GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Oct 2018, 13:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

The issue with missing documents

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GRE 1: Q165 V166
The issue with missing documents  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 20 Jan 2018, 03:20
So I applied to a few schools on the deadline or a few hours after the deadline stated on the webpage.
For both, I submitted recommendations a few days after the deadline.
For one school, I missed the transcript. Of course the school emailed me (after giving me an interview invite) for the document...and I submitted it,.

Still, I got that interview invite...but will the late submissions be grounds for rejection? Or conversely did they give me an interview invite despite not knowing my grades because my remaining package was good enough? The GPA is not written on the official transcript so naturally I put "not reported" on the application.

Originally posted by redalertmba on 20 Jan 2018, 03:15.
Last edited by redalertmba on 20 Jan 2018, 03:20, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: The issue with missing documents  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2018, 03:19
First of all let me take this opportunity to smack you around a little bit for submitting an application a few hours after the deadline stated on the web page. Are you suffering from an adrenaline addiction or something, I would just beat my clients to a pulp if they did that. That's a great deal of effort you're risking. To answer your question I do not think that it's going to disqualify you. It's kind of common honestly to submit recommendations a few days afterwards. Unless it's Berkeley or a school where they expressly say that's not okay. As far as the transcript bad move but one of my clients actually did that once and admissions got in touch with them to have him complete his file. But seriously though why are you doing this? No bueno.

http://MBAPrepCoach.com

Farrell Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GRE 1: Q165 V166
The issue with missing documents  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 20 Jan 2018, 03:31
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
First of all let me take this opportunity to smack you around a little bit for submitting an application a few hours after the deadline stated on the web page. Are you suffering from an adrenaline addiction or something, I would just beat my clients to a pulp if they did that. That's a great deal of effort you're risking. To answer your question I do not think that it's going to disqualify you. It's kind of common honestly to submit recommendations a few days afterwards. Unless it's Berkeley or a school where they expressly say that's not okay. As far as the transcript bad move but one of my clients actually did that once and admissions got in touch with them to have him complete his file. But seriously though why are you doing this? No bueno.

Thank you for your concerned comments..I was running short of time to complete an application (I have another graduate program I attend, and I also chose schools at the last minute) and my current employer is reluctant to let go of me...or at least that's the way I feel about it, so it's hard to ask for a recommendation. For the transcript I honestly couldn't get it to be decrypted, and I couldn't risk submitting a little late in order to try and open a transcript.

For the other school that I was late...I'd only checked the deadline on Poets&Quants which did not include a time deadline. Usually I assumed that a deadline date meant the end of that day, but the particular school seems to be asking 5PM on the date of the deadline...I found that out only later.

Originally posted by redalertmba on 20 Jan 2018, 03:24.
Last edited by redalertmba on 20 Jan 2018, 03:31, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: The issue with missing documents  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2018, 03:28
I see, well congrats on the invite! If you get in, I'm sure that your boss will eventually get over it and learn to love again lol :D

Farrell Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

GMAT Club Bot
Re: The issue with missing documents &nbs [#permalink] 20 Jan 2018, 03:28

The issue with missing documents

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap