Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GPA: 4
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 60
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.49
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [1]
Given Kudos: 79
GMAT 1: 550 Q44 V22
GMAT 2: 550 Q46 V20
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Unseen question types in actual gmat exam [#permalink]
Hey harshtandel838,
Yes i have done all GMATprep mock test including paid ones.
I will study advanced book now but issue i faced was that questions in quant and verbal were quite longer in actual gmat test and also options more confusing.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
GMAT 1: 550 Q44 V22
GMAT 2: 550 Q46 V20
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Hey Tusharjoshi573
There are a lot of questions available by different prep companies, but those aren’t similar to the questions in actual test. Other than GMAT prep, I can suggest you Manhattan Advanced Quant and Veritas prep for Quant. For Verbal I can only suggest GMAT Prep! If you’re done with test and you don’t wish to reset and retake that GMATPREP ones.., you can download the questions pdf available on GMATCLUB.. maybe it’s uploaded by souvik check the downloads section.

Also, your point was that the actual GMAT questions were quite longer or but confusing. I can’t comment on this because many feel actual test a little bit tougher than GMATPREP. You can try to search on this forum regarding which other materials or read actual test experience of folks on GMATCLUB, I hope that would help you.

Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22052 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Tusharjoshi573,

Regarding resources, in addition to seeking advice in this thread, take a look at the GMAT Club reviews for the best quant and verbal courses, and also read through some GMAT success stories to see what materials have worked well for other test-takers.

Also, would you like some general advice on how to improve your verbal and quant skills?

You also may find it helpful to read this article about how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.

Good luck!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72886 [4]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I don’t think it is correct to assume that all questions you may encounter on the test will only be like the ones in the official guide or GMAT prep. You may have noticed that even on the GMAT prep the hard questions don’t really follow the patterns of the questions in the official guide.

This is one reason why solving a lot of questions is not really the best approach for the GMAT at least not for the harder questions.

Here’s the thing, it’s hard to write difficult questions. It’s also very expensive. One way to create a difficult question is by going outside of the traditional patterns.

I can tell you that difficult GMAT questions, tend to be the ones that don’t fall typical patterns and if you score high, you’re guaranteed to see at least a couple on your test. This is one of the reasons we created GMAT Club tests. It wasn’t because we thought the world needed more carbon copy questions from GMAT prep. It was because the official guide lacks difficult questions, especially the ones that do not follow traditional patterns and require out-of-the-box thinking. Often you get stuck on those questions during the test and that is what we wanted to simulate. Bottom line, if you are looking for a high score, you can’t expect to have cookie cutter questions that you’ve spent months doing. This is not a memorization of questions test. This is a test of being able to apply principles and rules to solve variety of questions which is why it is better to study the materials and the rules rather than focus on questions..

Tusharjoshi573 wrote:
Hii,
I started my preparation in Dec 2020. I studied OG and Manhatten books from front to back. I was very comfortable with all OG questions. In my official GMAT mock series, i scored 730, 740 and 750 in last 3 tests. But when i gave actual GMAT, the question types in both quant and verbal were completely new. These questions combined multiple concepts in ways that i have not seen in any book or mock. I scored 680 in exam. Now i want to take exam again in 1 month to target 720. Please guide where can i find such complicated questions of high level?

GMAT Club Bot