Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:38 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 165 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 3964 [0]
Given Kudos: 160
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22049 [2]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: Took GMAT Online, felt it was way harder than the practice test (2) [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Hi diarchtct,

I see you think this test was harder than your practice exams but I assume that you have yet to receive your official score report?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Took GMAT Online, felt it was way harder than the practice test (2) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi diarchtct,

Since the 'format' of the At-home GMAT Test is "fixed" (Quant, then Verbal - with no break in-between, then an optional 5-minute break, then IR), many GMATers find it challenging to have to take Quant and Verbal in one sitting (especially if they have been taking your CATs with an 8-minute break between sections) - so you're not alone. The lack of a break between Quant and Verbal is to remove the possibility of anyone cheating during the Exam (such as leaving the room and reviewing Verbal rules during the break or activating technology to allow another person to help you through the Verbal section). This creates a more challenging situation, but it's understandable given that Schools depend on the GMAC's ability to keep cheating on the GMAT from happening.

Once you've received your Official Score, if you post back here then we can discuss the results (and you can also feel free to PM me directly).

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Do you have any plans to retake the GMAT exam? If so, online or in person?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
diarchtct wrote:
Especially the Verbal section was on a completely other level. In the Prep test, the reading comprehension was straight forward, I had barely any problems to answer them, had 71st Percentile in the end and scored 16 out of 18 consecutive questions in the middle part correct. Now in the real test, almost every non-SC-question after ~Q10 gave me a hard time, resulting in bad time management, meaning I had to skip/guess many answers in the end. Is it because I might have answered more early questions right? If so, how bad will the punishment be for most likely not getting many of the last questions right? I really feel I missed out on a higher score, many of the problems seemed solvable with the average 1.5-2 mins...

Anyway, the overall GMAT Online experience was smooth, I just don't understand why there is no break between Q and V like in the test centers. Who needs a break between V and IR? IR doesn't even matter for most schools, the test was done for me before IR even started. Instead, the missing break between Q and V really hit my concentration in the end, after two hours of non-stop problems. I barely had any problems with the 700-level CR questions posted in the forum, but as many CR came to the end of this exam, my brain just saw a bunch of words clipped together, frustrating.

Is it possible that you can share your offical score?
I just took online GMAT today and I feel same as you did. I think that verbal part of online-gmat was much harder than those of practise exams.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts