It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 13:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Using your School email address

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2008
Posts: 356

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Using your School email address [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2009, 11:38
I am curious how you all plan to (or have, for current MBA students) used your school provided email address. I currently use a gmail address and am considering switching over to the Chicago Booth addy to streamline things. Then again, when I'm done with the program, it seems like it might be silly to keep using a Chicago Booth address for my personal emails. Do you just use your school email for school contacts, recruiting, etc.?

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Status: Burning mid-night oil....daily
Joined: 07 Nov 2008
Posts: 2400

Kudos [?]: 746 [1], given: 548

Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Reviews Badge
Re: Using your School email address [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2009, 11:45
1
This post received
KUDOS
MeddlingKid wrote:
I am curious how you all plan to (or have, for current MBA students) used your school provided email address. I currently use a gmail address and am considering switching over to the Chicago Booth addy to streamline things. Then again, when I'm done with the program, it seems like it might be silly to keep using a Chicago Booth address for my personal emails. Do you just use your school email for school contacts, recruiting, etc.?


You can go into gmail option and forward all your emails to your Booth email account for next 2 years. After that, your school email should allow you to forward all emails to another email address as well (i.e. - back to gmail or alumni Booth email address)

I did this with my NYU alumni email. :-D
_________________

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 746 [1], given: 548

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2008
Posts: 356

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Re: Using your School email address [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2009, 11:59
ninkorn wrote:
MeddlingKid wrote:
I am curious how you all plan to (or have, for current MBA students) used your school provided email address. I currently use a gmail address and am considering switching over to the Chicago Booth addy to streamline things. Then again, when I'm done with the program, it seems like it might be silly to keep using a Chicago Booth address for my personal emails. Do you just use your school email for school contacts, recruiting, etc.?


You can go into gmail option and forward all your emails to your Booth email account for next 2 years. After that, your school email should allow you to forward all emails to another email address as well (i.e. - back to gmail or alumni Booth email address)

I did this with my NYU alumni email. :-D

Good suggestion, nin. Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Status: Um... what do you want to know?
Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 5464

Kudos [?]: 409 [0], given: 14

Location: SF, CA, USA
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Re: Using your School email address [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2009, 09:06
Gmail also lets you send as your school email and check your school email if it has POP. I pull my email from school all into Gmail, and work out of there. I send my emails out as my school one for career and school stuff, otherwise I stick with gmail.
_________________

****************************
GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

Kudos [?]: 409 [0], given: 14

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 1436

Kudos [?]: 197 [0], given: 12

Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Re: Using your School email address [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2009, 10:33
I probably will keep them seperate. I check my mail mainly through my phone and I already have my chicago address set up on it so I don't see the need to have them forwarded. It is a matter of pressing an extra screen to get between accounts.

Kudos [?]: 197 [0], given: 12

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 1689

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 31

Schools: Kellogg '11
Re: Using your School email address [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2009, 05:52
So how does scheduling meetings via email work? Can you send a google meeting request and have it populate the Outlook calendar and vice versa?

Sorry if this is a silly question :)

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 31

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2005
Posts: 283

Kudos [?]: 140 [0], given: 3

Location: Milan
Schools: Wharton, LBS, UChicago, Kellogg MMM (Donald Jacobs Scholarship), Stanford, HBS
Re: Using your School email address [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2009, 00:45
Isa,

yes you can. Check out "Google Calendar Sync" on Google!

Kudos [?]: 140 [0], given: 3

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 1689

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 31

Schools: Kellogg '11
Re: Using your School email address [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2009, 10:05
Paradosso wrote:
Isa,

yes you can. Check out "Google Calendar Sync" on Google!


Oooh. Awesome - didn't know it could do that! Thank you paradosso!

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 31

Re: Using your School email address   [#permalink] 23 Jan 2009, 10:05
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Using your School email address

  new topic post reply Update application status  


cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.