Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 18:52 It is currently 02 May 2024, 18:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 44
Schools: ISB '25 (S)
GMAT 1: 630 Q46 V30
GPA: 7.5
WE:Design (Retail)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1307 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30844 [0]
Given Kudos: 637
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 634
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V37
Send PM
Re: Score Improvement from 630 - 700+ [#permalink]
I'm in the same boat as I scored a 640 (Q41 V37). I am currently working on my weak areas (CR & quant) to boost my score.
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 100 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
harora98 wrote:
Hi!

I have been prepping for GMAT since July’23 and gave my exam on 25th October - scoring a 630 (V30, Q46).

Undoubtedly, this score was well in line with the scores I've been getting on the e-gmat mocks, nonetheless, I’m retaking the GMAT in a month (have booked it for 22nd December, to be able to meet the Round 2 deadlines well in time). I’m hoping (and grinding) to get a 700+.

My sectional scores, before my exam, for Verbal have been ranging from V30-V34, and my Quant scores have been averaging between Q42-Q47.

Please help me with a robust study plan / approach to successfully scale up this score.

Posted from my mobile device

To hit that 700+ goal, it seems like a bit more focus on both Quant and Verbal is needed. If you can bump your Quant score up to Q48 and push your Verbal to around V38, you'll be well within reach of your target.

For Quant, since you're already scoring well, it might be those trickier questions that are tripping you up. So, focusing on practicing and mastering those challenging problems could really help.

In Verbal, try to pinpoint which areas need the most improvement. Is it one specific section, or a bit of everything? If it's one or two areas, really hone in on those. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
GmatKnightTutor wrote:
Quote:
I have been prepping for GMAT since July’23 and gave my exam on 25th October - scoring a 630 (V30, Q46).

Person below went from a V31 to a V40 in about 30 days. Maybe some quick tips you can take. Consider getting the ESR. If you share it here (after wiping any personal info), people may provide some specific suggestions as well.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-online- ... 68599.html

Thank you so much for sharing this. I am attaching my ESR as well, for a deeper understanding. :)
My RC score took a terrible dip during the exam - mostly because I got 2 RCs in the last 20 minutes while I was already feeling very tight on time. Nevertheless, I understand I need to work on my RC skillset regardless of timing as a 6 percentile is too low to be just circumstantial. :(

Attachments

IMG_0649.jpeg
IMG_0649.jpeg [ 846.95 KiB | Viewed 384 times ]

IMG_0650.jpeg
IMG_0650.jpeg [ 866.82 KiB | Viewed 382 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Score Improvement from 630 - 700+ [#permalink]
egmat wrote:
harora98 - Thank you for reaching out and sharing your GMAT experience. A 630 is a good score to work with, and with a dedicated and strategic approach, improving to a 700+ score in a month is certainly within reach.

Understanding your subsectional abilities in both Quant and Verbal is crucial for a targeted study plan. It would be helpful to know your specific strengths and areas for improvement within these sections. You can get detailed insights into your subsectional abilities through tools like a Sigma-X mock test or Scholaranium. These tools provide in-depth analysis, helping you to identify and focus on the areas that need the most attention.

Once we understand your subsectional performance, we can develop a more tailored study plan. This plan will focus on reinforcing your strengths and diligently addressing weaker areas, ensuring a well-rounded preparation.

Please share your subsectional scores when you can, and we'll start working on a robust study plan to help you achieve your GMAT goal.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you, e-GMAT, for your prompt response. Following my exam, I forwarded my ESR and account credentials to the support team the very next day with the expectation of receiving a tailored study plan. I shall definitely do the same again right away :)

e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30844 [0]
Given Kudos: 637
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Expert Reply
Quote:
Thank you, e-GMAT, for your prompt response. Following my exam, I forwarded my ESR and account credentials to the support team the very next day with the expectation of receiving a tailored study plan. I shall definitely do the same again right away :)

harora98 - the above works! The first decision we need to make is whether you underperformed or whether the test reflects your ability. If you underperformed, then the team will create a Test Readiness plan with specific metrics. On the other hand, if the test is a true representation of your ability, then we will need to build specific ability improvement plans.

Test Readiness - I would also recommend that you watch our coffee session. I am sharing the link below:

-Rajat
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37348 posts