GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Oct 2019, 10:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Strategy for my gmat preparation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Quant   Verbal   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
Strategy for my gmat preparation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2019, 15:34
Hey guys,

I have been preparing for gmat since a month and i have scheduled my test on march 22 2019.

After gauging the syllabus and solving ample amount problems i have found out that my weaknesses as following:

Reading comprehension
Stats in quants
Inequalities in quants
Higher level questions in numbers

I have almost 2 weeks left for my test, kindly suggest me some good strategy i should follow to improve in the above

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Strategy for my gmat preparation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2019, 16:39
For all thes areas, go through all questions you have done so far and see if there s a trend I questions that you get wrong. If you identify such a trend then work to address that weakness.

For RC, please read the passage and each answer option CAREFULLY. Remember, EACH WORD HAS SIGNIFICANCE. I just cannot stress this enough. Numerous times, I used to get a question wrong just because I failed to read all words in the options carefully. It might also be useful if you use a strategy of elimination. Study each option and try to find some fault in it that renders it incorrect. Just use these strategies and practice. They worked for me big time.

For the remaining areas, I would suggest brushing up your basics. Knowing the fundamentals inside out is a must. Once that is done, just practice non stop. Try to find the shortest possible solution, that is the one which takes least time for the questions that you can do easily. That way you will have more time left over for tougher questions. Also try to minimise careless errors. All this can only be done via practice and mock tests.

Let me know if you need any help from my side.

Cheers :)

Posted from my mobile device
RC Moderator
V
GMAT 1: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Strategy for my gmat preparation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2019, 18:54
Hello Sagar360 ... welcome to the community.

According to my experience GMAT excellence depends on where you stand now and how much you can apply your learning on the test day. Irrespective of all, your timeline is a bit tight (unless you are already at a close proximity of your goal score). Saying that , one can achieve anything and everything.

As time is not your side ..... (2 weeks ... and unless you are at 750 level)

1. Take a CAT ... to gauge your weekness.
2. Work on ur weekness for a week and take a test again.
3. For verbal concentrate only on official material.
4. For Quant .... revise and keep clam .... absolutely not much practice during the last two weeks.

:-) All the best !!
Senior Manager
D
Strategy for my gmat preparation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 07:29
Sagar360

For RC Strategy, Check below link
https://gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-stop ... 76807.html

For Stats, Inequalities and numbers, focus on below 700 level question and improve accuracy there.
GMAT Club Bot
Strategy for my gmat preparation   [#permalink] 24 Feb 2019, 07:29

Strategy for my gmat preparation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics