Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Sloan (MIT) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink]
Sorry, I did not see the other responses before typing mine. What program did you apply for? Only FT MBA decisions were released yesterday. It looks like you applied to something else based on the dates.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
snickerdoodle wrote:
Sorry, I did not see the other responses before typing mine. What program did you apply for? Only FT MBA decisions were released yesterday. It looks like you applied to something else based on the dates.

I had applied for MSMS, but the result date communicated to me was the same. 1st April 5 pm EST.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
macora wrote:
snickerdoodle wrote:

I had applied for MSMS, but the result date communicated to me was the same. 1st April 5 pm EST.

Their site says April 15th:
https://mitsloan.mit.edu/academic/msms/admissions.php
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wish I could meet you and thank you.

Btw, confusion arised because I had got mail from adcom that results will be on 1st April. But I guess now it makes more sense that they will be announced on 15th.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
macora wrote:
Wish I could meet you and thank you.

Btw, confusion arised because I had got mail from adcom that results will be on 1st April. But I guess now it makes more sense that they will be announced on 15th.

Happy to help. Wish we could meet at Sloan! Best of luck.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Does anyone know if fellowship/scholarship decisions are still coming? Or, if we didn't hear anything on the admittance call - should we assume we aren't getting any funding?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ekea123 wrote:
Does anyone know if fellowship/scholarship decisions are still coming? Or, if we didn't hear anything on the admittance call - should we assume we aren't getting any funding?

Last round, someone heard (without asking) that she was getting some money a few days after she got her decision. I know that mbaover30 also heard about two days later -- but he never got an admissions call. Congrats on getting in!

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting are conducting a webinar for the applicants got dinged this year. This is your opportunity to get expert guidance and build a smart strategy for the next application round/season. Webinar will be conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session - this is your opportunity to ask your specific questions.

One lucky attendee will get the opportunity to have his/her (dinged) profile evaluated by Jon Frank during the session. If you'd like to be chosen for this opportunity, please email info@admissionado.com with the subject line "GMAT Club Webinar - Choose me!". Please include your name, nationality, age, GMAT score and a list of schools where you were dinged. And please also attach your essays + resume + LORs from one of your applications. Winner will be notified via email on April 16th!

Here are the details of Webinar

Title :- Dealing with a Ding
Day & Date :- Thursday, April 17, 2014
Time :- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
NOTE :- There are only 100 spots available, so sign up early!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 2.8
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Guys,
I got admits from both Kellogg and Sloan and am having a really tough time deciding between the two.
My short term goal is to join a top tier strategy consulting firm.

The factors that matter to me are following
1. Brand (specially in India in the longer run)
2. Placement opportunities (specially in strategy consulting)
3. Friendly culture (during the two years at school)
4. Option to pursue dual degree in policy with HKS

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Mayank
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: Master’s Career Fair
Last week we released decisions to the MBA Round 2 and MSMS applicants. On behalf of the Admissions Team, a big congratulations to all AdMITs! We are excited to welcome you into the MIT Sloan community and to see you on campus this fall.

Current students are always looking toward the future and discovering the amazing places that MIT Sloan can lead them after graduation. When the Admissions Team is on the road, we are commonly asked about career support at MIT Sloan – What companies recruit MIT Sloan students? How can you help me use my degree to change careers? How strong is the alumni network?

These are all significant questions to think about before applying to a graduate program. MIT Sloan’s Career Development Office (CDO) partners with students, alumni, and companies to offer a wide range of resources to help students set and achieve their career goals.

One of these is our Annual Masters’ Career fair, an event that provides current students the opportunity to meet with a variety of top-notch companies. This year’s Career Fair included participation from AmazonApple, Biogen IdecClinton Health Access InitiativeEmersonFiksuGMCR KeurigLiberty MutualSanDiskShareable InkState Street, and UMT Consulting- to name a few.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: Veterans Ambassadors Day
Happy Friday! We are proud to have hosted Veterans Ambassadors Day yesterday on campus.

MIT Sloan Veterans Ambassadors Day 2014

Veterans are an integral part of our MIT Sloan community, and their leadership skills contribute to our student experience in immeasurable ways.

Veterans Ambassadors Day consisted of a class visit, an Admissions information session, and an engaging panel with the members of the MIT Sloan Veterans Association. I want to say a special thank you to the Vets Association for their help in organizing this event, and for sharing their personal experiences about transitioning back into civilian life, being part of the MIT Sloan community, and the fantastic successes of our alumni.

Learn more about the Veterans Community at MIT Sloan. Have a great weekend!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: Boston Marathon
I am honored to be apart of the strong and resilient MIT community. On behalf of the MIT Sloan Admissions Team, I want to share my admiration and give a big congratulations to all the runners in this year’s Boston Marathon. This year, MIT assembled MIT Strong, a team of 38 students, faculty, alumni, and staff from every corner of our community to raise money for the Collier Fund.

Domingo Godoy, MBA ’14, is one of the MIT Sloan affiliates who is a member of the MIT Strong team – I encourage everyone to read his inspiring story.

Yesterday was truly a wonderful day in the city of Boston. Along with pausing and paying respect to our loss from last April, the athletes and spectators at this year’s marathon brought such a heartfelt and joyous vibe to the day. Congratulations again to all participants!

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: AdMIT Celebration 2014
Welcome MBA Class of 2016 AdMITs!

The Admissions Team is delighted to welcome you to our AdMIT Celebration weekend.  Over the next several days, the MIT Sloan campus will be bustling with over 200 MBA admitted students and their significant others. This is your time to ask questions, explore campus, connect with current students and future classmates, and picture yourself at MIT Sloan. It is truly an exciting time for our Admissions Team – we get to visit with students who we have met on the road and interviewed with from all over the world!

Our team is dedicated to the success of the MBA program and its individual members, so please do not hesitate to say hello to our staff. Welcome to the MIT Sloan Community – we are excited you are here!

MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you everybody who attended the latest webinar jointly organized by GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting for the applicants got dinged this year.

For the members who could not attend this event, we have posted the webinar recording in the main post of this thread.

Check out this link for free ding analysis offer by Admissionado.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: Ask Me Anything Series
The MIT Sloan environment is amazingly open and our students are eager to share their personal stories and experiences.  Our new community event Ask Me Anything series provides first-hand, personal perspectives on diversity issues. Students, faculty members, and staff attend these events to better understand these issues and to learn how they can be better allies and leaders, both within the MIT community and beyond.

This week’s powerful Ask Me Anything speaker was MBA ’15 student Liat Kaver, who has lived with hearing loss since she was 1 year old. Liat described some of the technological advances in hearing aids that are available today. She wears an electronic implant that provides functional (but not perfect) hearing, and jokingly calls herself a “bionic woman”. While the implant has improved Liat’s hearing, she proudly stated “I try not to take advantage of these accommodations. . . I want to show people that I can do it.” I was inspired by her honesty and courage!

Previous sessions of Ask Me Anything have covered topics related to the U.S. Military and the LGBT community. Catherine Gamon, Director of Student Life at MIT Sloan, told me:

“I’ve been thrilled to have the chance to support the Ask Me Anything speaker series this year.  These sessions are terrific at putting a personal face to diversity issues and fostering open and honest dialogue. Events such as this powerfully demonstrate our MIT Sloan student community’s spirit of collaboration, contribution, and caring.”

Fascinating events like the Ask Me Anything series are a few examples of why MIT Sloan is such a special place.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [1]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Kudos
First post here - was dinged after interview in Round 1. Will be reapplying in Round 1 in the 2014/15 season.

I am sorry for those of you still on the waitlist. I remember an article about the pain of being dinged and/or waitlisted and that, however painful the waitlist might be, someone who got dinged would still give their right arm to be in your position right now.

Best of luck guys. It will be worth it in the end.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: Application Updates
A few announcements for those prospective MBA students who are interested in planning ahead:

• The MBA Application deadlines for Fall 2015 entry are September 23 (Round I) and January 8 (Round II)
  • The new essay questions will be ready by the end of June and our online application will go live by early August.
  • This is a great time to start thinking about the individuals you will select to write your letters of recommendation. Our best advice is to take an inventory of people who you have worked with: a supervisor who knows you well, can speak to your accomplishments, and give specific examples of your successes.
The Admissions Team is excited to meet you this summer during campus visits and on the road! Please continue to check our Admissions Events for updated dates and locations for summer recruiting events. We look forward to connecting with you!

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts