GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 17 Feb 2020, 17:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

UF Hough vs. PSU Smeal vs. Kenan-Flagler/Kelley

  new topic post reply Update application status  

UF Hough vs. Kelley/Kenan-Flagler

  • 28% [2]
  • 71% [5]
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Aug 2015
Posts: 17
UF Hough vs. PSU Smeal vs. Kenan-Flagler/Kelley  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 24 Dec 2015, 00:40
Is the difference in brand/reach worth the extra $$$ for Indiana's Kelley or UNC's Kenan-Flager, relative to a PSU or UF? For what it's worth, I'm in the education/non-profit sector and currently in Texas.

Originally posted by harvardbruin on 23 Dec 2015, 22:57.
Last edited by harvardbruin on 24 Dec 2015, 00:40, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 19016
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: UF Hough vs. PSU Smeal vs. Kenan-Flagler/Kelley  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 23:42
harvardbruin wrote:
Is the difference in brand/reach worth the extra $$$ for Indiana's Kelley or UNC's Kenan-Flager? For what it's worth, I'm in the education/non-profit sector and currently in Texas.


What is the price difference?
What are you planning to do after getting your MBA?
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Aug 2015
Posts: 17
Re: UF Hough vs. PSU Smeal vs. Kenan-Flagler/Kelley  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 23:52
bb wrote:
harvardbruin wrote:
Is the difference in brand/reach worth the extra $$$ for Indiana's Kelley or UNC's Kenan-Flager? For what it's worth, I'm in the education/non-profit sector and currently in Texas.


What is the price difference?
What are you planning to do after getting your MBA?


For me, it'll be $41k for UF, $60k for Penn State, $66k for Indiana, and about $100k for UNC.

Regarding my future, I will either (A) stay in a small non-profit like I'm currently in, helping underprivileged kids get to college in some capacity or (B) move to higher ed or educational policy. I love what I'm doing now, but I may aim to solve the same issues in a different realm (such as the others I just mentioned).

Either way, non-profit/governmental leadership is the simplest answer for you.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
V
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 2347
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus '21 (M$)
Reviews Badge
UF Hough vs. PSU Smeal vs. Kenan-Flagler/Kelley  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2015, 04:21
harvardbruin wrote:
bb wrote:
harvardbruin wrote:
Is the difference in brand/reach worth the extra $$$ for Indiana's Kelley or UNC's Kenan-Flager? For what it's worth, I'm in the education/non-profit sector and currently in Texas.


What is the price difference?
What are you planning to do after getting your MBA?


For me, it'll be $41k for UF, $60k for Penn State, $66k for Indiana, and about $100k for UNC.

Regarding my future, I will either (A) stay in a small non-profit like I'm currently in, helping underprivileged kids get to college in some capacity or (B) move to higher ed or educational policy. I love what I'm doing now, but I may aim to solve the same issues in a different realm (such as the others I just mentioned).

Either way, non-profit/governmental leadership is the simplest answer for you.


Congrats :-D

Although UF is good school, it is not on par with with Kelley and UNC education. The level of concentration and electives are far more divers in way that can help you in both schools. I will focus on Kelley how It can sere your goals:

1- Kelley has a big program called GLOBASE, in whihc you can partipcate in global real cases in different continues. It will help you widen you experience and exposure. You can do non-for-profit clients. Go to the link below.
http://kelley.iu.edu/MBA/Academics/Glob ... 38446.html

2- You can enhance your leadership skill through second year Leadership academy. Look to the link below:
http://kelley.iu.edu/MBA/Academics/Acad ... 40485.html

3- You may take further step in long term, if you think to explore Entrepreneurship. The Social Entrepreneurship will help you also.
http://kelley.iu.edu/MBA/Academics/Cert ... 38445.html

4- As you want to solve problems. Think about politics. So you need to increase networking . Washington campus will be perfect to you:
http://kelley.iu.edu/MBA/Academics/Glob ... 38446.html

5- As you will be in Bloomington, I believe that you find opportunities to patriarchate in real problems with any non-for-profit orgnization


Although I love UNC, I think Kelley serves your goals better.


Wish you success
GMAT Club Bot
UF Hough vs. PSU Smeal vs. Kenan-Flagler/Kelley   [#permalink] 24 Dec 2015, 04:21
Display posts from previous: Sort by

UF Hough vs. PSU Smeal vs. Kenan-Flagler/Kelley

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne