Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 18 Jul 2019, 18:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Technical problem at test center- Not able to take test (Need Help)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Technical problem at test center- Not able to take test (Need Help)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2019, 07:00
Hi Folks,
I was supposed to take my GMAT exam today. I had planned it earlier, prepared well from the last few days and reached GATS test centre in Pune right before the 40 minutes of the schedule. However upon reaching at the center admin told me that they are facing some technical problems and it may take around 30 mins to fix them. I waited for more than half hour past my scheduled time. Still I was hoping that something would happen as I was mentally and physically prepared for the test today. After waiting for around 1 hour I was drained and stressed. Admin asked me to opt for the reschedule as per the policy (Admin told me the Policy- if you are not able to start the test past 30 mins to your scheduled time because of technical glitch, you can reschedule the exam free of cost ).

For this they raised a case and provided me with the case no and customer contact no. and asked me to contact them after 24 hours.

Has anyone ever faced this kind of weird issue while taking the test?
Now I am little confused what date should I take if everything goes well to reschedule my exam. ( Should I take it sooner or take this opportunity to work on my weak areas and improve my score)

thanks in advance for any suggestions and for sharing similar experience
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.67
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Technical problem at test center- Not able to take test (Need Help)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2019, 07:22
Hi Akshayiray
Such issue happens, but rarely.

Whether to reschedule the exam sooner or postpone the exam depends on your preparedness and self-confidence. Confidence is crucial.
If you feel you are ready enough and confident that rescheduling is not affecting you self-esteem, go for it as soon as possible.
If you feel that you were not ready and that you are lucky that the test is rescheduled, take this chance to rehearse and develop your confidence.

I know my words may not be that useful.
Honestly, you know yourself best, so when it comes to self-confidence, no strategy fits all.
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: Technical problem at test center- Not able to take test (Need Help)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2019, 21:27
Hi Akshayiray,

I'm sorry to hear about the technical issue you faced today. While rare, they do happen - and as frustrating as this probably was, you seem to be handling it well. Now that you have some flexibility in terms of when you might reschedule your Exam, you should take the time to assess how you're feeling (and consider how you have been scoring on your practice CATs/mocks). Are you comfortable with the overall content of the Exam and have you been scoring near/above your Score Goal? Are you facing any 'deadlines' regarding when you have to take the GMAT and/or when you plan to apply to School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/
CEO
CEO
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2019, 21:56
Akshayiray wrote:
Has anyone ever faced this kind of weird issue while taking the test?
Now I am little confused what date should I take if everything goes well to reschedule my exam. ( Should I take it sooner or take this opportunity to work on my weak areas and improve my score)

thanks in advance for any suggestions and for sharing similar experience
That's just bad luck. If you decide to take the exam again at a new center, try to pick a Pearson Professional, as those centers are generally better.

If you decide to take the exam again at the same center, you will at least know what the center looks like, which is a good thing.
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2019, 01:02
Thanks you all for your suggestions and keeping me motivated through this.
I was scoring 50-60 points below my target score and planning to work on my weak areas. I was loosing some points because of not paying well attention to the markers and getting trapped in wrong answers. I don't want to loose the momentum though. 10-12 days will give me enough time to rehearsal.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Technical problem at test center- Not able to take test (Need Help)   [#permalink] 28 Jun 2019, 01:02

Technical problem at test center- Not able to take test (Need Help)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep