Last visit was: 12 Jul 2024, 22:33 It is currently 12 Jul 2024, 22:33
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
RC & DI Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 34264 [11]
Given Kudos: 322
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
RC & DI Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 34264 [0]
Given Kudos: 322
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 143
Send PM
Re: The graph above shows rainfall at six locations given by alphabet A to [#permalink]
Kudos
chetan2u wrote:
Attachment:
Rainfall(in mm) at six locations (1).png

The graph above shows rainfall at six locations given by alphabet A to F on Horizontal axis. The Vertical axis gives rainfall in multiples of 25mm in these locations in months of May, June and July of year 2022.
Based on the graph above, it can be said that rainfall in month of June accounts for the majority of rain in the three months in location [Dropdown Placeholder #1] and  also accounts for [Dropdown Placeholder #2] percentage of total combined rainfall in six locations in the month of June.­

­Hi chetan2u, I was wondering why how do we discard location B (also accounts for the majority of the rain and the total combined percentage of total combined rainfall is 18.75)? Maybe I did not understand the question.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
The graph above shows rainfall at six locations given by alphabet A to [#permalink]
RolyGMAT wrote:
chetan2u wrote:
Attachment:
Rainfall(in mm) at six locations (1).png

The graph above shows rainfall at six locations given by alphabet A to F on Horizontal axis. The Vertical axis gives rainfall in multiples of 25mm in these locations in months of May, June and July of year 2022.
Based on the graph above, it can be said that rainfall in month of June accounts for the majority of rain in the three months in location [Dropdown Placeholder #1] and  also accounts for [Dropdown Placeholder #2] percentage of total combined rainfall in six locations in the month of June.­

­Hi chetan2u, I was wondering why how do we discard location B (also accounts for the majority of the rain and the total combined percentage of total combined rainfall is 18.75)? Maybe I did not understand the question.

Thank you!

Hey! So this is how I looked at it.

In location A, rainfall in June is 100mm and May + July is only 75mm (25 + 50 respectively). So it rained 25mm more in June than in both months. 

In location B, rainfall in June is 150mm and May + July is 150mm (75 + 75 respectively). So as compared to both May and July together, June did not have a majority of rainfall.

The other locations you'll notice that May and July's rainfall together was more than June's.

So A is the answer for the first field.

For the second field, the total rainfall in June across all the locations is 800mm. Location A's % is 100/800*100 = 12.5

So 12.5 is the answer for the second field.

Hope this helps! Let me know if my approach is incorrect or I misinterpreted the question.­
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 502
Schools: ISB '25
GPA: 3.8
WE:Project Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Re: The graph above shows rainfall at six locations given by alphabet A to [#permalink]
I fell for the trap and picked F and assumed it was June contributed to max rain in which region
second attempt I got A and 12.5%
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 100 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
The graph above shows rainfall at six locations given by alphabet A to [#permalink]
­Based on the graph above, it can be said that rainfall in month of June accounts for the majority of rain in the three months in location [A] and  also accounts for [12.5] percentage of total combined rainfall in six locations in the month of June.

June => the dark blue one

Location A: June accounts for more than 50% of the total (May + July < June)

(Location B: June = 50% (May + July = June)
For all other locations, June < 50% (May + July > June))

Total rainfall of all locations in June 
100 + 150 + 75 + 125 + 150 + 200 = 800

% Location A - June = \(\frac{100}{800} = 0.125\) = 12.5%
 ­
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
Math Expert
94302 posts
DI Forum Moderator
998 posts
RC & DI Moderator
11468 posts