Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:25 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
The toughest part of waiting is the unknown. I can't help but wonder if there is something screwed up in my applications that will trigger rejections across the board. Maybe I should retake the GMAT...just kidding.

Whichever schools sends me an admit first (if any are forthcoming) and relieves my anxiety will get a big gold star if I have more than one to choose from.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Rhyme, you are out. Pelihu is the new GMAT Club drama queen.

pelihu wrote:
The toughest part of waiting is the unknown. I can't help but wonder if there is something screwed up in my applications that will trigger rejections across the board. Maybe I should retake the GMAT...just kidding.

Whichever schools sends me an admit first (if any are forthcoming) and relieves my anxiety will get a big gold star if I have more than one to choose from.
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sweet. Do I get anything for that?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
lhotseface wrote:

pelihu wrote:

LOL. I'm not sure he wins yet.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
The winner gets a date with Mike Tyson.

rhyme wrote:
lhotseface wrote:

pelihu wrote:

LOL. I'm not sure he wins yet.
SVP
SVP
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
I thought he faded into Bolivian. Also, I don't have any children for him to eat. :lol:
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am so tired of this wait :( Me will go mountaineering this weekend. Will let you guys know if I come back alive.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
sm176811 wrote:
I am so tired of this wait :( Me will go mountaineering this weekend. Will let you guys know if I come back alive.

I really hope that you come back alive. You are supposed to help me with something this weekend, remember!!!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
mst wrote:
sm176811 wrote:

I really hope that you come back alive. You are supposed to help me with something this weekend, remember!!!

The rash in your special place?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
Re: This waiting is killing me. [#permalink]
lhotseface wrote:
Some bozos in my office keep asking me why would I want to go to a top b-school full time when their median salaries are significantly below what I currently make. Initially, I tried convincing them that it was something that I always wanted to do and a long term term investment in myself. After a while, I realized there is no point arguing with idiots. Now when they ask me why I want an MBA, I reply that my wife wants to have kids...I am buying myself two years :)

its funny you mention this, as i went through this same conversation yesterday with a bunch of idiots here.. they were like.. but the median salary is less... and you will live in an expensive city (i live in iowa now!)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
willget800 wrote:
lhotseface wrote:
Some bozos in my office keep asking me why would I want to go to a top b-school full time when their median salaries are significantly below what I currently make. Initially, I tried convincing them that it was something that I always wanted to do and a long term term investment in myself. After a while, I realized there is no point arguing with idiots. Now when they ask me why I want an MBA, I reply that my wife wants to have kids...I am buying myself two years :)

its funny you mention this, as i went through this same conversation yesterday with a bunch of idiots here.. they were like.. but the median salary is less... and you will live in an expensive city (i live in iowa now!)

Avg FT salary 3 years post graduation at GSB is $143,000 - base.

I don't make that now :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Neither do I...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
mst wrote:
sm176811 wrote:

You know rhyme, 15 years down the lane, when you are armed with your MBA degree from GSB (or Kellogg) and are next in line to be the CEO of your company, I am going to use this very post to bring a sexual harrassment lawsuit againt you! Ha!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
mst wrote:
rhyme wrote:
mst wrote:
sm176811 wrote:

You know rhyme, 15 years down the lane, when you are armed with your MBA degree from GSB (or Kellogg) and are next in line to be the CEO of your company, I am going to use this very post to bring a sexual harrassment lawsuit againt you! Ha!

Ultra elite MBA guy harssing another ultra elite MBA guy
would make amazing news to sell in all mags
Director
Director
Send PM
I am close...

rhyme wrote:
willget800 wrote:
lhotseface wrote:

Avg FT salary 3 years post graduation at GSB is $143,000 - base.

I don't make that now :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I too have been encountered many people telling me not to bother with an MBA or a top school. A lot of people who have found out I am applying have told be to try the local schools which are not nationally known. I think they just dont know any better to be honest, or they are intimidated by someone who is ambitious enough to try for the best.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
OasisNYK wrote:
think they just dont know any better to be honest, or they are intimidated by someone who is ambitious enough to try for the best.

This is the most plausible reason.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4