GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Apr 2019, 15:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Stern (full ride) vs Fuqua (full ride) vs Booth (partial scholarship)

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Stern (full ride) vs Fuqua (full ride) vs Booth (partial scholarship)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2019, 10:49
Thrilled to receive 3 sweet offers, exceeded my expectation.

However, having a hard time to make a decision. Any advise?

Post MBA career goal: IB (prefer in New York)

Stern
Pro: Full ride, close to all the banks in New York, easy to network
Con: many students are pursuing IB, so the competition is though, no campus environment

Fuqua
Pro: Full ride, All the students and alumni I've talked to are very helpful. Highly collaborative environment. Team Fuqua is not fake. Campus environment is great. Love the campus.
Con: location in the south, need to fly to New York, seems not very focus on finance

Booth
Pro: my original dream school, like the quant aspect, students all seem very smart and down to earth. Visited the class, like the professor quality
Con: only partial scholarship, so I have to pay <50k for the tuition. Not sure whether it is needed to fly to New York frequently to recruit at NY bank. Don't really want to stay in Chicago post MBA. The weather is too cold
Manager
Manager
G
Schools: Booth '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Stern (full ride) vs Fuqua (full ride) vs Booth (partial scholarship)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2019, 14:29
nales125 wrote:

Stern
Con: many students are pursuing IB, so the competition is though, no campus environment

Fuqua
Pro: Full ride, All the students and alumni I've talked to are very helpful. Highly collaborative environment. Team Fuqua is not fake. Campus environment is great. Love the campus.
Con: location in the south, need to fly to New York, seems not very focus on finance

Booth
Pro: my original dream school, like the quant aspect, students all seem very smart and down to earth. Visited the class, like the professor quality
Con: only partial scholarship, so I have to pay <50k for the tuition. Not sure whether it is needed to fly to New York frequently to recruit at NY bank. Don't really want to stay in Chicago post MBA. The weather is too cold

Congratulations on these amazing results! What a great problem to have!

My vote is for Booth -
1) Your dream school, and has a fantastic reputation. Undoubtedly Top 5 school (ranking wise).
2) Super IB recruiting. Everyone who wants an IB job gets it.. you'll easily get an IB job in NYC.
3) You also have partial scholarship. If it was zero scholarship, then might be a tougher decision because of the money. But I feel in this case the additional expense will be worth it.
Concentration: Finance
Premium Member
Re: Stern (full ride) vs Fuqua (full ride) vs Booth (partial scholarship)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2019, 16:13
nales125 wrote:

Stern

Fuqua

Booth

Hello nales125

You should be thrilled indeed, congratulations :clap:

Dont get why you have hard time to decide to go to your dream school ? ;) :)

Stern is second best choice.

Weather is indeed to cold :cool: but why did you apply there in first place ?

You cannot get offer from Booth your dream school and then complain on weather :) you knew that when you applied and it still was and still is your dream school and of many more who pursue finance.

Booth is number 1 for Finance and Economics.

Period.

Stern is also great for Finance.

Forget about Fuqua in these settings.

There is no need for me to present you now with rankings, salaries etc. I will assume you are aware of that.

IMO 50k difference absolutely worth of going to Booth, as everybody else noticed.

If not, Stern is really good solution also.

Good luck with going to your dream school and fulfilling your dreams :geek: :cool: :idea:

Not many people can claim and experience that :idea:
B
Schools: Anderson '21 (A)

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2019, 20:25
Booth 100%. 50k is nothing. you will be making tons of money in IB
Which School to Choose Forum Moderator
S
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2019, 21:51
All of the banks will fly their people to Booth to do recruiting on campus and you will have no issue getting a top BB/EB in NYC from Booth. Sub $50K total cost makes Booth a no brainer here.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Stern (full ride) vs Fuqua (full ride) vs Booth (partial scholarship)   [#permalink] 21 Mar 2019, 21:51

Stern (full ride) vs Fuqua (full ride) vs Booth (partial scholarship)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap