Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 535 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Stanford School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Re: The London Business School 2009 thread [#permalink]
yeah i am busy finalizing my application at the last moment. I am having hard time with my recommenders :(.

What else is happening with others ? Any one is facing any issues at the last moment ?

Best of luck :).
Cheers
~ashish
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
As most things occur with me, I am stressed out like there is no tommorow. I have all these deadlines looming and my essays are STILL not perfect, thankfully my references are awesome and their reco letters look good. :)

Dream Schools
LBS
HBS

Most likely Schools
Judge
Said

Deleted Schools
IE
INSEAD
IESE

Good luck everyone! (I envy all you bastards who can sleep 8 hours a night, I just have so much to do!)

sumidi
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Venture Capital
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Hey all, I'm new to this thread and am considering an R3 app to LBS. I've read that there's no appreciable different between R1-R3 and that R4 at LBS is most similar to R3's at most U.S. schools (nearly impossible to get in). My apologies if this has already been discussed in this thread, but can anyone confirm whether this is the case? Is R3 at LBS similar to R2 at most U.S. schools?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
To give you some perspective, LBS class size has now increased to about 400 students. The last known yield is about 61%. This means that LBS will send out about 655 admits. In the portal I can see 225 admits already, and I'd guess that the number will be the 200 in R2 (factoring in 25 deferred admits from last year). So thats a total of 425 admits gone in R1 and R2.

Now I'm assuming the number to be 200 in R2 - this is a pretty big assumption. The number of admits may well be lower than 200 and evenly spread out between R2 and R3. This might be the case if LBS assumes a large number of applications in R3, but I don't have any data to help with this. We also have to factor in that yield might be higher than expected this year (in which case LBS will have to send out less admits in R3 and R4). So, with 430 admits still to go and 3 rounds to spread it across, its anybody's guess.

In any case, only submit when your application is strongest.

OhThatMBA wrote:
Hey all, I'm new to this thread and am considering an R3 app to LBS. I've read that there's no appreciable different between R1-R3 and that R4 at LBS is most similar to R3's at most U.S. schools (nearly impossible to get in). My apologies if this has already been discussed in this thread, but can anyone confirm whether this is the case? Is R3 at LBS similar to R2 at most U.S. schools?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Venture Capital
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
To give you some perspective, LBS class size has now increased to about 400 students. The last known yield is about 61%. This means that LBS will send out about 655 admits. In the portal I can see 225 admits already, and I'd guess that the number will be the 200 in R2 (factoring in 25 deferred admits from last year). So thats a total of 425 admits gone in R1 and R2.

Now I'm assuming the number to be 200 in R2 - this is a pretty big assumption. The number of admits may well be lower than 200 and evenly spread out between R2 and R3. This might be the case if LBS assumes a large number of applications in R3, but I don't have any data to help with this. We also have to factor in that yield might be higher than expected this year (in which case LBS will have to send out less admits in R3 and R4). So, with 430 admits still to go and 3 rounds to spread it across, its anybody's guess.

In any case, only submit when your application is strongest.

OhThatMBA wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, this was very helpful. Based on what you said, it seems that an R2 applicant may have a slight advantage over an R3 candidate. Given what I've read elsewhere, applicants are definitely advised to apply in R1-R3 and to avoid R4 if possible. So, perhaps the breakdown is R1 > R2 > R3 >>> R4?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS '11
Send PM
pmenon wrote:
or everyone is still recovering from their new year's celebrations :)

Yeah, that's my excuse. :lol:

Just got my Portal details, for anyone else waiting from R1. And good luck to the R2ers!
Stanford School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Submitted R2 after lot of iterations .. now the waiting game begins .. best of luck everyone :)

~ashish
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Send PM
I just finished mine. Hope for the best. Good luck all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Do we have to send the gmat scores to LBS when applying ??
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q42  V49
Send PM
just sent my app in earlier today.

I haven't sent my GMAT scores to them yet. Only self-reported on the form. I guess if they need it they will email me. Not sure this is correct so as with any info on a message board..
SVP
SVP
Send PM
New Dean at London Business School :

https://faculty.london.edu/ALikierman/161.htm
Current Student
Send PM
Thanks for the link, bsd -- I didn't even know that a new dean was due... :?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance and Entrepreneurship
Schools:Wharton,Chicago, LBS,Stern,Stanford,Harvard,Columbia
 Q50  V40
Send PM
hey bsd_lover

Is there anything I should be doing to improve my candidacy ! Am on the waitlist for wharton as well and I know that they are strict abt not receiving any additional material from the applicant. But is it the same with LBS.

Had a word with my interviewer who said he was shocked why I am on the waitlist ? Should I ask him to re write to the ad come or something. I even know and have worked with couple of noted alums of the school. Should I ask them to write a letter of reference to LBS ?

Please let me know how you handled the waitlist last time and were u WLed in Round 1 or Round 2.

This wait is agonizing....:(
SVP
SVP
Send PM
vmh - if you can get a letter of reference (an in-depth one) from an alum, get it done NOW !! LBS really values input from the LBS family. Last year, I was put on waitlist in R1. My interviewer was surprised when I got put on waitlist. He put in an extra word for me, but it didnt really help. They dinged me after a year long wait in June/July, but gave me an early admit this year.

Here is my debrief if you're interested : post516870.html#p516870

vmh wrote:
hey bsd_lover

Is there anything I should be doing to improve my candidacy ! Am on the waitlist for wharton as well and I know that they are strict abt not receiving any additional material from the applicant. But is it the same with LBS.

Had a word with my interviewer who said he was shocked why I am on the waitlist ? Should I ask him to re write to the ad come or something. I even know and have worked with couple of noted alums of the school. Should I ask them to write a letter of reference to LBS ?

Please let me know how you handled the waitlist last time and were u WLed in Round 1 or Round 2.

This wait is agonizing....:(
Current Student
Send PM
Finally got around to looking at Portal and updating my information. :) Pretty sweet website!

Any other R1ers receive an introduction from a (current) student ambassador? I got an email this week from my contact...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 143 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, VC
Schools:Wharton, LBS, UChicago, Kellogg MMM (Donald Jacobs Scholarship), Stanford, HBS
 Q47  V45
Send PM
In as well for R2
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Yup I got an ambassador / mentor.

Welcome aboard Paradosso.

prashok wrote:
Finally got around to looking at Portal and updating my information. :) Pretty sweet website!

Any other R1ers receive an introduction from a (current) student ambassador? I got an email this week from my contact...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts