Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.89
WE:Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.89
WE:Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Admitted about an hour ago off the R1 waitlist. Already committed to Fuqua, but I want to be in Cali long term. I havent heard great things about the Anderson Network. I went to SC undergrad so recently chose Fuqua over SC for a new experience/reputation.... Now Im confused even more. I plan to most likely stay in finance but Im interested in checking out Product/Brand Management.

Thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35
Send PM
inspired12 wrote:
Admitted about an hour ago off the R1 waitlist. Already committed to Fuqua, but I want to be in Cali long term. I havent heard great things about the Anderson Network. I went to SC undergrad so recently chose Fuqua over SC for a new experience/reputation.... Now Im confused even more. I plan to most likely stay in finance but Im interested in checking out Product/Brand Management.

Thoughts?

As far as I know, when it comes to Marketing (Product/ Brand Management), Fuqua is a better option and has stronger reputation.

However, in terms of finance, Anderson boasts higher ranking.

It depends on what you are more interested in, Finance or Product/ Brand Management.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Send PM
admitted, received an email at 8pm eastern time on friday, may 18
interviewed on may 9
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Admitted from the waitlist!! Got the email last night at 7pm central time.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM

Originally posted by RG0105 on 19 May 2012, 15:11.
Last edited by RG0105 on 26 Aug 2012, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hi All,
Did any of the wait-list International admits get merit or need based scholarship from UCLA?
Can anyone tell me the criteria for UCLA need based scholarship?

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Send PM
Any R3 international applicants here still waiting for an interview? I submitted mine early on the deadline day. Not sure if the school is still sending out invitations.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Send PM
jerrykid wrote:
kinkinar wrote:
yea last year they got their calls around May 13th, friday. ummmmmm..............

You mean for those in the wait list?

Basically, Round 3 is rolling, isn't it?

I am an international student, applied on the deadline of Round 3 and got an interview invite on May, 15th. After I complete my interview, I could receive the final decision any time until June, 6th?

Are they still sending out interview invitations. I'm an international applicant too and submitted my application on the deadline of R3. Yet to hear from the school. Also my status hasn't changed as opposed to some other schools using Apply Yourself where it wud change even when the application went under review.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
samrat1811 wrote:
jerrykid wrote:
kinkinar wrote:
yea last year they got their calls around May 13th, friday. ummmmmm..............

You mean for those in the wait list?

Basically, Round 3 is rolling, isn't it?

I am an international student, applied on the deadline of Round 3 and got an interview invite on May, 15th. After I complete my interview, I could receive the final decision any time until June, 6th?

Are they still sending out interview invitations. I'm an international applicant too and submitted my application on the deadline of R3. Yet to hear from the school. Also my status hasn't changed as opposed to some other schools using Apply Yourself where it wud change even when the application went under review.

Same here I applied for round 3 and haven't heard anything from them as yet. My status has not even changed!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
samrat1811 wrote:
Any R3 international applicants here still waiting for an interview? I submitted mine early on the deadline day. Not sure if the school is still sending out invitations.

I am an international applicant too. I submitted my application one day before the deadline and got my interview invite on May, 15th. As far as I know, the school will do so until the end of May. Keep waiting then!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
samrat1811 wrote:

My status hasn't changed either. I got an email notifying that I had been extended an interview, but no change of status in my application account.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
RG0105 wrote:
inspired12 wrote:

Thoughts?

If you want to be in Cali long-term, it's hard to beat UCLA. The network is pretty strong (it gets overshadowed my USC, but that's a completely different beast as I'm sure you know), and you'll find alums up and down the West coast. Fuqua and Anderson are essentially peer schools and both are really strong in the traditional MBA-type roles (finance/marketing), so I wouldn't worry too much about which path you may choose career-wise (unless you know you want to go into MC, in which case, choose Fuqua). Otherwise, it's more a matter of fit and geography IMO.

Thanks for the thoughts RG105. I feel like I could leverage the SC network since I went there undergrad, but I am concerned that UCLA doesn't have a very strong network as this is something that I have heard mentioned a few times. Another concern is that its a commuter school. That was something that was very obvious to me at Marshalls admit weekend, so I wonder if its the same at UCLA. If anyone attended Days at Anderson would you be able to comment? What were the game changers for you as to why you picked Anderson and was there anything you didnt like? I would really appreciate any insight as this is a tough decision for me.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
As one who was admitted to both schools and will be attending Anderson, I don't share your concerns about network issues with UCLA compared to SC. I know several Anderson alumni who have told me that it's network is equally powerful in SoCal compared to SC, and if you move up the coast, it probably has greater recognition in the Bay Area than USC.

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
International. Applied on last day of the R3 deadline. Not heard anything yet. Looks like I'm out of this aswell. My overexperience seems to be weighing more against everything else which is good in my profile. Time to drudge along in my existing job itself I realize.

Nationality- Indian
U.G. - Premier Indian Engineering Institute
GPA - Average
EC - Average

Too depressed to even think about an MBA after this experience.

Originally posted by ThoroughlyDinged on 22 May 2012, 23:44.
Last edited by ThoroughlyDinged on 01 Jun 2012, 03:29, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am a R2 waitlist. Anyone believes adcom might send out a fresh round of admits tomorrow? I already made the initial deposit for Cox but I was wondering
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
EverettOliver wrote:
I am a R2 waitlist. Anyone believes adcom might send out a fresh round of admits tomorrow? I already made the initial deposit for Cox but I was wondering

I doubt it, personally. Seems like they released a group of admits last week, and will now take their time to sort through the final R3 choices. Less than 2 weeks away though.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ggibson wrote:
EverettOliver wrote:

I doubt it, personally. Seems like they released a group of admits last week, and will now take their time to sort through the final R3 choices. Less than 2 weeks away though.

I agree. When I registered for a Skype interview, I saw a lot of interview slots filled up. I guess that the Admissions Committee is going to interview the very last batch of R3 applicants this week and next week before sending out final decisions to all.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts