GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Mar 2019, 11:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

The London Business School 2009 thread

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross/LBS/Rotman
Re: The London Business School 2009 thread  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2009, 18:14
I submitted for R2, recently found this forum.

Any news on when the invites for interviews start (if they have not already started)?

thanks
CEO
CEO

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2009, 16:38
Took advantage of today good GBP/AUD rate to sneak in a conversion for the GBP 6000 commitment fee due by Friday (gulp). LBS here I come ......
CEO
CEO

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2009, 21:07
For those interested in consulting, Mckinsey has a site with recruitment calendar etc. for LBS :

http://www.mckinsey.com/careers/lbs/home.aspx
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: LBS '11

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2009, 22:42
That would be me. :-D Thanks for the link!
CEO
CEO

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2009, 16:03
Hey all ,

Slightly off topic but I figured we all need a distraction :

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-fea ... -7hpt.html
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2009, 17:00
Nice find! I've bookmarked it for future reference... ;)

This article also explains the sometimes odd looks I got at my hotel in Knightsbridge after my last campus trip. I guess ripped jeans and a hoodie are not the usual wardrobe for the "old money" set... :lol:
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2009, 11:50
to r1 admits who are matriculating:

i've sent in my original transcript, commitment fee, and the other pdf document. any idea whether lbs has some verification process? other schools are already doing the kroll verification...
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton (R2, Int Invit),Chicago (R2, Int Invit),Columbia (R2, Int Invit),NYU (R2),MIT (Ding),LBS (Ding)

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2009, 16:29
guys pls add me to R2 applicant list .... :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2009, 20:46
Some good news from the latest FT MBA rankings. Take that, HBS! :-D

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... a-rankings
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2009, 20:47
getmeouttahere wrote:
to r1 admits who are matriculating:

i've sent in my original transcript, commitment fee, and the other pdf document. any idea whether lbs has some verification process? other schools are already doing the kroll verification...

I haven't heard anything either. Isn't the verification process mainly done by the US schools?
CEO
CEO

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2009, 22:14
Aaaah yes :) if only FT gets rid of CEIBS from #8 their rankings would be so much more believable :)

prashok wrote:
Some good news from the latest FT MBA rankings. Take that, HBS! :-D

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... a-rankings
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2009, 10:52
I submitted my application for R2. The application status still says submitted.
Anyone else seeing the same status ?
How long does it normally take for the application to go complete ?

bsd_lover any idea ?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2009, 11:10
my status is also "submitted"
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2009, 11:11
Hi all,

I consider applying to LBS Master in Management Programme. Don't know where to ask for help. Guess you will be able to help me, guys.
My profile: GMAT - 600 (Q38, V34), GPA 4.17 out of 4.33 from Kazakhstani university (major: finance), w/e FT - around a year at mom, decent e/c.
How would you evaluate my chances for LBS MiM? Do you know some guys applying to that programme? What do you think about possible GMAT requirements? (It says more than 600 on their site)
Essays are very much alike with the ones for MBA (just the sime to be honest). Can someone help me with my application package? Wanna send all the docs this weekend. If anyone can read and comment about my essays, I will really appreciate that + u'll be automatically invited to my party if accepted :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2009, 16:00
bscracker wrote:

bsd_lover any idea ?

Mine still says "Submitted" on interact.london.edu, so probably should be OK. Did you get the Application Confirmation email?

That's the only indication I received, though I know the Admissions Office is also quite prompt in contacting students if anything is missing. You should have also received emails after each recommendation was submitted.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2009, 18:34
Anyone in SF this weekend? I will be attending a LBS information session in dowtown. Looking forward to meeting some of the local alumni over a few drinks.

-sumidi
CEO
CEO

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2009, 21:03
Hey bscracker, as prashok already explained, the status seems to remain the same. They just contact you via emails post submission and alert you of your decision directly within the e-mail.

bscracker wrote:

bsd_lover any idea ?

Hi Caleoptera - the MiM is a brand new program and not many people, including even the current students will be able to tell you much about it. However, I'd be a bit hesitant applying to this program with a 600 GMAT. I don't mean to discourage you at all, but, the MiM page specifically says that they expect the GMAT average to be around 700 ("We will only consider applications with GMAT scores over 600, and the expected average score for this class will be around 700." on http://www.london.edu/mastersinmanageme ... apply.html )

I anticipate LBS to be conservative with their admission choices in the very first year of the program and target the safer options (as in higher GMAT, strong undergrad academics etc., preference for better known undergrad schools). Having said that, By all means apply - LBS should consider all factors (including your distinct background), but be wary of what the ad-coms might consider red-flags.

Good luck.

caleoptera wrote:
Hi all,

I consider applying to LBS Master in Management Programme. Don't know where to ask for help. Guess you will be able to help me, guys.
My profile: GMAT - 600 (Q38, V34), GPA 4.17 out of 4.33 from Kazakhstani university (major: finance), w/e FT - around a year at mom, decent e/c.
How would you evaluate my chances for LBS MiM? Do you know some guys applying to that programme? What do you think about possible GMAT requirements? (It says more than 600 on their site)
Essays are very much alike with the ones for MBA (just the sime to be honest). Can someone help me with my application package? Wanna send all the docs this weekend. If anyone can read and comment about my essays, I will really appreciate that + u'll be automatically invited to my party if accepted :)
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2009, 01:47
Hi Caleoptera,
Just two days back i also saw the course details and I am considering applying for it. I have submitted my app for full time mba in R2, but i have a lower score, so i am considering other courses. I think the course is very good and has a lot of value as i hear from one of the alumni, the only thing thats stopping me from applying is how do i manage my references again! I am struggling to ask for the first three apps that i have already applied and asking for more is not an option.
I guess, this reference submission should be stopped beforehand, if they like the candidate they could always make a personal phone call and have a chat about the candidate with referees, but tormenting them to submit such detailed references at such initial point does not sound fine to me. I am really fed up with this process :-(

Anyways, if you can manage the ref, then there's no harm in applying for it, as you must already have the essays written and will have to tweak them a little to fit the course details and how they suit you. The R2 round for MM is coming up at 5th feb i guess, so make it fast.

Cheers.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2009, 23:00
The target audience for the course is people with no work exoperience. I f you have plan for MBA then why do you want to go for class full of freshers..

Who is this programme for?
Our 11-month full-time programme is designed for people without work experience who want to lay the foundations for a successful career in business and beyond.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2009, 01:59
I got a similar reply yesterday when i mailed and enquired the admissions team for Masters in Management. I think waiting for the results of R2 and targeting next time for MBA is the best choice then.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: The London Business School 2009 thread   [#permalink] 30 Jan 2009, 01:59

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  29    Next  [ 562 posts ] 

The London Business School 2009 thread

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap