GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 19 Feb 2020, 03:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

UNC ($$) vs NYU Stern (No $)

new topic post reply Update application status  

NYU (No $) or UNC (Half $$)

• 52% [10]
  • 47% [9]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.3
WE: Underwriter (Insurance)
UNC ($$) vs NYU Stern (No $)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2015, 09:09
I have been accepted to NYU, paid my deposit and was dead set on going there until UNC came in today with a half tuition scholarship. Approximate to about $60,000 2 year total. With cost of living, tuition difference it'll probably be a total of $100,000 difference.

I went to University of Georgia for my undergrad and am currently and Large Commercial Insurance Underwriter In Southern California for a Fortune 100 company. My plan after graduation is to work for a top Investment Banking company and if not, a top Consulting Firm.

The stats show that the starting salaries for both industries are comparable but UNC recruiting wise looks like it leans more towards consumer products and corporate finance. I am really open to working anywhere after graduation and it looks like 78% of students at NYU end up in the northeast (Which might limit its value elsewhere) and 40% of UNC students in the South.

I have sent NYU an email asking if they would reconsider a merit based scholarship but when I received one from Cornell a month ago and asked them the same thing, they wouldn’t budge.

Does anybody have any suggestions on whether I should take the scholarship or stay with NYU for my career goals?

Thanks all
Manager
Manager
Re: UNC ($$) vs NYU Stern (No $)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2015, 08:08
For IB, NYU is the obvious choice. NYU has advantage in terms of location as well. Good luck with your choice.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE: Law (Law)
Re: UNC ($$) vs NYU Stern (No $)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2015, 18:57
NYU if you want to get into Wall Street IB
GMAT Club Bot
Re: UNC ($$) vs NYU Stern (No $)   [#permalink] 28 Apr 2015, 18:57

UNC ($$) vs NYU Stern (No $)