GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Aug 2018, 11:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

SCM - Broad/Carey/Smeal?

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Aug 2014
Posts: 69
SCM - Broad/Carey/Smeal?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 13:59
Hi,

I have got full rides with Smeal (PSU) and Carey (ASU) and little over 60% as fellowship in Broad. I want to get into SCM and weighing my options right now. Experts here, care to pitch in?

Thanks!
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1785
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
SCM - Broad/Carey/Smeal?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 14:08
sidceg wrote:
Hi,

I have got full rides with Smeal (PSU) and Carey (ASU) and little over 60% as fellowship in Broad. I want to get into SCM and weighing my options right now. Experts here, care to pitch in?

Thanks!



Congrats for your admit :-)

Are you international applicant or American? what is your short term goal? do you any preference for location or company?

You can search my replies over years for those schools.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Aug 2014
Posts: 69
Re: SCM - Broad/Carey/Smeal?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 20:17
Mo2men wrote:
sidceg wrote:
Hi,

I have got full rides with Smeal (PSU) and Carey (ASU) and little over 60% as fellowship in Broad. I want to get into SCM and weighing my options right now. Experts here, care to pitch in?

Thanks!



Congrats for your admit :-)

Are you international applicant or American? what is your short term goal? do you any preference for location or company?

You can search my replies over years for those schools.

Thanks @Mo2men!

Yes am an international student from India. I wanna get into SCM, preferably SCM consulting.

As for the location, I don't have very specific preferences. Personally, I'd wanna try a cold place as I come from a hot place.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 17242
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: SCM - Broad/Carey/Smeal?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 21:57
ASU is best rated out of these.
I would definitely pick the school with the full scholarship. I think you will do great in that field since few people from top-rated schools usually want to pursue SCM.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1785
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: SCM - Broad/Carey/Smeal?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2017, 03:24
sidceg wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
sidceg wrote:
Hi,

I have got full rides with Smeal (PSU) and Carey (ASU) and little over 60% as fellowship in Broad. I want to get into SCM and weighing my options right now. Experts here, care to pitch in?

Thanks!



Congrats for your admit :-)

Are you international applicant or American? what is your short term goal? do you any preference for location or company?

You can search my replies over years for those schools.

Thanks @Mo2men!

Yes am an international student from India. I wanna get into SCM, preferably SCM consulting.

As for the location, I don't have very specific preferences. Personally, I'd wanna try a cold place as I come from a hot place.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


I think If you want cold weather, then either Broad or Smeal is your destination. :lol:

My 2 cents. When it comes to SCM, there is other ranks that could support you and it is called Gartner. Hence, Broad tops all of them. This program has great reputation among industry. Also, in my view this program has more features that complement your study. The SC electives are more diverse so it will equip you with more knowledge and it has the largest SC staff in whole US schools. Those features somehow are less in Smeal ans Carey. I'm familiar with Smeal SCM as regular visitor to their executive education center. Carey has great reputation in South West with more service focus.

If you can afford or secure more scholarship from Broad, so It will be nice. If you can't, then Carey might be good choice for you.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Aug 2014
Posts: 69
Re: SCM - Broad/Carey/Smeal?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2017, 11:55
bb wrote:
ASU is best rated out of these.
I would definitely pick the school with the full scholarship. I think you will do great in that field since few people from top-rated schools usually want to pursue SCM.


Thank you bb!

From what I spoke to people from both Smeal and W P Carey, Smeal students seemed better contended with their choice than W P Carey's. And the way I perceive, Smeal and Broad looks consistent with its placement records in Supply Chain.

Correct me if am wrong.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Aug 2014
Posts: 69
SCM - Broad/Carey/Smeal?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2017, 11:59
Mo2men wrote:
I think If you want cold weather, then either Broad or Smeal is your destination. :lol:

My 2 cents. When it comes to SCM, there is other ranks that could support you and it is called Gartner. Hence, Broad tops all of them. This program has great reputation among industry. Also, in my view this program has more features that complement your study. The SC electives are more diverse so it will equip you with more knowledge and it has the largest SC staff in whole US schools. Those features somehow are less in Smeal ans Carey. I'm familiar with Smeal SCM as regular visitor to their executive education center. Carey has great reputation in South West with more service focus.

If you can afford or secure more scholarship from Broad, so It will be nice. If you can't, then Carey might be good choice for you.


Thank you Mo2men! That was detailed. What do you think about Smeal? Though ASU has got better rankings, I couldn't feel that vibe from its students/alumni. I'm wondering why.

And yes, cold weather does interests me :)
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1785
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: SCM - Broad/Carey/Smeal?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2017, 12:27
sidceg wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
I think If you want cold weather, then either Broad or Smeal is your destination. :lol:

My 2 cents. When it comes to SCM, there is other ranks that could support you and it is called Gartner. Hence, Broad tops all of them. This program has great reputation among industry. Also, in my view this program has more features that complement your study. The SC electives are more diverse so it will equip you with more knowledge and it has the largest SC staff in whole US schools. Those features somehow are less in Smeal ans Carey. I'm familiar with Smeal SCM as regular visitor to their executive education center. Carey has great reputation in South West with more service focus.

If you can afford or secure more scholarship from Broad, so It will be nice. If you can't, then Carey might be good choice for you.


Thank you Mo2men! That was detailed. What do you think about Smeal? Though ASU has got better rankings, I couldn't feel that vibe from its students/alumni. I'm wondering why.

And yes, cold weather does interests me :)


I attended Smeal MBA class one day. I did not like the program, although I like its supply chain executive program and center. I feel lack a lot of other programs like in Broad and Carey. Honestly, I do not have info about Carey nor contacts. It has reputation in Supply chain but when I look to full program, I find the electives are not interesting and do not complement the whole SCM courses. Again, it is only my perception about Carey.
Re: SCM - Broad/Carey/Smeal? &nbs [#permalink] 18 Dec 2017, 12:27
Display posts from previous: Sort by

SCM - Broad/Carey/Smeal?

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.