GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Sep 2018, 17:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Score cancellation by GMAC

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Score cancellation by GMAC  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 04:00
So i gave my gmat exam on 27th August '18 .
I was allowed to sit in the test and as i completed my test along with my unofficial score card i was handed over a receipt with a case number written on it. It was told to me that my name on passport doesn't match the name in records.As they were right , i didn't include my Surname in the name , as i only mentioned my name as Taranjeet Singh ,even on my other records (licence for eg ) has Taranjeet Singh only . While on my passport i have my surname ' ****al' too after that.
After speaking to the customer care , the person told me that in 3-4 days i ll be notified about the changes. I fear if my score would be cancelled by GMAC , anyone has any idea regarding what would happen ?

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Score cancellation by GMAC  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2018, 07:58
Welcome to GMAT Club.

It’s nothing terrible in the grand scheme of things. In the worst case scenario, you’ll have to retake the test. You’ll have to pay another $250. You have to wait 15 days. But this won’t impact your admission chances or anything like that.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2018, 08:19
Okay .
But according to GAC rules , they have 3 criterias to cancel scores namely 'T' , 'P' and one another.
But my violation doest come under any one of them. So on what basis will they be cancelling my scores

Target Test Prep Representative
G
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2018, 17:10
Hi Taranjeet,

It’s tough to know exactly how things will play out for you. As bb mentioned, worst-case scenario, you may have to retake the GMAT. I’d just sit tight and see what the folks at GMAC come back with.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
P

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2018, 05:27
Taranjeet wrote:
So i gave my gmat exam on 27th August '18 .
I was allowed to sit in the test and as i completed my test along with my unofficial score card i was handed over a receipt with a case number written on it. It was told to me that my name on passport doesn't match the name in records.As they were right , i didn't include my Surname in the name , as i only mentioned my name as Taranjeet Singh ,even on my other records (licence for eg ) has Taranjeet Singh only . While on my passport i have my surname ' ****al' too after that.
After speaking to the customer care , the person told me that in 3-4 days i ll be notified about the changes. I fear if my score would be cancelled by GMAC , anyone has any idea regarding what would happen ?

To be honest, I am a bit surprised that you were allowed to sit for the exam. GMAT is quite rigid about this name-matching-perfectly rule. If you take the test in India, the only acceptable form of id is your passport so your name must match exactly as that in your passport. Though I would keep my fingers crossed, but it is likely that you will need to retake. Certainly a spot of bad luck! Still, let's wait to hear back from them.

Karishma
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor

Learn more about how Veritas Prep can help you achieve a great GMAT score by checking out their GMAT Prep Options >

GMAT self-study has never been more personalized or more fun. Try ORION Free!

SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2018, 20:51
Taranjeet wrote:
Okay .
But according to GAC rules , they have 3 criterias to cancel scores namely 'T' , 'P' and one another.
But my violation doest come under any one of them. So on what basis will they be cancelling my scores
This comes under the fourth category, S.

Quote:
S (Serious violation)-GMAC canceled the score because of a discrepancy in, or falsification of, a test taker’s identification
They usually reserve S for very serious offences though (falsification, cheating, copying content...), so I doubt they'll put an S on your score report. Normally, if you had not been allowed to take the test, the attempt would not even show on your official score report, but it's hard to say what will happen in your case, given that you took the test. As VeritasKarishma pointed out, they are very strict about this rule, so I don't expect them to make an exception in your case.

Please do post back here and let us know what happened.

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 13:37
Hey Ajitesh ,
I do get your point but allowing me to sit for the exam even due to a name mismatch is the fault of the test centre , so how am i at fault here.
And if you please let me know , if my score gets cancelled , in how many days will i be able to book a retest ?

SVP
SVP
V

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 21:51
Taranjeet wrote:
Hey Ajitesh ,
I do get your point but allowing me to sit for the exam even due to a name mismatch is the fault of the test centre , so how am i at fault here.
And if you please let me know , if my score gets cancelled , in how many days will i be able to book a retest ?
I hope you don't think that I'm trying to blame you. I was just answering your question about the category, and I do feel that Pearson can do more to make the ID requirements clearer.

But now that you've taken the exam, I doubt they'll let you take it again before September 12 or so. The 16 day gap would definitely not have been applied if they hadn't allowed you to take the test.

Did you get any communication (email/call) from them? Under normal circumstances your official score report should have reached you by now.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 23:52
No, nothing from GMAC .
I have tried calling the pearson customer care , but yesterday they told me that it will take another 3-5 days as they have escalated my case.
I don't know why are they taking so much time. If they want to cancel , they should just cancel it straightaway so that i can schedule my retest on time.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2018, 06:46
Well some updates .
The worst case scenario didn't happen.
I received my Official Score report with the amendments in my name included.
I guess , this was the first time anything like this happened :P

SVP
SVP
V

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2018, 07:56
Taranjeet wrote:
Well some updates .
The worst case scenario didn't happen.
I received my Official Score report with the amendments in my name included.
I guess , this was the first time anything like this happened :P
That's great news. Looks like Pearson updated your name in the official score report to match what's on your passport?

All the best for your applications!

Re: Score cancellation by GMAC &nbs [#permalink] 08 Sep 2018, 07:56

Score cancellation by GMAC

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap