GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Apr 2019, 01:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Should I take the test within the next two weeks?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.72
Should I take the test within the next two weeks?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2017, 09:29
I’ve gotten a 750 (47V/47Q), 720 (44V/46Q), and 760 (46V/48Q) on the GMATPrep practice tests I’ve taken thus far. I’m aiming for 750+. I honestly have felt a bit like I’ve been flying by the seat of my pants as I’ve been taking these tests (though I’ve been taking them strictly under testing conditions, timed, no calculator/study materials etc.), and yet when I go back to review I’ve only gotten one question right out of all three tests that was purely out of luck. I also seem to be getting roughly the same number of questions correct (25/37, 27/37, 26/37 for Quant and 37/41, 36/41, and 37/41 for Verbal) each time.

On the other hand, I took an MGMAT test under testing conditions and did significantly worse than my GMATPrep tests (700, 40V/44Q). Quite honestly it felt like each math question had an extra step required to solve it and the general style and aim of the Verbal questions were starkly different from those of the GMATPrep tests – so much so that I honestly hesitate to take any more of them, because I don’t want to mess up my internal “GMAT Verbal compass,” so to speak (though it does seem like it could a valuable weighted bat tool for Quant).

All this to say – should I ignore the MGMAT score take the test in the next two weeks if I want a 750+?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: HKUST '20
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
GPA: 3.1
Re: Should I take the test within the next two weeks?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2017, 10:29
Quant on the MGMAT is tougher as compared to the GMATPrep tests as you rightly mentioned. From my experience, scores tend to go down on the first MGMAT, I suggest you should take another MGMAT after a day or two once you analyze the test, I'm sure your score would likely go up. The accuracy and the scores are fantastic, I reckon you'll do great in 2 week's time.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Tutor
S
Re: Should I take the test within the next two weeks?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2017, 11:07
You should trust your GMATPrep scores far more than any other scores. It sounds like you're in the 740-760 range right now, so if you took the test tomorrow, you'd have a good chance to hit your target, as long as you perform the way you normally do. I think in your position, you'll find it easier to raise your Q score than your V score (even if the V score looks lower, it's actually much higher in percentile terms, which is really what matters), so if you were going to do any further prep, that's where I'd suggest you focus. Good luck!

If you are looking for online GMAT math tutoring, or if you are interested in buying my advanced Quant books and problem sets, please contact me at ianstewartgmat at gmail.com
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Should I take the test within the next two weeks?   [#permalink] 25 Jul 2017, 11:07

Should I take the test within the next two weeks?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap