Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1922 [1]
Given Kudos: 628
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22065 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Target Test Prep [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hi,

Being a newbie myself, I can understand the situation. I decided of giving the GMAT very recently. I gave my first official Mock GMAT and scored just 560. Then I heard about Target Test Prep (TTP) from forums and friends. Even I was very skeptical at first. So, I started by taking its 1-week trial (which you can get for only $1). I just loved their structure. The way it is managed and planned and properly articulated. I studied as much as I could in that 1 week. After, the trial I thought of giving the official Mock again. And I score a 680 with a Q50. I know it's not much, but this improvement was within a week. I straightaway took its plan. And I am confident the way it is going, I will get a very good score.

Thank you
Saumen Dutta
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22065 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
saumen56 - Hello! I'm glad you are enjoying the TTP course. If you follow the TTP Study Plan exactly as it is laid out, there is no limit to how high you can score on the GMAT. No matter where you are now, and no matter how you prepared for the GMAT in the past, we will do everything we can to make sure that you achieve your target score on the GMAT. One of our students, Isaac, scored 790 on the GMAT recently. I'd like you to watch his interview here.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me directly. Let's do this together!!!

saumen56 wrote:
Hi,

Being a newbie myself, I can understand the situation. I decided of giving the GMAT very recently. I gave my first official Mock GMAT and scored just 560. Then I heard about Target Test Prep (TTP) from forums and friends. Even I was very skeptical at first. So, I started by taking its 1-week trial (which you can get for only $1). I just loved their structure. The way it is managed and planned and properly articulated. I studied as much as I could in that 1 week. After, the trial I thought of giving the official Mock again. And I score a 680 with a Q50. I know it's not much, but this improvement was within a week. I straightaway took its plan. And I am confident the way it is going, I will get a very good score.

Thank you
Saumen Dutta
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30802 [0]
Given Kudos: 637
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Sakshij0694,

We can definitely help you reach your target score. We have had a lot of students who have improved from a low Verbal score to reach their target scores. Here are a few such examples:

Experience the e-GMAT Free Trial to evaluate the course for yourself

You can sign up for the e-GMAT free trial to get access to 25+ videos and 38+ practice questions. This will help you evaluate the course and decide for yourself if it suits your learning style. Do check the SIGma-X Mock and the in-depth analysis provided.

I would be happy to create personalized milestones for you on a quick call. Please select a time slot that works here.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Karan
rtm1906 wrote:
Hi,

Is Target Test Prep a good starting point for someone taking the GMAT for the first time? I am just now beginning to research courses and I am looking for a complete on-demand course that provides a study plan and most of the necessary resources needed in order to perform very well on the test. Any information on the course or personal reviews would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

So far I know from the club, everyone put positive review for the 'target test prep'. So, you can make a trial for their tutorials.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi rtm1906,

Since it sounds like you're just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can take 2 for free at www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 3.5 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at our website (www.empowergmat.com). I suggest that you take advantage of all of them, then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
rtm1906 wrote:
Hi,

Is Target Test Prep a good starting point for someone taking the GMAT for the first time? I am just now beginning to research courses and I am looking for a complete on-demand course that provides a study plan and most of the necessary resources needed in order to perform very well on the test. Any information on the course or personal reviews would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi rtm1906,

When you choose a resource, make sure to choose one which helps you with the right aspects for your GMAT preparation. As GMAT mainly tests your application skills, the resource you choose must help you with:
  • Concepts
  • Methodology (Very important)
  • Practice questions
  • Their detailed solutions

So, you first learn the concepts of a particular topic, then learn the methodology to solve questions of that topic and only then practice questions to solidify your learning. This is how you go about your GMAT preparation. The resource you choose must make your prep a lot more structured and effective.

And one more important thing to look for in a course is the study plan. To make your prep effective, you need to be really consistent. So, a study plan will help you to be consistent. Having said that, you cannot follow a study plan which doesn't suit you. For example, a person who can dedicate just 3 hours a day cannot have the same study plan as a person who can dedicate 6 hours a day. So, the study plan has to be personalized. And not just that, it's important to have the right guidance from the mentor because students often get stuck in the middle of their prep and do not understand how to proceed further.

You can go through the article below to understand how to choose an online course
Key factors to consider while choosing an online course for GMAT

The best way to choose an online course is to check the free trials of the courses and then decide which suits you the most. I suggest you to check the free trial of GMATWhiz and then take a decision. It provides you with a personalized study plan by taking into account the number of hours you can dedicate for studies in a week. It focuses mainly on the application of concepts and has detailed solutions for the questions which helps you to learn the right methodology. And a dedicated mentor will be assigned to the student once he/she enrolls for the course. The student can get in touch with the mentor once in every 15 days to seek guidance on how to proceed further.

Hope it helped. If you have any queries regarding the study strategy or the resource, you can get in touch with me using the below link. I will be happy to help.

Click here to schedule a call
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 116 [0]
Given Kudos: 218
Send PM
Dear rtm1906,
I share the view of guys regarding the TTP service. Merely my two cents, before TTP I practiced self-studding, by reading the the Manhattan guides and other materials, but these books did not bring me the visible result; the issue is that reading the materials and learn from them are two different points. I also used several online platforms, but the progress was a barely visible. Then, I turned to TTP especially to improve Math score, and its well structured study plan and unique approach helped me to do so. My Quant score was ameliorated from 35 to 44.
GMAT Club Bot