces of interest online yet so feedback would be helpful
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 07:59
Hi Lamara,

Sorry to hear that, could you shed some light on the interview? What was asked and how did it go overall?

I applied before the round 1 deadline, yet to receive an update.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 08:40
RedIndian interview questions were along the lines of . “Why this program”, “what companies would u like to work for”, etc. I mostly repeated what I had in the essay.It was short - 15 minutes. Not sure if it was because they had already dismissed me because of my tardiness so wasn’t wasting time on me or if that is how it normally is. I applied in round one too but I know the interviewer was off for a week based on by an auto email I got so maybe they are just slow. Are u domestic or international?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 09:52
Thanks Lamara

I am an international candidate,
I liked the curriculum of the program as it takes a deeper dive into marketing as compared to other analytical programs or an MBA in marketing.
Would love your take on the program in relation with the scope in Canada for marketing roles?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 10:07
I think it is good...the courses are in line with what companies are looking for, I think. Entry level positions are competitive but if you are looking to go into management this is a shoe in. I actually worked with two marketing managers who were more clueless than I was about strategy, digital marketing, etc. A masters in anything gives u a leg up - everyone has a first degree here
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 10:10
Sounds good, i come in with a few years of experience as well. Dont have any academic background in marketing hence this program fits.

Best of luck with your final decision. Lets just hope we get through!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 10:13
To you as well..,hopefully I see you soon!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2018, 09:15
Hi Guys!
I’m still in the application process and I hope to be done by second round. Any tip you can share about the video essays? What do they ask?
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2018, 05:49
Hi Linacamargo

The video questions are pretty general in nature

I can recollect one of my questions(1/2)

What do I enjoy doing during my spare time?

The written essay was, What in my opinion are common mistakes made by managers?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2018, 06:21
Hi RedIndian! Thanks for your answer!
Ill practice that question for my video essays..
I though the questions for the written essays were the same. I can’t remember it exactly but one of my question was naming activities that demonstrate my leadership activities.
Re: SCHULICH: Master of Marketing (MMKG) Review? &nbs [#permalink] 16 Apr 2018, 06:21

Go to page    1   2   3    Next  [ 42 posts ] 

SCHULICH: Master of Marketing (MMKG) Review?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap