GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Jun 2018, 15:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Three Year Degree

new topic post reply Update application status  
Director
Director
G
Three Year Degree [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 21:34
Friends this is urgent. I wrote to the INTL office of UT to check whether there is any issue with 3 year degrees from India. They have come back saying 3 year degrees from India are not acceptable at UT Austin. Can anyone throw somelight? DU has only 3 year degrees and it is one of the best university in the country.Please help-I need to make the payment today but have submitted the app. :cry: :cry:

stoiczoan
bb
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 3.4
Re: Three Year Degree [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 21:41
Hi, I had this same issue when dealing with some other MBA programs that said they only accepted 4 year degrees. I have a 3 year degree from a Canadian university however since we have a cegep "pre university" program in my province I actually have the same number of years of education as a student with a 4 year undergrad. Just to help guide you through this did you have a similar program in India ? And how many years of education do you have? Sometimes programs will also consider 3 year undergrads if you have the minimum number of years of education. In my case this was 16 years. I was also very shocked when MBA programs told me I was ineligible due to my 3 year degree, but there are always ways around this .

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 21:48
Emilio95 wrote:
Hi, I had this same issue when dealing with some other MBA programs that said they only accepted 4 year degrees. I have a 3 year degree from a Canadian university however since we have a cegep "pre university" program in my province I actually have the same number of years of education as a student with a 4 year undergrad. Just to help guide you through this did you have a similar program in India ? And how many years of education do you have? Sometimes programs will also consider 3 year undergrads if you have the minimum number of years of education. In my case this was 16 years. I was also very shocked when MBA programs told me I was ineligible due to my 3 year degree, but there are always ways around this .

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Thank you so much for the response. I am not sure we have the same system from India but Delhi University(the place I graduated from) is one of the best in the country and has recognized worldwide. Not sure why McCombs has a problem. This is the response I got

The three year degree from India is not an equivalent bachelor’s degree and would not be eligible for graduate study at the University of Texas at Austin. In order to be considered for graduate admission at UT Austin, applicants from India need one of the following:

MA/MSc/MCom awarded prior to entry.
LLB awarded prior to entry.
BEd awarded prior to entry.
PG Diploma from an AICTE recognized institute (or UGC recognized university) awarded prior to entry.
US bachelor’s degree awarded prior to entry.

For more information on qualifying degrees, please visit: https://utexas.app.box.com/s/3hqeof9v7r ... 5fxm6ptolu.

Unless you have further questions, it is not necessary to respond to this email.

Thank you for your interest in The University of Texas at Austin,

Graduate and International Admissions Center

To answer your qs, no of years was 3(undergrad) and 15(total). Could you throw some light which other programs have this issue?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 22:16
I am afraid it may not work :(
See this link for the schools that do accept 3-year degrees: https://gmatclub.com/forum/a-list-of-gl ... 17021.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 22:26
bb wrote:
I am afraid it may not work :(
See this link for the schools that do accept 3-year degrees: https://gmatclub.com/forum/a-list-of-gl ... 17021.html

@bb-the interesting thing is that one girl I know(only know her but she does not know me) from the same city where I live has a 3 year degree from a different university in India and she is graduating this fall from McCombs so not sure what to make of it. Could you please check if possible? :cry:
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 22:35
I don't have great news for ya :( Looks like someone got dinged in R1
https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p1943109

One more reference: https://gmatclub.com/forum/three-year-u ... 34-20.html

McCombs is a state school, which means they must follow GOV/State policies and rules and this may be just one of those things they can't/have not gotten through.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

BSchool Forum Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 23:21
Sorry to break this to you but 3 year degrees from India are not allowed in multiple US b-schools. A friend of mine applied in R1 to only those schools that allowed the 3 year degree such as Marshal, Duke, Ross.

You will have to research about this before applying to any US b-school

My journey From 410 to 700 :-)
Here's my experience when I faced a glitch in my GMAT Exam
Don't do this mistake when you give your GMATPrep Mock!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2018, 01:14
KS15 wrote:
@bb-the interesting thing is that one girl I know(only know her but she does not know me) from the same city where I live has a 3 year degree from a different university in India and she is graduating this fall from McCombs so not sure what to make of it. Could you please check if possible? :cry:

KS15 hey, I am facing the same problem. I am a DU graduate with 3-year bachelor's degree. I submitted the application, paid the application fee and last night I received an email from UT Austin that I am not eligible.

What did you do buddy? who's the girl you know - did you talk to her? Please help.
Three Year Degree   [#permalink] 13 Jan 2018, 01:14

Three Year Degree

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap