Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 16 Jul 2019, 20:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Universities for 610 GMAT

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Universities for 610 GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 13 Mar 2019, 07:35
Thank-you so much for your help!

Originally posted by yashasvikoul on 04 Jan 2019, 03:44.
Last edited by yashasvikoul on 13 Mar 2019, 07:35, edited 1 time in total.
Read Only User
Read Only User
G
GMAT 1: 490 Q47 V13
GPA: 2.86
Re: Universities for 610 GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 03:51
yashasvikoul wrote:
I have a GMAT score of 610, could you please recommend universities for an MS finance where my low GMAT will not be a problem?
I have a bachelors with honours in economics from an extremely competitive school in India (I have a GPA approx. 3.4/4), I volunteered with the UNHRC, I have interned as a security analyst with a renowned Indian brokerage firm, I have worked as a business developer for hyperloop india (India's largest think tank), I have even published a paper (with an ISBN) on the new taxation laws in India.
Thankyou for your help!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

If you don't have the location constraint can look into Singapore Schools(NUS,SMU), IE-Spain, HEC Paris, Rotterdam-Netherlands, some other European schools.
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: Finance
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 04:26
yashasvikoul wrote:
I have a GMAT score of 610, could you please recommend universities for an MS finance where my low GMAT will not be a problem?
I have a bachelors with honours in economics from an extremely competitive school in India (I have a GPA approx. 3.4/4), I volunteered with the UNHRC, I have interned as a security analyst with a renowned Indian brokerage firm, I have worked as a business developer for hyperloop india (India's largest think tank), I have even published a paper (with an ISBN) on the new taxation laws in India.
Thankyou for your help!

Hello yashasvikoul

Here are some less competitive programs for MS in Finance :

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

University of North Carolina at Charlotte

Claremont Graduate University

Hofstra University

Florida State University

Stony Brook University

University of Dayton

Worcester Polytechnic Institute

Good Luck with application ;)
G

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 09:24
Hi,

In India to get into IIMs with your score will be a difficult task. I suggest you take one more attempt since IIM deadlines will start after May mostly. So, you have 4 months to prepare for GMAT & 1 month for applications. Think about it.

Outside India go for Ireland, here cost of living is high, check Trinity, Smurfit B-schools.
Germany Mannheim B-School is good for Finance try it.
UK is expensive, if you can afford, for your information most B-schools don't ask for GMAT, only IELTS/TOEFL.
Canada is a good for immigrants nowadays, top B-schools are expensive.
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2019, 15:01
May also consider Bentley and Babson in Massachusetts

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2019, 23:56
Hey there, so a lot of aspects of your profile look good apart from a Sub-par GMAT. How many years of work ex do you have? If you have quality work ex with a renowned brand, it will work out in your favor.

I would suggest that instead of targeting only lesser ranked schools, it is a better strategy to break your target schools into dream, competitive and safe so that you have a better chance of getting into the best schools according to your profile.
You can think of ESSEC as your dream school, IE as competitive and Grenoble as safe.

Also, which intake are you targeting?

If you have time on hand, you can take up some activities to add value to your profile, which will help you compensate for the low GMAT as well.
Think of taking up a CFA certification, take up projects where you get a chance to hold a position of responsibility, etc.

Lastly, do think of re-taking the GMAT. Since you do have a decent profile with a 670+ score, you will be able to target much better schools then.

You will find a comprehensive list of MFin Schools here that you can refer: https://www.mim-essay.com/blog/masters-in-finance

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

92% Success Rate| 1200+ Admits in Top Schools| 1.8 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 2X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here: http://info.mim-essay.com/book-a-call-today

Just getting started ?Take our free profile evaluation to get an in-depth analysis of your profile and selection chances: http://info.mim-essay.com/get-profile-analysis
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2019, 10:43
Abhyank wrote:
Hey there, so a lot of aspects of your profile look good apart from a Sub-par GMAT. How many years of work ex do you have? If you have quality work ex with a renowned brand, it will work out in your favor.

I would suggest that instead of targeting only lesser ranked schools, it is a better strategy to break your target schools into dream, competitive and safe so that you have a better chance of getting into the best schools according to your profile.
You can think of ESSEC as your dream school, IE as competitive and Grenoble as safe.

Also, which intake are you targeting?

If you have time on hand, you can take up some activities to add value to your profile, which will help you compensate for the low GMAT as well.
Think of taking up a CFA certification, take up projects where you get a chance to hold a position of responsibility, etc.

Lastly, do think of re-taking the GMAT. Since you do have a decent profile with a 670+ score, you will be able to target much better schools then.

You will find a comprehensive list of MFin Schools here that you can refer: https://www.mim-essay.com/blog/masters-in-finance
Hi! Thankyou all for your help. I got into ESADE Business School! Will be attending this fall! :)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2019, 10:43
billionaire wrote:
yashasvikoul wrote:
Thankyou for your help!

Hello yashasvikoul

Here are some less competitive programs for MS in Finance :

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

University of North Carolina at Charlotte

Claremont Graduate University

Hofstra University

Florida State University

Stony Brook University

University of Dayton

Worcester Polytechnic Institute

Good Luck with application ;)
Hi thankyou for your help! I got into ESADE :)

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2019, 13:08
Hey,
Even i got a 610. Was wondering where else did you get into?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Universities for 610 GMAT   [#permalink] 04 Apr 2019, 13:08

Universities for 610 GMAT

new topic post reply Update application status