Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:18 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

What'd be a better choice.

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72867 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 179 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
Re: UCLA Anderson vs M7 Target next year [#permalink]
What are your post-MBA goals? Did you receive any scholarship funding from Anderson?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My short term post MBA career goal is to be in the consulting domain. If possible, consultant for renewable energy. And no, I haven't received any scholarship funding from UCLA Anderson.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
Your profile is great. Great GMAT score. Great employment brands. Can you elaborate more on your UG GPA, ECs?? You seem like an ideal candidate for Sloan and Booth. But along with all these Objective Credentials, your story is equally important. So let us know about your story.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
College rank - 24 out of 48 students

I majored in Polymer science and chemical technology.

I chose Honeywell, core chemical engineering job, as my family had a similar business. After gaining that knowledge and experience, I moved to a start up for more autonomy and a better learning curve. Now, I want to be a part of the green energy revolution. This is the core of my story.

Apologies for the late reply.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6254 [1]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Top Contributor
Hi,

I guess it depends. Reapplying to Booth, MIT, and Wharton will be tough. You will have a narrow chance as a reapplicant to those schools. Since not a lot can happen in one year.

And remaining M7 schools are tough with their acceptance rate. Stanford, Harvard, Kellogg, and Columbia. But you have to try to know whether you make it.

It is good that you are aspiring to get into those schools. UCLA is also a great school. Think and decide.

All the best for your decision to join or to reapply in R1. If you want to apply this year to M7 schools, try to play safe. Maybe try to get deferred admission to UCLA to next year by stating some reasons. This is just to be on safer side. I have known some folks who got in top-20 programs and got deferrals so that they can apply to M7 schools and see their luck. But you might have to pay the deposit and extra $$ to confirm for deferral.

P.S- Did you apply to MIT, Booth, and Wharton in R1 or R2. R2 is pretty tough. If you want to apply next year to M7 schools R1 might be helpful.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think I am getting the sense that it is better to go ahead and rather not waste a year. M7 as I see are very competitive and Anderson offers almost equal opportunities.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I think I will go ahead and join Anderson for now. Let's see where life takes me next.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts