GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Aug 2018, 13:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Sherpa Prep (DC) Review?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Sherpa Prep (DC) Review?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 11:49
Hey Everyone,

New to the community and looking to start my preparation for taking the GMAT in a few months (probably April/May). I recently moved to the DC area for work, and was considering taking a class and came across Sherpa Prep. I found a thread from 2010 on it, but nothing since. It got great reviews on yelp, specifically a teacher named Nafeez, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the course, or instructor. The course runs $899 for 9 weeks (12 classes), which seems to be well below the average price for an in person course. Also, if anyone has any other recommendations i'm all ears.
Thanks!
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: Sherpa Prep (DC) Review?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 12:00
Hi Ramesh,

Since you're not going to be beginning your studies for a few months, you have plenty of time to research the various study options and pick one that best matches your schedule and personality.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

SVP
SVP
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2015, 22:22
GGNovak wrote:
Hey Everyone,

New to the community and looking to start my preparation for taking the GMAT in a few months (probably April/May). I recently moved to the DC area for work, and was considering taking a class and came across Sherpa Prep. I found a thread from 2010 on it, but nothing since. It got great reviews on yelp, specifically a teacher named Nafeez, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the course, or instructor. The course runs $899 for 9 weeks (12 classes), which seems to be well below the average price for an in person course. Also, if anyone has any other recommendations i'm all ears.
Thanks!

There are various ways to study for the test and private tutoring is one of them and the most expensive one:

1. You can opt for a book heavy approach
2. You can opt for an online course
3. You can opt for an online tutoring service/private tutoring service.

Which one you chose depends on the mode of study you are most comfortable with.

You can have a look at our courses here: http://optimus-prep.com/gmat/

What is your target GMAT score?
You need close to 3 months to prepare well for the GMAT. So choose the GMAT date accordingly.
Studying more that required sometimes burns you out.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2018, 20:13
Greetings,

I recently finished the Sherpa Prep GMAT course and can't speak highly enough about the team and the experience. I was completely blown away. The course is 9 weeks long with classes meeting once (sometimes twice) a week. Classes alternate between building fundamental math and verbal skills designed to help you grasp simple and complex concepts quickly in order to help you beat the GMAT. Each student receives a course syllabus, Official Guide study materials, and incredibly detailed Sherpa course packets. The packets and class work are seriously your key to crushing the GMAT. You'll learn everything you need to know and will learn quick/simple solutions to tackle the toughest GMAT problems.

My instructor was Nafeez and I can't speak highly enough about him. He is an incredible instructor and truly cares about his students. He takes the time to personalize the experience for each student so he or she can be the best version of themselves on test day and during the entire application process. Nafeez was always available for one-on-ones before or after class, during office hours, or via email. He makes sure you know that you are a Sherpa student for life. Additionally, Sherpa continues to provide help and guidance even after the course ends, you've taken your GMAT, and you've been accepted to school.

Please do yourself a favor and invest in Sherpa's program, it's an absolute steal and incredibly affordable. Anyone who is serious about going back to a top business school shouldn't look anywhere else but Sherpa Prep. You seriously won't be disappointed. You can even reach out to Sherpa and sit in on one of their classes just to see how much you can/will learn. You will be completely blown away by the experience and the incredible instruction.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2018, 06:44
I can't recommend Sherpa highly enough. Nafeez is an incredibly engaging teacher and gives clear, straightforward guidance. I came out of that class with great tools not only for problem solving but also for managing my time and mental state on test day. Above all, Nafeez helped me understand the discipline required to do well on the GMAT - not only how much study time is required but also how to use that study time wisely. I'm walking away with a 720 and am quite confident I couldn't have done it without Sherpa.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2018, 08:05
I took the Sherpa GMAT course and agree with the positive reviews. The classes are incredibly thorough, and my instructor, Nafeez, offered great test-taking techniques throughout the classes. The most valuable aspect of the course for me, though, is the assistance you'll receive outside of class. You will have weekly office hours and check-ins/updates with your instructor at your disposal, at no additional cost, indefinitely. I would definitely recommend Sherpa.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2018, 11:54
I highly recommend Sherpa Prep for GMAT. Truly the best value you can get in a prep course. With their help I was able to achieve my target score on the first try.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2018, 11:15
I give Sherpa Prep my highest recommendation. I took the Sherpa GMAT course during spring 2018 and improved my GMAT score by 90 points. The class provides you with both the knowledge and strategy for tackling the test, which is essential given the complexity and time pressures imposed by the adaptive nature of the GMAT. Their class sizes are capped at 12, which means you always have ample opportunity to have your questions answered. The course also includes tons of invaluable study materials to help you digest and master all the knowledge needed to beat the test.

Most importantly, as a boutique test prep shop, they really go the extra mile to offer personalized instruction and support over other big name test prep companies. Each instructor schedules several 1:1 check-in sessions with you throughout the course to go over your error log and address content sticking points and areas of text strategy or anxiety. Sherpa holds office hours every Sunday that are open to all students to get extra tutoring support—which you can continue to attend for as much time as you need after the course ends before taking the test. After my first GMAT test attempt didn’t go as well as I’d hoped, both Nafeez and Erin took time to speak with me over the phone that week to help me debrief the test and develop a strategy for coming back stronger on the next attempt. No serious test prep company is cheap, but I really felt Sherpa made the costs more than worth it for my future professional gain.

-Amit
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 12:06
If you're aiming for an elite GMAT score (700+), Sherpa Prep is 100% the course for you. They have truly "hacked" the GMAT and designed a comprehensive course that makes conquering the GMAT simply a matter of how much time/effort you put in. The value of this course is undeniable. It's a good deal and worth every penny. Highly recommmend.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2018, 06:00
I'm extremely happy with the decision I made to go with Sherpa Prep for my GMAT prep. Simply put Nafeez is an A+ teacher. He will arm you with all methods, concepts, and motivation needed to succeed on this test.

On top of being a very talented instructor, Nafeez's personality makes going to class easy. He keeps the class engaged, but also knows when to lighten the mood or crack a joke. He is extremely knowledgeable on all things GMAT and all things business school (and more...). He is very accessible to his students and puts in the effort to get to know each student on an individual level (you will have the opportunity to set up one-on-ones throughout the course and beyond).

I have no doubt that I am getting more value with Sherpa Prep than I would be with any of the other GMAT prep companies. It's really uncommon to hear such overwhelmingly favorable opinions of a GMAT prep course/instructors like you will hear about Sherpa Prep. Do yourself a favor and sign up for the class, it is very much worth it.
Re: Sherpa Prep (DC) Review? &nbs [#permalink] 06 Aug 2018, 06:00

Sherpa Prep (DC) Review?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR AUGUST
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap