GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Mar 2019, 00:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

The London Business School 2009 thread

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: The London Business School 2009 thread  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2009, 22:15
CEO
CEO

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2009, 00:53
91% its not too bad at all :) The acid test will be this year with an even larger class size.

I wonder if its a wise idea to flaunt Lehman as a major recruiter (12 interns and 9 full time hires). This year those folks will have to find other recruiters.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: LBS '11

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2009, 16:23
milkrate wrote:

Thanks milkrate! I agree that the stats aren't too bad, though this year will be an interesting one. I know my student ambassador has an offer in banking, so there's some hope out there...
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2009, 04:23
bsd_lover wrote:
91% its not too bad at all :) The acid test will be this year with an even larger class size.

I wonder if its a wise idea to flaunt Lehman as a major recruiter (12 interns and 9 full time hires). This year those folks will have to find other recruiters.

Hopefully, in 2011 your class' stats will be better than 91% and back to the results we've seen in past years! Should the economy be back to normal by then. I think the employment report of the class of 2009 will be quite interesting to see. I wish these guys all the best.

Actually, if the Lehman folks were lucky, they're now working at Nomura (the Japanese bank which bought Lehman's UK business).

MBAvolunteers - Application feedback & interview preps in exchange for a donation to a non-profit

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2009, 04:31
Some pix attached of LBS in the crazy snow storm we had in London. The snow really shut down the entire city. Kind of funny how unprepared they were (in most other North American or European cities this would have been nothing special). Still, LBS looks nice with a snow cover!
Attachments

LBS winter snow.jpg
LBS winter snow.jpg [ 67.05 KiB | Viewed 2059 times ]

LBS winter snow2.jpg
LBS winter snow2.jpg [ 96.11 KiB | Viewed 2058 times ]

MBAvolunteers - Application feedback & interview preps in exchange for a donation to a non-profit

CEO
CEO

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2009, 06:27
+1. Thanks tmino. Now we know exactly what awaits us. This is pretty surreal - is this the first time its snowed this much in London ?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2009, 14:04
It snowed once before (end of October, which was very weird for the time of the year), but supposedly it was the heaviest snowfall in 18 years or so!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2009, 20:26
Thanks for the pics, tmino! Were classes and/or subway/bus services also cancelled as a result?

The northeastern and northern USA (as well as Canada, of course) are well-prepared for snowfall, though I imagine London is probably similar to the mid-southern and northwestern parts of the USA (where snow only falls occasionally). I remember the one time I was in northern Texas for a consulting project, and there were a few inches of snow. Sand was put onto the motorways for traction (as there was no road salt available), but the rest of the city was shut down as well. Meanwhile, my consulting colleagues from Boston and Toronto were laughing, as that week's amount of snow is what they were used to receiving in a few hours. :lol:
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2009, 15:13
On Monday, the worst day, LBS didn't really know how to handle the situation (like the entire city :-)), so classes were being held but many didn't show up. Tuesday morning all classes were officially canceled (yay, LBS finally made a decision). All public transportation was either shut down or working with severe delays the past two days. As a result many people didn't bother going to work. Today, things are back to normal.

Yeah that's what they did here too, put brown sand on the sidewalks to make them less slippery :-).

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2009, 08:20
Guys,
I just got the interview invitation from LBS :) It will take place in Moscow. So happy :-)
However, they ask me to resit the gmat. So, I will probably do that in April.
Any tips for the interview? It will be with the Admissions Committee Officer not Alumni.
All I know it is competency based and will last 1 hour.
Many thanks,
Diana
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2009, 08:22
Oh forgot to mention: I'm applying for LBS Masters in Management programme.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2009, 10:01
Congratulations and Good Luck caleoptera!!

They must think you are a rock star!! I think its a very positive sign that you are invited to an interview even with sub-par gmat. Its very rare that universities offer invites/placements and request a resitting of the GMAT especially considering that they have had thousands of applications this year.

Be proud! :)

Good luck with your interview.

-sumidi
CEO
CEO

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2009, 14:21
Woo hoo !!!!! many many congrats Caleopatra .. go kick butt in that interview. Its great to see that LBS is not being pedantic about GMAT.

caleoptera wrote:
Oh forgot to mention: I'm applying for LBS Masters in Management programme.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Wharton, LBS, UChicago, Kellogg MMM (Donald Jacobs Scholarship), Stanford, HBS

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2009, 15:33
bsd_lover,

any hint about when MBA invites will start coming?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2009, 16:15
For the MBA program at least, LBS seems to adhere to its published dates to send out all interview invites or admissions emails at once -- so I wouldn't expect anything earlier than the website's date of February 12th for R2. If there is a delay though, they will typically send out a notification email on the published date informing you of the expected timeframe.
CEO
CEO

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2009, 16:39
Hi Paradosso,

LBS is slightly different from American schools and tends to send out all invites on the same date. For R2 this date has been set to 12th of Feb (as mentioned by prashok). A small proportion of candidates get decisions 1 or 2 days after the pre-determined date, but usually LBS is pretty good with sticking to that one date.

So not long to go now :)

Paradosso wrote:
bsd_lover,

any hint about when MBA invites will start coming?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2009, 16:44
ps: If you get a call a couple days (or even weeks) from LBS before the final decision date (meaning you passed the interview round), then it's certainly good news! I know of a couple admits from last year who were notified well in advance by the admissions office - but those were the stellar candidates it seems (I surely wasn't one of them :-)).

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2009, 17:08
tmino wrote:
ps: If you get a call a couple days (or even weeks) from LBS before the final decision date (meaning you passed the interview round), then it's certainly good news! I know of a couple admits from last year who were notified well in advance by the admissions office - but those were the stellar candidates it seems (I surely wasn't one of them :-)).

Good point, tmino -- not sure if it this happened this year as well, but I do remember admits last year getting telephone calls for acceptances instead of just the expected email.

And congrats to caleoptera on your MiM interview! I think you could be the first one for GMATclub... 8-)
Intern
Intern
Schools: Columbia, Wharton, LBS

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2009, 18:14
aviroop wrote:
hmm, it is possible that i am a career changer (before going to school). i moved from audit to PE in renewable energy & infrastructure. Is that a possibility? mebbe LBS wants me to get a few more years of WE in my new career before I head to B school.

May I ask how you did the transition from audit to PE? I'm about to start working with a big 4 in Canada... and I'm not too clear on the exit opportunities (hence I'm starting to plan for b-school in 3 yrs or so...
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2009, 08:50
Oh, thanks a lot... I asked if I should send an additional rec letter and they said that they r "suitably impressed with what I have shown them so far".
I submitted my interview on 2 Feb and received an interview invitation on 5 Feb. It took them 3 days to decide! :) Is it a good sign? Given the fact next deadline is on 28 Feb, I guess...
Will keep u updated. How should I prepare for that interview? Found some data on accepted and clear admit. However, all of the MBA candidates had interviews with alumni not adcom officer. Any ideas are more than welcome :roll:
GMAT Club Bot
Re: The London Business School 2009 thread   [#permalink] 06 Feb 2009, 08:50

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  29    Next  [ 562 posts ] 

The London Business School 2009 thread

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap