It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 20:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tickets for all but 100 seats in a 10,000-seat stadium were sold. Of t

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Posts: 64

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 9

GMAT ToolKit User
Tickets for all but 100 seats in a 10,000-seat stadium were sold. Of t [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2016, 03:11
2
This post was
BOOKMARKED
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

  15% (low)

Question Stats:

84% (01:16) correct 16% (01:13) wrong based on 87 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Tickets for all but 100 seats in a 10,000-seat stadium were sold. Of the tickets sold, 20% were sold at half price and the remaining tickets were sold at the full price of $2. What was the total revenue from ticket sales?

A. $15,840
B. $17,820
C. $18,000
D. $19,800
E. $21,780

The question was locked, so this is a re-post.

What is the quickest way to solve this? I guess rounding is one method. Are there any other methods?
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 9

1 KUDOS received
Math Forum Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 13 Apr 2015
Posts: 1504

Kudos [?]: 1116 [1], given: 885

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Tickets for all but 100 seats in a 10,000-seat stadium were sold. Of t [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2016, 07:31
1
This post received
KUDOS
2
This post was
BOOKMARKED
10000 seats --> Full Price : Half Price = 8000 : 2000
Price when all seats are filled = 16000 + 2000 = 18000

100 seats are unsold --> Loss due to unfilled seats = 20 + 2*80 = 180

Revenue = 18000 - 180 = 17820

Answer: B

Kudos [?]: 1116 [1], given: 885

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Posts: 360

Kudos [?]: 89 [1], given: 4

Schools: Schulich '16
Re: Tickets for all but 100 seats in a 10,000-seat stadium were sold. Of t [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2016, 08:57
1
This post received
KUDOS
100 are not sold from 10,000

So seats sold=9900

20% is 1980 and remaining 80% is 7920.

each ticket cost 2$ and 1980 cost 1$

So 2*7920 +1980=17820 is ur answer.

Kudos [?]: 89 [1], given: 4

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 09 Sep 2013
Posts: 16589

Kudos [?]: 273 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: Tickets for all but 100 seats in a 10,000-seat stadium were sold. Of t [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2017, 03:43
Hello from the GMAT Club BumpBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
_________________

GMAT Books | GMAT Club Tests | Best Prices on GMAT Courses | GMAT Mobile App | Math Resources | Verbal Resources

Kudos [?]: 273 [0], given: 0

Re: Tickets for all but 100 seats in a 10,000-seat stadium were sold. Of t   [#permalink] 23 Sep 2017, 03:43
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Tickets for all but 100 seats in a 10,000-seat stadium were sold. Of t

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.