GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Jul 2018, 04:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Struggling with GMAT :(

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Struggling with GMAT :( [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2017, 06:36
Hi All,

Really need your help. I am an avg student with 5+ yrs work exp.
Its been more than 10 months , am preparing for GMAT, but not getting the good results.I opted for 1 online course(lets not disclose the name). but it was not worth at all.
In my mocks(Gmat Prep) am constantly score 400 to 500 range, not improving at all.My biggest weakness is Verbal(specially RC section).
I read all mgmat books, Veritas(Half completed). I feel I get more nervous during mock test, so I just choose the answer without much thinking, so I have decided to take mock test every alternate days, just to overcome my anxiety issues.
I am ready to do anything to get 700 scores, am studying daily at least 2 hrs, and weekend 3 to 4 hrs. still don know where am lagging. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Its so frustrating, I just cant explain , I am done with my TOEFL, application, essays, recommendation letters, extra curricular ,Certifications, its just GMAT is pending and am struggling really hard.
some times I just feel like lets give-up , but very next moment my heart says you can do, may be am just following the wrong path.
Some ppl say to book the GMAT test date, but I feel till I hit the 700 range in mock lets not book the test date. Am I doing mistake here?
Is there any way I can improve my scores in one month, I am ready to do anything, put my entire soul, heart, brain into it. I just don want to extend this preparation process till May, Just want to finish the exam ASAP, so that I can focus on my profile and make profile much stronger.

Please please please help me :sad: :sad:

Waiting for your response.

Many Thanks
Savita
V
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Struggling with GMAT :( [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2017, 07:46
skhyadi wrote:
Hi All,

Its been more than 10 months , am preparing for GMAT, but not getting the good results.I opted for 1 online course(lets not disclose the name). but it was not worth at all.
In my mocks(Gmat Prep) am constantly score 400 to 500 range, not improving at all.My biggest weakness is Verbal(specially RC section).
I read all mgmat books, Veritas(Half completed). I feel I get more nervous during mock test, so I just choose the answer without much thinking, so I have decided to take mock test every alternate days, just to overcome my anxiety issues.
I am ready to do anything to get 700 scores, am studying daily at least 2 hrs, and weekend 3 to 4 hrs. still don know where am lagging. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Its so frustrating, I just cant explain , I am done with my TOEFL, application, essays, recommendation letters, extra curricular ,Certifications, its just GMAT is pending and am struggling really hard.
some times I just feel like lets give-up , but very next moment my heart says you can do, may be am just following the wrong path.
Some ppl say to book the GMAT test date, but I feel till I hit the 700 range in mock lets not book the test date. Am I doing mistake here?
Is there any way I can improve my scores in one month, I am ready to do anything, put my entire soul, heart, brain into it. I just don want to extend this preparation process till May, Just want to finish the exam ASAP, so that I can focus on my profile and make profile much stronger.

Many Thanks
Savita

Hi skhyadi,

Here are the things to go about.

Worst to be tackled first:

Read - everyday for 1-2hours!
RC - do 3-4 RCs in a row with timer everyday.

PLANNING:

Build Concepts: Learn the concepts first.
Practice: Practice questions on those concepts.
Quizzes: Do quizzes with mixed questions.
CATs: DO NOT take CATs every other day. We take a CAT to assess ourself not to drain ourself out. Once you know you know all concepts well and doing good in quizzes and you know that it is the time to apply strategies in CATs to get better at time management, to get comfortable with 4h sitting and much more...

Test DATE:
If you think you are not disciplined in your studies and the pressure you have on your head is not enough to push you work harder then go ahead and take the date first, otherwise let the GMATPreps taken at right intervals tell you when you are ready to book the test date.

The longer time taken by the students to succeed in GMAT is mostly due to unorganized study, not studying everyday, NOT REVISING CONTINUOUSLY and not being CONFIDENT all through the prep.

STUDY EVERYDAY.Revise as much as you can. READ a lot.

Please see my post to know how to organize your studies for much better outcome and also multiple resources to help you out.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/need-guidance-254683.html#p1972369

Please post any specific question you have. Happy to help.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Target - 720-740
http://gmatclub.com/forum/information-on-new-gmat-esr-report-beta-221111.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/list-of-one-year-full-time-mba-programs-222103.html

Director
Director
V
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Struggling with GMAT :( [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2017, 09:03
skhyadi wrote:
Hi All,

Many Thanks
Savita

Hi
Please don't get disheartened. It happens with many Gmat aspirants.
The key to getting a good score is a disciplined way of preparation and following the right resources.
Score in the range of 400 to 500 means you have to brush up all the concepts of Quant and Verbal. Go through the MGMAT guides in detail and solve even the practice problems. Since RC is your weakness, solve atleast 3 passages everyday. Try to stick to official material as much as possible especially for Verbal.
The MGMAT books are great for building concepts. Prepare notes while going through the books and revise those notes every week.
You can opt for online course, which have good reviews on Gmatclub such as Empowergmat, Egmat, Economist gmat. Always take a free trial before you enroll for any course to see if you are comfortable with the teaching methodology.
Hope it helps.

Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2017, 09:12
skhyadi wrote:
Unless your quant and verbal are already very strong, we should try not to look at just one month for the GMAT, especially if we are looking for an additional 200-300 points. There are three things I feel you could consider:

1. Think about working with a tutor or classroom program: in an online program you have to do all the diagnosis and planning on your own. An instructor can help you with a lot of that.

2. Work on both your GMAT and profile: don't postpone any other parts of your plan for the GMAT. Give yourself more time for the GMAT (more than a month) but use that time to research your schools, write essays, bolster your profile... anything else that will improve your chances at the schools of your choice.

3. Go step by step: don't look for a major (immediate) increase in score. Set smaller, more achievable targets and work your way up.

Ascore Prep | Online | Bangalore

Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2017, 18:54
Hi skhyadi,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) What has your study routine been for the last 10 months? Were you studying continuously or 'off and on'?
2) What study materials have you used so far (please list them all)?
3) How have you scored on EACH of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
5) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Re: Struggling with GMAT :(   [#permalink] 28 Dec 2017, 18:54

Struggling with GMAT :(

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap