Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Stanford '23
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GPA: 2.75
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 441 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Scored 650, Q44, V35 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi, mobeen7111

Did you take the GMAT online, the examity version or did you take it at the test center?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 101 [1]
Given Kudos: 227
Send PM
Scored 650, Q44, V35 [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi guys!

I hope its fine for you that I borrow your thread for a while mobeen7111. I happened to get the exact same score as you did so I guess we are in similar boats. =)

Yeah, got my official report today. Im OK with my results, but Im disappointed in my self for failing some types of questions. Overall, GMAT has been a very fun challenge to get acquainted with. The education in my country that I will apply for had a lower limit of 600 last year, and as a native Im even exempted from the requirement of sending a GMAT score with my application. So even if I would love to continue practicing for a retake, I will have to consider thoroughly whether it's actually worth more of my time. In any case, I will post some of my ESR percentages to see if someone has any advice for my failed question type. If I happen to leave this place for good, I must eagerly thank all of the experts dedicating a full time service on this amazing platform. In particular, the work contributed by Bunuel in the quant section for sure is unreal. Also thank you GMATNinja for your sympathetic explanations on verbal matters, and VeritasKarishma for many effective ways of solving quant problems.

My Score: 650

Q: 44
V: 35
IR: 6
AWA: 6

Critical Reasoning: 76th percentile
Analysis/Critique: 25 % - Very weak!
Construction/Plan: 75 %

Reading comprehension: 80th percentile
Identify stated idea: 100 %
Identify inferred idea: 83 %

Sentence correction: 68th percentile
Grammar: 80 %
Communication: 85 %

Quant felt easy compared to many of the questions tagged with 700-level on here. I failed a bit thanks to poor time management. Had 8 minutes left for the last question and was not completely convinced when I answered some of the harder questions.

IR felt easy but I was not enough prepared for one type of question and I was surprised that I got three of these. It was the type with a flow chart and a lot of arrows and operations. I would recommend myself to get more acquainted with this type of chart before retaking the GMAT.

On verbal I got stressed like halfway through. Had one minute left when I got to the second last question. And its observable in my ESR. On the first and second quarter of the section I got 100 % and 86 % correct, respectively. On the second half I was closer to 55 % correct. Im a little confused though that my SC was only in the 68th percentile considering the proportion of correct answers, in comparison to my CR debacle that got me in the 76th.

Another thing that stole some attention was the computer mouse. The pointer got stuck too often and I had to jerk it a couple of times every time I answered a question. In total it might have been a minute on every section that I lost beause of the mouse. Anyway, its marginal.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Bambi2021,

To start, you will likely receive more of a response if you start your own post-thread (instead of piggy-backing on this one). In addition, while the ESR doesn’t provide a lot of information, there are usually a few data points that we can use to define what went wrong on Test Day (and what you should work on to score higher). Since you purchased the ESR, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you (but I will need to see the FULL ESR, not just a few of the 'pieces').

Beyond that, before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far? What “brands” of CATs/mocks have you used?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 101 [0]
Given Kudos: 227
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far? What “brands” of CATs/mocks have you used?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

Rich

Hi Rich!
Thanks for your support. If you find something in my ESR that you think can be helpful for me, of course I would be glad if you went through it.

1) Ive studied since mid march, so 2 ½ month of preparation while also working full time. The last three weeks I was able to fully engage in test preparations.
2) I have used the GMATclub question bank and the Veritas Prep question bank. I did not take any mocks before my exam, but sometimes I took 30 questions on Veritas Prep with timing.

Goals: 700 I guess. Obviously it would strengthen my application. I will apply in the end of this year, so I have about 6 months to increase my score.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Bambi2021,

I've sent you a PM with some additional notes.

Rich
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64923 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Expert Reply
Bambi2021 wrote:
Hi guys!

I hope its fine for you that I borrow your thread for a while mobeen7111. I happened to get the exact same score as you did so I guess we are in similar boats. =)

Yeah, got my official report today. Im OK with my results, but Im disappointed in my self for failing some types of questions. Overall, GMAT has been a very fun challenge to get acquainted with. The education in my country that I will apply for had a lower limit of 600 last year, and as a native Im even exempted from the requirement of sending a GMAT score with my application. So even if I would love to continue practicing for a retake, I will have to consider thoroughly whether it's actually worth more of my time. In any case, I will post some of my ESR percentages to see if someone has any advice for my failed question type. If I happen to leave this place for good, I must eagerly thank all of the experts dedicating a full time service on this amazing platform. In particular, the work contributed by Bunuel in the quant section for sure is unreal. Also thank you GMATNinja for your sympathetic explanations on verbal matters, and VeritasKarishma for many effective ways of solving quant problems.

My Score: 650

Q: 44
V: 35
IR: 6
AWA: 6

Critical Reasoning: 76th percentile
Analysis/Critique: 25 % - Very weak!
Construction/Plan: 75 %

Reading comprehension: 80th percentile
Identify stated idea: 100 %
Identify inferred idea: 83 %

Sentence correction: 68th percentile
Grammar: 80 %
Communication: 85 %

Quant felt easy compared to many of the questions tagged with 700-level on here. I failed a bit thanks to poor time management. Had 8 minutes left for the last question and was not completely convinced when I answered some of the harder questions.

IR felt easy but I was not enough prepared for one type of question and I was surprised that I got three of these. It was the type with a flow chart and a lot of arrows and operations. I would recommend myself to get more acquainted with this type of chart before retaking the GMAT.

On verbal I got stressed like halfway through. Had one minute left when I got to the second last question. And its observable in my ESR. On the first and second quarter of the section I got 100 % and 86 % correct, respectively. On the second half I was closer to 55 % correct. Im a little confused though that my SC was only in the 68th percentile considering the proportion of correct answers, in comparison to my CR debacle that got me in the 76th.

Another thing that stole some attention was the computer mouse. The pointer got stuck too often and I had to jerk it a couple of times every time I answered a question. In total it might have been a minute on every section that I lost beause of the mouse. Anyway, its marginal.

Your performance in Verbal (abt 75 percentile) has been better than your performance in Quant (about 60 percentile. What does your ESR say about Quant?
For Verbal, if you work on your CR, you should comfortably get into the 80+ percentile, which is good for any school of your choice.

If you do plan to retake, let me know so that we can look at the best course of action in more detail.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37310 posts