It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 10:45

Final Week of R1 Decisions:

CHAT Rooms | MIT Sloan | McCombs 

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Sports analyst: 90% of Country D's tennis professionals achieve

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

2 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator

Kudos [?]: 2430 [2], given: 178

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Sports analyst: 90% of Country D's tennis professionals achieve [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2015, 15:23
This post received
KUDOS
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

5% (low)

Question Stats:

95% (00:59) correct 5% (00:34) wrong based on 256 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Sports analyst: 90% of Country D's tennis professionals achieve positions in the international top ten, usually before reaching the age of 20. It must be that Country D's population has genetic characteristics that are suited to playing the sport of tennis.
Tennis coach: That's not true. Country D's success in tennis is not related to genetics, but to the skills and experience of its players.

Which of the following, if true, most strengthens the tennis coach's objection to the analyst's claim?

A) The winner of last year's international tennis tour was a player from Country B.
B) The physique that a tennis player is born with is an extremely important factor that can affect that player's success as a professional.
C) In Country D's education, tennis is a compulsory activity that is taught to students through all twelve years of their formal education.
D) In the last Olympic Games, Country D did not win medals in any other discipline other than tennis.
E) Every year, 2% of Country D's tennis professionals are accused of using illegal substances to enhance their performance.
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Simple way to always control time during the quant part.
How to solve main idea questions without full understanding of RC.
660 (Q48, V33) - unpleasant surprise
740 (Q50, V40, IR3) - anti-debrief ;)

Kudos [?]: 2430 [2], given: 178

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 10

Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Sports analyst: 90% of Country D's tennis professionals achieve [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2015, 21:32
Brilliant question, so the passage asks for anything that can support the coach's idea that skills and experience are the major forces driving the good rankings of the player. C provides you a fact that students have been playing tennis since they were very young so by the time a player turns into a pro, he is already quite experienced so supports the tennis coach's viewpoint.

A Does not add up anything, we are not interested in what happened in a specific year.
B Physique shows genetic mapping so kind of weakens if we were to consider it
D We are only interested in tennis and not in any other sports so we can skip it.
E Out of scope

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 10

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

Concentration: International Business, Finance
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Sports analyst: 90% of Country D's tennis professionals achieve [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2015, 03:49
Clearly C is the undisputed winner here.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

Non-Human User

Kudos [?]: 278 [0], given: 0

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2017, 12:37
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.

Kudos [?]: 278 [0], given: 0

Re: Sports analyst: 90% of Country D's tennis professionals achieve   [#permalink] 17 Nov 2017, 12:37

Sports analyst: 90% of Country D's tennis professionals achieve

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap