Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1219 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Should I go for an MBA? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi there,

Thanks for some extra info. My thoughts...

-there are no guarantees of course!! so everyone you speak with will be offering an opinion...and in some ways, even the admissions decisions are opinions/subjective at the end of the day, and decisions are based on an overall, holistic assessment of you, who you are, what you will bring to the program, how you will use the MBA, how you fit with the school, how you stack up against other applicants, etc.

-given that you've ALREADY established a career in market research and are working towards that trajectory, my view would be there's no reason to make a major shift in directions, even if it is back to what you focused on in undergrad, unless you truly want to change your career direction long term back to that focus.

-if the 750 has been obtained (?), congrats that is a great score, and IF you put together an excellent application, essays, interviews, recommendations, etc I would think you would be considered at Ross.

Good luck on the process! Don't underestimate how important it is to put together a great application and essays, and also to really show why you love Ross!
Retired Moderator
Send PM
mbaMissionJenK wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks for some extra info. My thoughts...

-there are no guarantees of course!! so everyone you speak with will be offering an opinion...and in some ways, even the admissions decisions are opinions/subjective at the end of the day, and decisions are based on an overall, holistic assessment of you, who you are, what you will bring to the program, how you will use the MBA, how you fit with the school, how you stack up against other applicants, etc.

-given that you've ALREADY established a career in market research and are working towards that trajectory, my view would be there's no reason to make a major shift in directions, even if it is back to what you focused on in undergrad, unless you truly want to change your career direction long term back to that focus.

-if the 750 has been obtained (?), congrats that is a great score, and IF you put together an excellent application, essays, interviews, recommendations, etc I would think you would be considered at Ross.

Good luck on the process! Don't underestimate how important it is to put together a great application and essays, and also to really show why you love Ross!

Thank you Jen..this is probably the most positive thing I have heard since I took the MBA decision..The score is just a few days away..I am pretty sure about it..Hope to get in touch with you if all works out as planned..
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sounds good, keep us posted and good luck!
Moderator:
1452 posts