Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1401 [139]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Most Helpful Reply
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 232 [16]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: International Business, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.49
WE:Web Development (Insurance)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [12]
Given Kudos: 93
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V23
Send PM
General Discussion
Director
Director
Status:Everyone is a leader. Just stop listening to others.
Own Kudos [?]: 4595 [2]
Given Kudos: 235
GPA: 3.51
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Shaw’s defense of a theater of ideas brought him up against both his g [#permalink]
Kudos
For Q 9th, Option C is marked as OA : the author’s attitude toward Shaw can best be described as APPROVING,
but in following snippet author is criticizing Shaw, kindly share your views on this.

Thanks.

Shaw, whose essential modesty is as disarming as his pose of vanity is disconcerting, assigns to himself the role, not of the master, but of the pioneer, the role of a Marlowe rather than of a Shakespeare.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [6]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: NTU '17 AGSM '16
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Re: Shaw’s defense of a theater of ideas brought him up against both his g [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
6. Which of the following does the author cite as a contradiction in Shaw?
(A) Whereas he pretended to be vain, he was actually modest.
(B) He questioned the significance of the Hebrew Bible, and yet he believed that a great artist could be motivated by religious zeal.
(C) Although he insisted that true art springs from moral passion, he rejected the notion that morals do not change.
(D) He considered himself to be the pioneer of a new philosophy, but he hoped his audiences would eventually adopt his point of view.
(E) On the one hand, he held that ideas are a most important part of a work of art; on the other hand, he believed that ideas go out of date.
[Obscure] Spoiler:
A

why not "E". Passage clearly states that Shaw believed in the idea of "idea" influencing art ? I could not find a relation in A

7. The ideas attributed to Shaw in the passage suggest that he would most likely agree with which of the following statements?
(A) Every great poet digs down to a level where human nature is always and everywhere alike.
(B) A play cannot be comprehended fully without some knowledge and imaginative understanding of its context.
(C) A great music drama like Der Ring des Nibelungen springs from a love of beauty, not from a love of art.
(D) Morality is immutable; it is not something to be discussed and worked out.
(E) Don Giovanni is a masterpiece because it is as relevant today as it was when it was created.
[Obscure] Spoiler:
B
I could not infer this particular line from any of the options.

8. The passage contains information that answers which of the following questions?
I. According to Shaw, what is the most important part of a work of art?
II. In Shaw’s view, what does the Hebrew Bible have in common with Don Giovanni?
III. According to the author, what was Shaw’s assessment of himself as a playwright?
(A) I only
(B) III only
(C) I and II only
(D) II and III only
(E) I, II, and III
[Obscure] Spoiler:
D

"I" is clearly stated in the lines " If, as Shaw holds, ideas are a most important part of a work of art, and if, as he also holds, ".....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Kudos
I think Q no. 9 cannot be C. It should be rather A,i.e, condescending. The following statement in the passage shows that the author's attitude towards SHAW IS CONDESCENDING:
" Shaw, whose essential modesty is as disarming as his pose of vanity is disconcerting, assigns to himself the role, not of the master, but of the pioneer..."
Can somebody please explain. kudos for sure.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [4]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Kudos
gmatter0913 wrote:
Found this passage to be very tough.

Can somebody help me on question 4?

Quote:
4. According to the author, Shaw’s didacticism was unusual in that it was characterized by
(A) idealism
(B) historicism
(C) hedonism
(D) moralism
(E) religious zeal

This was my thinking to get to the answer- Didacticism refers to teaching or instruction especially on morality. Even if we don't know the meaning of this word. we can infer the meaning to a certain extent based on these lines from the passage " His teaching is that beauty is a by-product of other activity; that the artist writes out of moral passion (in forms varying from political conviction to religious zeal), not out of love of art". Now the question asks us what is unusual about Shaw's Didacticism, we can straightaway eliminate moralism and religious zeal because these are synonymous with Didacticism and not unusual characterizations of it.

Now, the lines which help us to find the answer are the following:

The history of aesthetics affords more examples of a didactic than of a hedonist view. But Shaw’s didacticism takes an unusual turn in its application to the history of arts.

We can safely eliminate Hedonism from the answer choices and the second highlighted line clearly tells us that it's the application to the HISTORY of arts that is unusual to Shaw's take on Didacticism.

Hope i made some sense.

Thank you
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 170 [1]
Given Kudos: 342
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Send PM
Kudos
2. The author sets off the word “pure” (line 9) with quotation marks in order to
(A) contrast it with the word “true,” which appears later (line 10)
(B) suggest that, in this context, it is synonymous with “commercialized” (line 9)

quotation mark are used to say "so called". Confused between A &B. May be author wants to say that so-called distinction between pure art & commercial art is not actually a valid distinction.

5. It can be inferred from the passage that Shaw would probably agree with all of the following statements about Shakespeare EXCEPT:
(A) He wrote out of a moral passion.
(B) All of his plays are out of date in some important respect.
(C) He was the most profound and original thinker of his epoch.
(D) He was a greater artist than Marlowe.
(E) His Lear gives full and final form to the philosophy of his age.

Lost

7. The ideas attributed to Shaw in the passage suggest that he would most likely agree with which of the following statements?
(A) Every great poet digs down to a level where human nature is always and everywhere alike.
(B) A play cannot be comprehended fully without some knowledge and imaginative understanding of its context.
(C) A great music drama like Der Ring des Nibelungen springs from a love of beauty, not from a love of art.
(E) Don Giovanni is a masterpiece because it is as relevant today as it was when it was created. : No one, says Shaw, will ever write a better tragedy than Lear or a better opera than Don Giovanni or a better music drama than Der Ring des Nibelungen; but just as essential to a play as this aesthetic merit is moral relevance which, if we take a naturalistic and historical view of morals, it loses, or partly loses, in time. so even if Don Giovanni is a masterpiece, with time everything loses its value, its relevancy.

Correct : B

8. The passage contains information that answers which of the following questions?
II. In Shaw’s view, what does the Hebrew Bible have in common with Don Giovanni?
III. According to the author, what was Shaw’s assessment of himself as a playwright?
(A) I only
(B) III only
(C) I and II only
(D) II and III only
(E) I, II, and III

According to Shaw, what is the most important part of a work of art? If, as Shaw holds, ideas are a most important part of a work of art, and if, as he also holds, ideas go out of date, it follows that even the best works of art go out of date in some important respects and that the generally held view that great works are in all respects eternal is not shared by Shaw.

According to the author, what was Shaw’s assessment of himself as a playwright?
Shaw, whose essential modesty is as disarming as his pose of vanity is disconcerting, assigns to himself the role, not of the master, but of the pioneer,

II. In Shaw’s view, what does the Hebrew Bible have in common with Don Giovanni? That both are irrelevant today (modern literature and music form a Bible surpassing in significance the Hebrew Bible.will ever write a better tragedy than Lear or a better opera than Don Giovanni or a better music drama than Der Ring des Nibelungen; but just as essential to a play as this aesthetic merit is moral relevance which, if we take a naturalistic and historical view of morals, it loses, or partly loses, in time.)

I dont understand why it is D?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
abrakadabra21 wrote:
arirux92 wrote:
mojorising800 wrote:
(A) I only
(B) III only
(C) I and II only
(D) II and III only
(E) I, II, and III

Classic GMAT trap.
#1 rule of GMAT RC is avoid options that are too extreme unless specifically written in the passage.

The passage talks about Shaw's view of art, of the position of morality in art, so it must be very important to him. But is it written anywhere that it's the most important? No!

Always!! I can't stress this enough! Always avoid options with too strong keywords like : most important, not important at all, the highest, etc. Always leave some space for exceptions.

9. As it is revealed in the passage, the author’s attitude toward Shaw can best be described as
(A) condescending
(B) completely neutral
(C) approving
(D) envious
(E) adulatory

People here are confused between A and E. So Lets dissect.

Condescending implies superiority. A tone of arrogance. Looking down on somebody. But...

Shaw, whose essential modesty is as disarming as his pose of vanity is disconcerting,assigns to himself the role, not of the master, but of the pioneer, the role of a Marlowe rather than of a Shakespeare.

Shaw, who has the courage of his historicism, consistently withstands the view that moral problems do not change, and argues therefore that for us modern literature and music form a Bible surpassing in significance the Hebrew Bible.

Here the author is not looking down at Shaw. He approves of Shaw's stand on art. He says Shaw has the courage to stand for his point of view. You can't call someone a pioneer and look down upon them can you?

Hope it helped.

It's not extreme. It is written in passage itself that most important part of art is idea.

Hi abrakadabra21

I think there's a typo here... it says ideas are a most important part of art. It should be either ideas are a very important part of art or ideas are the most important part of art. Looking at the answer, I am inclined towards the former.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 730 Q41 V49
GPA: 3.96
Send PM
Kudos
arirux92 wrote:
mojorising800 wrote:
Shaw’s defense of a theater of ideas brought him up against both his great bugbears—commercialized art on the one hand and Art for Art’s Sake on the other. His teaching is that beauty is a by-product of other activity; that the artist writes out of moral passion (in forms varying from political conviction to religious zeal), not out of love of art; that the pursuit of art for its own sake is a form of self-indulgence as bad as any other sort of sensuality. In the end, the errors of “pure” art and of commercialized art are identical: they both appeal primarily to the senses. True art, on the other hand, is not merely a matter of pleasure. It may be unpleasant. A favorite Shavian metaphor for the function of the arts is that of tooth-pulling. Even if the patient is under laughing gas, the tooth is still pulled.

The history of aesthetics affords more examples of a didactic than of a hedonist view. But Shaw’s didacticism takes an unusual turn in its application to the history of arts. If, as Shaw holds, ideas are a most important part of a work of art, and if, as he also holds, ideas go out of date, it follows that even the best works of art go out of date in some important respects and that the generally held view that great works are in all respects eternal is not shared by Shaw. In the preface to Three Plays for Puritans, he maintains that renewal in the arts means renewal in philosophy, that the first great artist who comes along after a renewal gives to the new philosophy full and final form, that subsequent artists, though even more gifted, can do nothing but refine upon the master without matching him. Shaw, whose essential modesty is as disarming as his pose of vanity is disconcerting, assigns to himself the role, not of the master, but of the pioneer, the role of a Marlowe rather than of a Shakespeare. “The whirligig of time will soon bring my audiences to my own point of view,” he writes, “and then the next Shakespeare that comes along will turn these petty tentatives of mine into masterpieces final for their epoch.”

“Final for their epoch”—even Shakespearean masterpieces are not final beyond that. No one, says Shaw, will ever write a better tragedy than Lear or a better opera than Don Giovanni or a better music drama than Der Ring des Nibelungen; but just as essential to a play as this aesthetic merit is moral relevance which, if we take a naturalistic and historical view of morals, it loses, or partly loses, in time. Shaw, who has the courage of his historicism, consistently withstands the view that moral problems do not change, and argues therefore that for us modern literature and music form a Bible surpassing in significance the Hebrew Bible. That is Shaw’s anticipatory challenge to the neo-orthodoxy of today.
1. The primary purpose of the passage is to discuss
(A) the unorthodoxy of Shaw’s views on the Bible
(B) the aesthetic merit of Shaw’s plays
(C) Shaw’s theory of art
(D) Shavian examples of the theater of ideas
(E) Shaw’s naturalistic and historical view of morals

2. The author sets off the word “pure” (line 9) with quotation marks in order to
(B) suggest that, in this context, it is synonymous with “commercialized” (line 9)
(C) underscore its importance
(D) strip away its negative connotations
(E) emphasize its positive connotations

3. According to the author, Shaw compares art to tooth-pulling (lines 12-14) in order to show that
(A) the moral relevance of a work of art must be extracted from the epoch in which it was created
(B) true art is painful to the senses
(C) even the best works of art go out of date
(D) pleasure is not the sole purpose of art
(E) all art has a lasting effect on its audience

4. According to the author, Shaw’s didacticism was unusual in that it was characterized by
(A) idealism
(B) historicism
(C) hedonism
(D) moralism
(E) religious zeal

5. It can be inferred from the passage that Shaw would probably agree with all of the following statements about Shakespeare EXCEPT:

(B) He questioned the significance of the Hebrew Bible, and yet he believed that a great artist could be motivated by religious zeal.
(C) Although he insisted that true art springs from moral passion, he rejected the notion that morals do not change.
(D) He considered himself to be the pioneer of a new philosophy, but he hoped his audiences would eventually adopt his point of view.
(E) On the one hand, he held that ideas are a most important part of a work of art; on the other hand, he believed that ideas go out of date.

(E) Don Giovanni is a masterpiece because it is as relevant today as it was when it was created.

(A) I only
(B) III only
(C) I and II only
(D) II and III only
(E) I, II, and III

9. As it is revealed in the passage, the author’s attitude toward Shaw can best be described as
(A) condescending
(B) completely neutral
(C) approving
(D) envious
(E) adulatory

Hi,

This may seem like a hard passage due to all the hard words in it, but if you slow down and read, you'll easily find the way. 9 Question implies that you have at least 9 X 1.5 = 13.5 minutes to create a map for it.

Since people are asking for 5,6,7,8,9 I will be focusing on only those, you can ask me if you have doubts on the ones before :

a) Shaw considers Shakespeare as a great artist. So hence his view points on Morality must apply.
b) As pointed in the last paragraph, all works of art are out of date.
c) Even though Shaw consideres Shakespeare's work of art as greatest, there's no explicit mention of thinker ( Let's hold on to this for the moment)
d) As mentioned, past artist are greater; present ones are pioneers. As the author compares in his notes.
e) Last paragraph. No one will write a tragedy better than Lear. Implies that Shaw considers this the ultimate form of art.

So out of these options, C is the least likely.

Only C and E are mentioned in the passage. But if you read between the lines, in the last paragraph the author explains the theory that E is not contradictory. Difficult to comprehend, but not contradictory ( Since he provides an explanation for it)

As Shaw writes that ideas evolve with time, you can't grasp the idea behind an art without having the context behind the idea during the time the play was written.
Clear winner B

(A) I only
(B) III only
(C) I and II only
(D) II and III only
(E) I, II, and III

Classic GMAT trap.
#1 rule of GMAT RC is avoid options that are too extreme unless specifically written in the passage.

The passage talks about Shaw's view of art, of the position of morality in art, so it must be very important to him. But is it written anywhere that it's the most important? No!

Always!! I can't stress this enough! Always avoid options with too strong keywords like : most important, not important at all, the highest, etc. Always leave some space for exceptions.

(A) condescending
(B) completely neutral
(C) approving
(D) envious
(E) adulatory
[/box_in][/box_out]

Condescending implies superiority. A tone of arrogance. Looking down on somebody. But...

Shaw, whose essential modesty is as disarming as his pose of vanity is disconcerting,assigns to himself the role, not of the master, but of the pioneer, the role of a Marlowe rather than of a Shakespeare.

Shaw, who has the courage of his historicism, consistently withstands the view that moral problems do not change, and argues therefore that for us modern literature and music form a Bible surpassing in significance the Hebrew Bible.

Here the author is not looking down at Shaw. He approves of Shaw's stand on art. He says Shaw has the courage to stand for his point of view. You can't call someone a pioneer and look down upon them can you?

Hope it helped.[/quote]

The following line answers Q8.
From the passage
" ideas are a most important part of a work of art,"
So "I" should definitely be true.
The passage does talk about Shaw and and does mention that Shaw did write the preface to "Three plays for Puritans", however,
the passage doesn't mention if Shaw calling himself "a pioneer" is also applicable to Shaw as a playwright.
We can still infer the aforementioned information in which case I and III will be true, however, this choice isn't in the options provided.

The correct answer therefore should be A.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2055 [0]
Given Kudos: 174
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V42
Send PM
abrakadabra21 wrote:

It's not extreme. It is written in passage itself that most important part of art is idea.

I completely agree on this one. In question 8. the statement one has been mentioned explicitly in the passage as " Ideas are the most important part of art" & further it is said - since all ideas go out of date , all works of art too go out of date. Then how can the OA to q 8 be D? I was hoping for a I & III as OA & an option to choose from!

daagh hazelnut chetan2u abhimahna, experts, someone please guide here.

Thanks,
Gladi
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 339
Send PM
can anyone elucidate, in q8 how can we infer

"II. In Shaw’s view, what does the Hebrew Bible have in common with Don Giovanni?
III. According to the author, what was Shaw’s assessment of himself as a playwright?"
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 683 [0]
Given Kudos: 1316
Send PM
Shaw’s defense of a theater of ideas brought him up against both his g [#permalink]
Westminster wrote:
can anyone elucidate, in q8 how can we infer

"II. In Shaw’s view, what does the Hebrew Bible have in common with Don Giovanni?
III. According to the author, what was Shaw’s assessment of himself as a playwright?"

Hi Westminster,

Quote:

Can be inferred from the lines: "No one, says Shaw, will ever write a better tragedy than Lear or a better opera than Don Giovanni or.................................therefore that for us modern literature and music form a Bible surpassing in significance the Hebrew Bible. That is Shaw’s anticipatory challenge to the neo-orthodoxy of today", implying that both lose their moral relevance in time.

Quote:

Can be inferred from the lines: "Shaw, whose essential modesty is as disarming as his pose of vanity is disconcerting, assigns to himself the role, not of the master, but of the pioneer, the role of a Marlowe rather than of a Shakespeare."

Hope This Helps.
Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 90
Send PM
Shaw’s defense of a theater of ideas brought him up against both his g [#permalink]
arirux92 wrote:
mojorising800 wrote:
Shaw’s defense of a theater of ideas brought him up against both his great bugbears—commercialized art on the one hand and Art for Art’s Sake on the other. His teaching is that beauty is a by-product of other activity; that the artist writes out of moral passion (in forms varying from political conviction to religious zeal), not out of love of art; that the pursuit of art for its own sake is a form of self-indulgence as bad as any other sort of sensuality. In the end, the errors of “pure” art and of commercialized art are identical: they both appeal primarily to the senses. True art, on the other hand, is not merely a matter of pleasure. It may be unpleasant. A favorite Shavian metaphor for the function of the arts is that of tooth-pulling. Even if the patient is under laughing gas, the tooth is still pulled.

The history of aesthetics affords more examples of a didactic than of a hedonist view. But Shaw’s didacticism takes an unusual turn in its application to the history of arts. If, as Shaw holds, ideas are a most important part of a work of art, and if, as he also holds, ideas go out of date, it follows that even the best works of art go out of date in some important respects and that the generally held view that great works are in all respects eternal is not shared by Shaw. In the preface to Three Plays for Puritans, he maintains that renewal in the arts means renewal in philosophy, that the first great artist who comes along after a renewal gives to the new philosophy full and final form, that subsequent artists, though even more gifted, can do nothing but refine upon the master without matching him. Shaw, whose essential modesty is as disarming as his pose of vanity is disconcerting, assigns to himself the role, not of the master, but of the pioneer, the role of a Marlowe rather than of a Shakespeare. “The whirligig of time will soon bring my audiences to my own point of view,” he writes, “and then the next Shakespeare that comes along will turn these petty tentatives of mine into masterpieces final for their epoch.”

“Final for their epoch”—even Shakespearean masterpieces are not final beyond that. No one, says Shaw, will ever write a better tragedy than Lear or a better opera than Don Giovanni or a better music drama than Der Ring des Nibelungen; but just as essential to a play as this aesthetic merit is moral relevance which, if we take a naturalistic and historical view of morals, it loses, or partly loses, in time. Shaw, who has the courage of his historicism, consistently withstands the view that moral problems do not change, and argues therefore that for us modern literature and music form a Bible surpassing in significance the Hebrew Bible. That is Shaw’s anticipatory challenge to the neo-orthodoxy of today.
1. The primary purpose of the passage is to discuss
(A) the unorthodoxy of Shaw’s views on the Bible
(B) the aesthetic merit of Shaw’s plays
(C) Shaw’s theory of art
(D) Shavian examples of the theater of ideas
(E) Shaw’s naturalistic and historical view of morals

(C) underscore its importance
(D) strip away its negative connotations
(E) emphasize its positive connotations

3. According to the author, Shaw compares art to tooth-pulling (lines 12-14) in order to show that
(A) the moral relevance of a work of art must be extracted from the epoch in which it was created
(B) true art is painful to the senses
(C) even the best works of art go out of date
(D) pleasure is not the sole purpose of art
(E) all art has a lasting effect on its audience

(A) idealism
(B) historicism
(C) hedonism
(D) moralism
(E) religious zeal

(A) I only
(B) III only
(C) I and II only
(D) II and III only
(E) I, II, and III

(A) condescending
(B) completely neutral
(C) approving
(D) envious
(E) adulatory

Hi,

This may seem like a hard passage due to all the hard words in it, but if you slow down and read, you'll easily find the way. 9 Question implies that you have at least 9 X 1.5 = 13.5 minutes to create a map for it.

Since people are asking for 5,6,7,8,9 I will be focusing on only those, you can ask me if you have doubts on the ones before :

a) Shaw considers Shakespeare as a great artist. So hence his view points on Morality must apply.
b) As pointed in the last paragraph, all works of art are out of date.
c) Even though Shaw consideres Shakespeare's work of art as greatest, there's no explicit mention of thinker ( Let's hold on to this for the moment)
d) As mentioned, past artist are greater; present ones are pioneers. As the author compares in his notes.
e) Last paragraph. No one will write a tragedy better than Lear. Implies that Shaw considers this the ultimate form of art.

So out of these options, C is the least likely.

Only C and E are mentioned in the passage. But if you read between the lines, in the last paragraph the author explains the theory that E is not contradictory. Difficult to comprehend, but not contradictory ( Since he provides an explanation for it)

As Shaw writes that ideas evolve with time, you can't grasp the idea behind an art without having the context behind the idea during the time the play was written.
Clear winner B

(A) I only
(B) III only
(C) I and II only
(D) II and III only
(E) I, II, and III

Classic GMAT trap.

(A) condescending
(B) completely neutral
(C) approving
(D) envious
(E) adulatory
[/box_in][/box_out]

Hope it helped.[/quote]

Hi GMATNinja / VeritasKarishma / egmat / sayantanc2k / EMPOWERgmatVerbal / GMATNinjaTwo
daagh
@hazelnut
chetan2u abhimahna

Please help with Q8.In passage it is clearly written "If, as Shaw holds, ideas are a most important part of a work of art" .Why statement "I" is not considered then?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
I am confused with question 8th-i, in the passage it's mentioned as shaw holds an idea is a most important part of the art, so ,how can i be extreme if it's explicitly mentioned in the passage. Also in 9th question options b and c both have neutral tone in the background nothing extreme. Author has discussed Shaw's ideas with her view also where he feels contradicting and where he feels appreciative so, why answer is not "completely neutral" ,he is approving plus showing disagreement. please someone look into this address the same.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 542 [0]
Given Kudos: 1656
Send PM
I’m not an expert at all....but I’ve done way too many of these.

I would not get too tied up over this one (but others will surely disagree).

It is an excellent read. However, the questions are a mixed bag.

Posted from my mobile device
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 848 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Shaws defense of a theater of ideas brought him up against both his g [#permalink]
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Shaws defense of a theater of ideas brought him up against both his g [#permalink]
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
13958 posts