GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 08:56

ISB R1 results on Nov 15:

Join Chat Room for Live Updates

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Advice For Applicants Considering Round 2

November 16, 2018

November 16, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Many of you may be wondering whether you should pull the trigger and apply to business school during round 2 this winter.
  • Save up to $500 on MBA Admissions Consulting!

November 21, 2018

November 21, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Apply with confidence using an Accepted admissions expert, save money and get accepted!

Should I take the GMAT even though I meet the GPA cutoff to waive it?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Should I take the GMAT even though I meet the GPA cutoff to waive it?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2018, 01:18
Title.

Little more context, if it might influence the answer in anyway.

I have no work experience, internships, or extracurriculars on my resume. As sad as it is, I was a full-time student basically giving it my all and the highest I could muster was a 3.46 GPA. Not bad, but far from phenomenal. Still, some of the school's I'm hoping to get into have a GPA cutoff where if your GPA is above 'X' GPA, you don't have to take the GMAT and I'm fortunate enough to be above that threshold.

I was wondering if it's wise to take the GMAT anyway to make up for the lack of job experience.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
Re: Should I take the GMAT even though I meet the GPA cutoff to waive it?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2018, 05:17
plasticzealot wrote:
Title.

Little more context, if it might influence the answer in anyway.

I have no work experience, internships, or extracurriculars on my resume. As sad as it is, I was a full-time student basically giving it my all and the highest I could muster was a 3.46 GPA. Not bad, but far from phenomenal. Still, some of the school's I'm hoping to get into have a GPA cutoff where if your GPA is above 'X' GPA, you don't have to take the GMAT and I'm fortunate enough to be above that threshold.

I was wondering if it's wise to take the GMAT anyway to make up for the lack of job experience.

Hello Plasticzealot,

It all depends on your dreams and ambitions. If you plan to do it from a top-tier B-school, Work experience is mandatory which you're lacking at present. so considering an applicant with No work experience and No GMAT would certainly not get you an admit, unless you verify with a school that they accept applicants with a similar profile as yours.
MBA might not work-out for you while applying but you can try for MiM ( from top-tier B-school) which most of the schools accept on your profile but a GMAT is mandatory.

if you can take GMAT and get a score between 600-700 many options are there for you.

hope it helps. if you have any doubts do message me.

Give kudos if it was helpful for you. Thank you!

All the Best!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Should I take the GMAT even though I meet the GPA cutoff to waive it? &nbs [#permalink] 13 Sep 2018, 05:17

Should I take the GMAT even though I meet the GPA cutoff to waive it?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap