GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Sep 2018, 18:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

URGENT REPLY: Should i reschedule my exam scheduled this wednesday

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
URGENT REPLY: Should i reschedule my exam scheduled this wednesday  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2018, 20:25
Ive been prepairing for my exam for over a month now and my scores in the gmat official preps are no where near my target score of 700+
gmat prep 1- 600
gmat prep 2- 650

PLEASE GIVE ME A REPLY ASAP
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: URGENT REPLY: Should i reschedule my exam scheduled this wednesday  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2018, 20:36
Well... what’s the point of canceling now?

You won’t get your money back... may as well go and familiarize yourself with the test center, procedures, etc and give it your best. Get some value out of it and have an option to get an ESR. It is not all lost and wasted.

You’ll be fighting against the odds but you do have a fighting chance. Don’t stress but give each question your absolute best. Don’t think about the big picture or the question after next, just work on the question in front of you and move on.

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern
B
Re: URGENT REPLY: Should i reschedule my exam scheduled this wednesday  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2018, 20:48
Hi!

Here's my view. I have been in the same place you are, for AGES! I just finished my exam.
Like BB says, there is no point cancelling. You will lose all your money.

There is also no point paying the entire exam fee all over again, in rescheduling fees.
Go for the experience. Check out the exam centre - very critical, in some cases. Mine was lovely, but there have been horror stories.

Also, if you do want to make the most of your last 48 hours, look up all the 700+ questions on here, especially in your strength areas across Verbal and Quant.
Then look up all the weak ones. If they are weak, they won't change in two days. You could, however, do better in your strengths : )

Lastly, don't bother with any mocks. It will only stress you out more.
Just solve the questions from here, or whatever other material you use.

P.S. Definitely get in the IR and AWA practice, especially the latter : )

All the best!

jasmehar98 wrote:
Ive been prepairing for my exam for over a month now and my scores in the gmat official preps are no where near my target score of 700+
gmat prep 1- 600
gmat prep 2- 650

PLEASE GIVE ME A REPLY ASAP
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2018, 21:15
bb justapassersby very well then... thank you, will update on my score post wednesday
SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2018, 20:04
jasmehar98 wrote:
bb justapassersby very well then... thank you, will update on my score post wednesday
That's a good decision. Getting this kind of initial familiarity with the exam/test center is invaluable if a second attempt becomes necessary. The whole "this is my first time taking the GMAT" pressure won't be there.

All the best.

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 20:33
bb i took my exam on 22nd, scored 600 in it and got my esr
SVP
SVP
V

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 21:14
jasmehar98 wrote:
bb i took my exam on 22nd, scored 600 in it and got my esr
That score is in line with your GMATPrep scores. Bad luck that it is on the lower side of that range, though.

Are you looking to take the exam again?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 21:19
AjiteshArun yes ill be appearing for my gmat again by the end of this month
My verbal accuracy was around 50% which is bad and i need to focus on that, i scored 28 in verbal
I scored 45 in quant but couldve scored more as i mismanaged my time and missed answering the last question because i had 6minutes left to answer my last 11 questions out of which most went wrong
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 21:26
Hi jasmehar98,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) How have you scored on EACH of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
5) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

While the ESR doesn't provide a lot of information, there are usually a few data points that we can use to define what went wrong (and what you should work on to score higher). If you send me your ESR, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 21:31
Okay so I’ve mostly used the official material and I’ve used a few reference books from the place I took classes from
I’ve been studying for over a month and a half now and am planning to appear for the exam again around the end of this month

I’m planning to apply for masters in finance for next fall so will be starting my applications by the end of this month itself
I’ve shortlisted only a few schools in U.K. due to my 15year education

EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 21:51
Hi jasmehar98,

Raising a 600 to a 700+ will likely require at least another 2 months of consistent, guided study - and you'll have to make significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level - but you will likely need more time to study than you have currently allotted.

I'll be happy to help you to improve, but I'm going to need exact answers to my prior questions. In addition, what are the exact application deadlines that you are facing (and if there are later Rounds for those Schools, then what are those deadlines?)?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

SVP
SVP
V

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 21:57
jasmehar98 wrote:
AjiteshArun yes ill be appearing for my gmat again by the end of this month
My verbal accuracy was around 50% which is bad and i need to focus on that, i scored 28 in verbal
I scored 45 in quant but couldve scored more as i mismanaged my time and missed answering the last question because i had 6minutes left to answer my last 11 questions out of which most went wrong
Going from 600 to 700 in a month is doable, but not easy, so I'd normally suggest that we push the date back a bit. Are you in a position to do that?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 22:03
@EMPOWEgmatrichC AjiteshArun yes it is doable but again, I was planning to apply for the early application deadlines but if by the end of day next or next to next week I don’t score as expected in my mock I’ll push it back a bit

The early application deadline for one of the universities is 30th September
While the first round deadline for most of them is 18th October
I’ve studied material from jamboree and have not appeared for any cats but mock tests from the same
I’ve scored around 48-49 in quant and around 30-32 in verbal

SVP
SVP
V

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 22:13
jasmehar98 wrote:
@EMPOWEgmatrichC AjiteshArun yes it is doable but again, I was planning to apply for the early application deadlines but if by the end of day next or next to next week I don’t score as expected in my mock I’ll push it back a bit

The early application deadline for one of the universities is 30th September
While the first round deadline for most of them is 18th October
I’ve studied material from jamboree and have not appeared for any cats but mock tests from the same
I’ve scored around 48-49 in quant and around 30-32 in verbal
That seems reasonable. Just make sure that you get the remaining GMATPreps (practice tests 3-6) and use those tests to see how close you are to your target score. The tests you've mentioned are probably not adaptive, and because they aren't official tests, cannot be relied on for scoring.

I also strongly suggest that you work on your concepts, especially in verbal. A V28 is unlikely to be the result of only nerves or bad time management. Do you think you have studied/understood the "right" concepts?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 22:23
I’m currently doing that only, trying to focus on verbal and weak sections of quant, my verbal wasn’t conceptually correct so I’m trying to work on that

Could you please suggest me some references for the same? Because I kind of had a 50% accuracy all through the three sections

Re: URGENT REPLY: Should i reschedule my exam scheduled this wednesday &nbs [#permalink] 03 Sep 2018, 22:23

URGENT REPLY: Should i reschedule my exam scheduled this wednesday

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR SEPTEMBER
e-GMAT: Free 30 day Access! 25+ Video Lessons | 400+ Practice Questions | 7 Free Webinars
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap