Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:23 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
GMAT Club Reviews PM Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 754 [0]
Given Kudos: 522
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72869 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Tutor Recommendations [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Here is a new and potentially helpful resource for you: https://gmatclub.com/tutoring

Posted from my mobile device
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Tutor Recommendations [#permalink]
mtm2353 wrote:
I have tried two tutors and I do not think they are helping me hone in on my weaknesses. Can anyone refer me a tutor who helped them greatly?

Thanks

I can recommend GMATGuruNY. He is best and you can review his posts in Verbal and Qunat. They speak about him. I personally took some lessons with him.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22044 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi mtm2353,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. Although a tutor certainly can help you improve your GMAT skills, the bulk of your prep will still be done independently. Thus, since you still are not improving despite working with two tutors, it’s quite possible that the issues you are having are related to how you have been studying in between your tutoring sessions. Remember, even when working with a tutor, you want to ensure that you use thorough prep materials to improve your GMAT skills in between your sessions. With that in mind, I recommend that you spend some time reading success stories of past GMAT students as well as reviews of various GMAT prep courses to see what prep materials have worked for other test-takers. You also may find it helpful to read this article about
how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.

If you have any further questions regarding your study plan, feel free to reach out.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi mtm2353,

Back in late June, you stated that your plan was to take the GMAT on August 17th. Did you take the GMAT as scheduled (and if you did, then how did you score - including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?

In addition:

1) Your original timeframe was to apply to Business School in late October. Is that still the plan or have you pushed back your applications?
2) Since July, on what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
LisaHunteriQy18 wrote:
Even referring a tutor does not help all the time. You need to find a person with whom you will find a common language. Otherwise, even the best tutor won't be helpful enough. When I was studying at school, I faced some problems with understanding chemistry. At the same time, this subject was compulsory for me since I desperately wanted to become a vet. So, I had two options either to give up my dream or to learn chemistry. I have chosen the second one and tried different tutors. My friend sent me this https://www.privatetutoringathome.com/, and after 2-3 tutors, I finally found a person that could explain everything to me and prepare me for my finals.

Thank you for sharing! Do you know if I can find there any TOEFL/IELTS tutors? I want to start preparing in advance before my exam
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Tutor Recommendations [#permalink]
I actually had an initial consultation today where I was the the one - perhaps ironically - saying in a way we should take it slow and see how it goes (essentially not to book a lot of hours at once).
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1800 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
mtm2353 wrote:
I have tried two tutors and I do not think they are helping me hone in on my weaknesses. Can anyone refer me a tutor who helped them greatly?

Thanks

Hi mtm2353,

We do provide private tutoring options at affordable price. We employ hybrid learning and the tutor uses certain data points to analyze your performance based on which he prepares content for the next session. We employ a methodical way of teaching concepts so that you learn the methodology right from the learning stage itself. You will also be provided with an online course using which you can learn the additional concepts required and practice questions to solidify your learning.

If you wish to know how our private tutoring works, I can arrange a free demo session for you. You can schedule one using the below link.

Click here to schedule a call
GMAT Club Bot