GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2019, 01:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Unable to improve in CR

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Unable to improve in CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 23:20
Hey guys. So I've been doing the E-Gmat verbal section for some time now. I've managed to show significant improvement in SC and RC. However I've been performing very poorly in CR.

So far I've completed Assumption and Inference and I'm not improving a bit. My post-assessment quiz scores are as low as 20%. In assumption, I apply the same understand-prethink-eliminate process specified by the course but my assumptions are for the most part completely different to the assumptions in the concept file. I am not able to think the same way as the concept files do. I feel like I've wasted hours of prep time for nothing. This has dealt a big blow to my confidence which was good after my good performance in SC and RC. I do not even feel like proceeding with the rest of the CR prep.

How would you suggest I proceed now? Do you guys have any tips to improve in CR?
Manager
Manager
S
Re: Unable to improve in CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 23:36
HemeshwarVM wrote:
Hey guys. So I've been doing the E-Gmat verbal section for some time now. I've managed to show significant improvement in SC and RC. However I've been performing very poorly in CR.

So far I've completed Assumption and Inference and I'm not improving a bit. My post-assessment quiz scores are as low as 20%. In assumption, I apply the same understand-prethink-eliminate process specified by the course but my assumptions are for the most part completely different to the assumptions in the concept file. I am not able to think the same way as the concept files do. I feel like I've wasted hours of prep time for nothing. This has dealt a big blow to my confidence which was good after my good performance in SC and RC. I do not even feel like proceeding with the rest of the CR prep.

How would you suggest I proceed now? Do you guys have any tips to improve in CR?

See if you are not able to prethink with in seconds of reading the question,move to options.there is no point pondering over prethinking and wasting time.
Second is go slow.try to write every qsn in your own terms till u get confidence.Try to find missing links.
Egmat course is very good .their inference part is bit tough.So you grasp concept from their files and try to apply the same on OG qsns.Once you are comfortable then move to egmat post quiz.
BSchool Forum Moderator
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2018, 05:51
HemeshwarVM wrote:

Hi HemeshwarVM,

E-gmat CR is indeed a great resource and the three step process does help a lot of people improve their CR ability. However, if you feel you are not comfortable applying the process or that you are not improving a lot even after applying it, you can switch to powerscore CR bible. It is a great resource and will indeed help you with your preparation. It is a very well drafted book and covers the entire syllabus really well.

This link will help you with your decision. https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-ve ... ml?fl=menu

Hope this helps. All the best!
P

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 00:57
Hi HemeshwarVM,

We understand adopting a new technique may be difficult in the beginning. You should try to analyse the e-GMAT solutions thoroughly and identify how your approach is different from the one shown in the solution. Find out what you are missing which is causing you to falter.

If you are not able to pre-think properly, then you possibly
    - Did not understand the conclusion
    - Did not create the argument structure properly
    - Did not visualize the argument structure in your mind
Take a look at the pointers above and see where is the gap. We want to help you succeed so if you still feel stuck with any question you can reach out to our experts. Post your analysis and approach on the internal forum so that they can guide you regarding the problem.

You will surely benefit from the CR course as you did for SC and RC. Make sure that you review strategically. Look at how Gautam reviewed his mistakes and was able to improve from V28 to V40. Keep us updated about your progress. Write to us at support@e-gmat.com.

Regards,
Aditee
B
Concentration: General Management, Leadership

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 01:09
Try powerscore cr bible. It'll help you to build concepts and will test you on difficult questions.
Manager
Manager
G
Unable to improve in CR  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 03:53
HemeshwarVM wrote:

Hi Gmater,

I think what you are saying is absolutely relevant,Because what you are undergoing is bound to happen sometime as it happened with me. I started E-gmat CR course with a diagnostic score of 59% in CR. But after starting my course and their approach, I felt my accuracy dropped further, this is the transition phase, which happens when you are trying to change the approach which is so much imbibed in you for so long. But after consistent approach and same methods as suggested by E-gmat I improved my accuracy. It does take time sometimes weeks if not days.
But Trust the course and RAJAT, PAYAL, KRISHNA and ADITI. I have bombarded the Egmat support team with so many sad and depressing emails of mine regarding my low accuracy. However, they replied to each and every mail suggesting me the possible solutions or methods.

I have even seen self reaching an accuracy of 80%-100% in medium level CR in scholarinium consistently but also I have faced 40% in CR medium level in scholarinium. The reason i found for self was Irritation and the desire to just move on and move on without even anlaysing the answers .

SO trust egmat and their approach, I am sure it takes time but be patient. Take ample time analyse each and every answer even if it take 20 minutes to understand 1 question.

CR takes time, because our brain does not want to change the methods so easily we are comfortable at.

Be very critical of my Post
Ask as many questions of my post possible
GMAT Club Bot
Unable to improve in CR   [#permalink] 11 Dec 2018, 03:53

Unable to improve in CR

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: egmat