Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:03 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: UCLA FEMBA [#permalink]
moneyminter wrote:
JinJJa wrote:
leahpea10 wrote:
I've decided to accept my offer to UCLA -- but this means I need to retract my acceptance to USC.PM and Vanderbilt (Paid and accepted both offers =/).

Silly question -- but beyond an e-mail notifying the admissions office of my retraction, is there anything else I should do?

I suppose every school could have its own policy. But all I had to do was email the other school that I was not attending.

Did you say that you are accepting another offer hence you are rectracting and did they follow up with you or try to persuade you to change your decision?

- MM

Accepted and attending - UCLA
Accepted but retracting acceptance - Vanderbilt
Accepted but retracting acceptance - USC

Haven't actually e-mailed USC or Vandy yet as I just received my UCLA notification a few days ago; figured to be fair I should send those out sooner than later.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
..I'll let you know if they try to pursuade me to stay once I've retracted.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management, New Product Development, Entrepreneurship
Schools:UCLA FEMBA
GMAT 2: 650
GPA: 3.588
WE 1: LL
WE 2: USC
Send PM
I have got a decision. They have not accepted me but have given me option to fill up waitlist form. Is this normal way of waitlisting people?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abhinavsarna wrote:
I have got a decision. They have not accepted me but have given me option to fill up waitlist form. Is this normal way of waitlisting people?

Posted from my mobile device

Yeap...hang tight!

Fyi...last email from Dylan stated they were "95-97% complete with extending admission offers"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
moneyminter wrote:
JinJJa wrote:
leahpea10 wrote:
I've decided to accept my offer to UCLA -- but this means I need to retract my acceptance to USC.PM and Vanderbilt (Paid and accepted both offers =/).

Silly question -- but beyond an e-mail notifying the admissions office of my retraction, is there anything else I should do?

I suppose every school could have its own policy. But all I had to do was email the other school that I was not attending.

Did you say that you are accepting another offer hence you are rectracting and did they follow up with you or try to persuade you to change your decision?

- MM

I don't think any school, especially top 20 schools, would pursuade someone to change his/her mind. The top schools have too many well qualified candidates in the waiting list eager for an admission offer.

I just emailed that I decided to attend UCLA Anderson FEMBA because it was in LA and, after much deliberation, I concluded that a part-time program would better fit my career aspirations.

Originally posted by JinJJa on 08 Jun 2010, 23:02.
Last edited by JinJJa on 08 Jun 2010, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
leahpea10 wrote:

Accepted and attending - UCLA
Accepted but retracting acceptance - Vanderbilt
Accepted but retracting acceptance - USC

Haven't actually e-mailed USC or Vandy yet as I just received my UCLA notification a few days ago; figured to be fair I should send those out sooner than later.

I understand your hesitation. FYI, it would be a good idea to send your notices to V and USC AFTER you put in your deposit because that deposit would be consideration and part of the contract between you and UCLA. In essence, putting down the deposit forms a legal contract (not just an offer of admission) between you and UCLA Anderson.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepeneur, General Consulting
Schools:Cal, Stanford, HBS, Yale, UCLA, USC
 Q49  V45
GPA: 3.01
WE 1: United Technologies (Pratt&Whitney Rocketdyne)
Send PM
Ding. With a 760. Go me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[/quote]

I don't think any school, especially top 20 schools, would pursuade someone to change his/her mind. The top schools have too many well qualified candidates in the waiting list eager for an admission offer.

I just emailed that I decided to attend UCLA Anderson FEMBA because it was in LA and, after much deliberation, I concluded that a part-time program would better fit my career aspirations.[/quote]

I would have agreed with you yesterday...and maybe I still do as it relates to the top 20 schools...but this morning I received an e-mail from a #19 US News ranked and #28 Business Week ranked program offering a scholarship if I would change my mind.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted.

I have a question about the computer we should use for the classes. I have some friends who are going to other programs and those programs gave them a list of university approved laptops and even had a discount program if they purchased specific laptops.

My laptop is a bit out dated and I have been needing to purchase a new one but I have been waiting to see if there are any 'university approved' laptops or if the FEMBA program sells some at a discount. I haven't been able to find anywhere on the website where it states anything about laptop specifics. However, on the evite to the summer gatherings for the FEMBA class of 2013, there is a note that states there will be a class to show how to set up the laptops to work on the UCLA network. I want to get a laptop prior to that class so I can get it set up.

So my question is: Has anyone seen a list of 'university approved' laptops?

Thanks for the help!!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management, New Product Development, Entrepreneurship
Schools:UCLA FEMBA
GMAT 2: 650
GPA: 3.588
WE 1: LL
WE 2: USC
Send PM
Hi Leapea10, did you ever provide any more information on your profile after you got waitlisted and before you go accepted?
I would really appreciate some suggestions for waitlisters from the group.

Thanks in advance.

leahpea10 wrote:
To the waitlisted (in particular those with low GMAT scores):

My very reliable resource tells me that most people on the waitlist are those with awesome profiles but low GMAT scores...retaking the GMAT may be something to consider.

I also spoke with Maureen and she encouraged me to provide material updates to my profile where possible (i.e. promotions, new projects etc.).

I'm sure none of this information is new, but I hope this helps someone...

Congrats to the admits and good luck to the waitlistees!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sadbuttrue wrote:
Ding. With a 760. Go me.

Sorry to hear that. With a score like that, I'm sure UCLA was not your only option. What do you plan to do?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:UCLA FEMBA rnd 2, USC MBA.PM
 Q42  V41
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
Congratulations to everyone who got accepted. Just got dinged today... So I will be attending USC this fall.

A big thanks to everyone on the forum for preparing me for the application process. Good luck to everyone this fall!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepeneur, General Consulting
Schools:Cal, Stanford, HBS, Yale, UCLA, USC
 Q49  V45
GPA: 3.01
WE 1: United Technologies (Pratt&Whitney Rocketdyne)
Send PM
Dunno. Got into USC but I dont' think my heart is in it.. like many others their program has come off as half-assed to me the entire time. May reapply, may say screw it... guess I don't have a whole ton of time to figure it out though. I had been expecting to get in :/
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sadbuttrue wrote:
Dunno. Got into USC but I dont' think my heart is in it.. like many others their program has come off as half-assed to me the entire time. May reapply, may say screw it... guess I don't have a whole ton of time to figure it out though. I had been expecting to get in :/

Sorry to hear that. With your GMAT score, you must have struck out in the essays.

Your GMAT will allow you to be competitive in any program and I encourage you to apply again if you are so inclined but with help of admission consultants.

This could be a blessing in disguise as many FT MBA programs would grant substantial scholarships to those with 740+.

I know of a person who was accepted to top 5 and top 15 programs but chose the top 15 program because he was offered a full ride. I think his GMAT was around 760 also.

Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
BlakeStepp wrote:
Congratulations to everyone who got accepted. Just got dinged today... So I will be attending USC this fall.

A big thanks to everyone on the forum for preparing me for the application process. Good luck to everyone this fall!

Good luck to you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
leahpea10 wrote:

I would have agreed with you yesterday...and maybe I still do as it relates to the top 20 schools...but this morning I received an e-mail from a #19 US News ranked and #28 Business Week ranked program offering a scholarship if I would change my mind.

Cool, I imagine those two programs are FT programs?

IMHO, if they are offering at least 50% scholarship then it would be hard to turn them down.

It is a good option to have. =)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JinJJa wrote:
sadbuttrue wrote:

Sorry to hear that. With your GMAT score, you must have struck out in the essays.

Your GMAT will allow you to be competitive in any program and I encourage you to apply again if you are so inclined but with help of admission consultants.

This could be a blessing in disguise as many FT MBA programs would grant substantial scholarships to those with 740+.

I know of a person who was accepted to top 5 and top 15 programs but chose the top 15 program because he was offered a full ride. I think his GMAT was around 760 also.

Good luck.

Completely Agree....I feel like essays are far more easy to remedy than a low GMAT score (studied my arse off and took the test twice only to get an average score)

Best of luck on whatever you decide...but from the sounds of it...I'd rather postpone my application for a school I really want to go to, rather than spend 100K for a school I have no heart to attend.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16