Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:09 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 310 [175]
Given Kudos: 379
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 250 Q7 V15
GMAT 2: 780 Q50 V47 (Online)
GRE 1: Q169 V169
GPA: 3.04
WE:Other (Computer Software)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [6]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1922 [2]
Given Kudos: 628
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2164 [4]
Given Kudos: 368
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 560 Q41 V26
GMAT 2: 550 Q43 V23
GMAT 3: 650 Q47 V33
GMAT 4: 650 Q44 V36
GMAT 5: 600 Q38 V35
GMAT 6: 710 Q47 V41
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: 530-Point GMAT Improvement (250 to 780) With the Help of TTP [#permalink]
Kudos
Congratulations on such a phenomenal improvement. I just saw Marty's post of your story on Linkedin and had to come on here to congratulation you. That's such a crazy score!
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5137 [8]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Dalal,

Your story is so inspiring, not only for people in the GMAT community, but for anyone who wants to achieve anything in life. In fact I just shared it with my family, and I think it will be life changing for all from the youngest to the oldest, not to mention for myself.

I always tell people that they can keep increasing their GMAT scores as long as they keep going and finding new levers to pull, and now, with what has to be the all time greatest GMAT score increase, you have provided proof of that view for anyone who could use some confirmation that it's valid.

As a member of the Target Test Prep team, I am humbled, honored, and grateful to have been able to help you achieve your dream.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 437 [4]
Given Kudos: 117
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Send PM
Kudos
I tried to break the kudos button but the developers at the GmatClub wouldn't let me do it. Such a motivating post! Do you also recommend TTP for verbal? It's in the grapevine that GMAT online throws very difficult quants questions at you. Is that true?
Own Kudos [?]: 6277 [5]
Given Kudos: 1646
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi daldilaimi,

Thank you for sharing such a detailed account of your GMAT journey. Your story will be an inspiration for GMAT test-takers, for years to come.

I'm thrilled to see that TTP played such a critical role in your GMAT success, and the team is so proud of what you accomplished.

Congrats!!!
Own Kudos [?]: 22062 [3]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
THE BEST GMAT STORY OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing!!! Target Test Prep is honored to have been a part of your journey to a 780!!!! Your story is an inspiration to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 310 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Wow. This is a pretty amazing debrief and an amazing story!
Thank you for sharing and this makes you the person with the most improvement on GMAT Club. I can't recall a greater improvement. I am sorry to hear about your loss along the way. That's really hard. Your dad would have been very proud of you!

P.S. Reading your tips, I am really amazed at how you were using all these resources and putting your strategy together. I see I often recommend people to take a different approach (that worked for me - e.g. studying Q and V separately, timing yourself on every question, etc) - it truly proves that there are multiple ways to do things (and heck, you got a much better result than I did, so perhaps your way is even better, though not shorter, you have to give me that ;-))

Congratulations on your fantastic score!
Have you decided where you are applying yet and what you are going to do?

Thank you again for this great debrief.
BB.

Hi BB,

Thank you so much!! I admire the sense of community you've created through this forum. It was extremely beneficial to me throughout my journey.

I agree that different strategies work for different people, and I just wanted to share what I found to be effective.

It took a long time for me to get here, but it was well worth the wait.☺️

In terms of schools, I'm currently narrowing down my options. I will undoubtedly apply for R1 this year.
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
DisciplinedPrep wrote:
daldilaimi - Congratulations on scoring a massive 780 on the GMAT, and thank you for sharing your GMAT journey with the rest of the forum members. I echo every positive feedback you mentioned on the Target Test Prep course. You must be one of those test-takers making the highest score improvement on the GMAT. Great, great work!

Cc: ScottTargetTestPrep JeffTargetTestPrep MartyTargetTestPrep

Hi there!

Thank you so much! TTP was critical to my success. I love hearing about resources that have worked well for others.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 310 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
dcummins wrote:
Congratulations on such a phenomenal improvement. I just saw Marty's post of your story on Linkedin and had to come on here to congratulation you. That's such a crazy score!

Hello Dan,

What a pleasant surprise to receive your message! You've always been the source of inspiration for me when I've felt like giving up. Thank you for being such an inspiration to so many GMAT test takers. To be honest, I think of you as a GMAT test ambassador.

I'm truly honored.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 310 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
MartyTargetTestPrep wrote:
Dalal,

Your story is so inspiring, not only for people in the GMAT community, but for anyone who wants to achieve anything in life. In fact I just shared it with my family, and I think it will be life changing for all from the youngest to the oldest, not to mention for myself.

I always tell people that they can keep increasing their GMAT scores as long as they keep going and finding new levers to pull, and now, with what has to be the all time greatest GMAT score increase, you have provided proof of that view for anyone who could use some confirmation that it's valid.

As a member of the Target Test Prep team, I am humbled, honored, and grateful to have been able to help you achieve your dream.

Hi Marty,

All I have to say is wow! What you and your team have accomplished at TTP is nothing short of incredible. I am honored and humbled by what you have taken from my story.

In my opinion, all anyone ever needs to succeed on the GMAT (or any test) is determination, discipline, consistency, and the right resources and tools.

Thank you so much for creating TTP.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 310 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
Showmeyaa wrote:
I tried to break the kudos button but the developers at the GmatClub wouldn't let me do it. Such a motivating post! Do you also recommend TTP for verbal? It's in the grapevine that GMAT online throws very difficult quants questions at you. Is that true?

Hello Showmeyaa,

Too funny 😂 thank you!

To answer your questions:
Do you also recommend TTP for verbal?
Yes, I highly recommend it. I personally respond very well to learning and studying both quant and verbal at the same time. Their course structure makes it feel natural, which helped me retain more of what I learned. I especially liked the "Dedicated Verbal Review" sections that are available after you have studied a few modules.

It's in the grapevine that GMAT online throws very difficult quants questions at you. Is that true?
I understand where you're coming from with this question. I was initially intimidated by the quantitative questions. They may appear difficult to solve at first, but with enough practice and the right tools, you will eventually find them easier to solve. I put a lot of emphasis on the word practice. I learned that in order to do well on this exam, it must be your top priority.

Good luck, and please keep me updated on your progress.☺️🤞🏽
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
JeffTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi daldilaimi,

Thank you for sharing such a detailed account of your GMAT journey. Your story will be an inspiration for GMAT test-takers, for years to come.

I'm thrilled to see that TTP played such a critical role in your GMAT success, and the team is so proud of what you accomplished.

Congrats!!!

Hi Jeff,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I just wanted to show the world that if you put your mind to it, anything is possible. I will be eternally grateful to the TTP team.
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
THE BEST GMAT STORY OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing!!! Target Test Prep is honored to have been a part of your journey to a 780!!!! Your story is an inspiration to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Scott,

I'm still stunned by the happy "accident" that led me to TTP. I still remember the evening I received the notification from r/gmat when someone inquired about TTP. This set in motion my path to GMAT success. I can confidently say that I couldn't have done it without your brilliant software. I will always be grateful to you.
Own Kudos [?]: 5137 [6]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Kudos