It is currently 20 Apr 2018, 19:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UTD ($$) vs Katz ($$) vs Simon (waitlist) or apply next year

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
UTD ($$) vs Katz ($$) vs Simon (waitlist) or apply next year [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2018, 06:23
Hello Everyone,

I would really appreciate if I can get some useful advice to help me get out of my b school selection dilemma.

Background Information:
1. International Student from India
2. Gmat score : 690
3. IT Engineer 5 years work ex

Post-MBA Goal: Product Management or consulting (first choice)

I have admit from both Katz and UTD Naveen Jindal with each college providing me about 60% scholarship. I'm waitlisted at Simon which was my preferred school.

As an international student, I'm aware of the difficulties in getting a job and the company to sponsor visa for international students. Given the offers I have in hand which of the 2 colleges would be the best option to pursue my MBA from ?

UTD is placed 42 and does not have great placement record as per US News Ranking for 2019. Katz is placed 52 by US News and has decent employment rates upon graduation. I'm now looking to apply for a MS+MBA degree as opposed to just MBA at both these schools.

The question here is which school would provide me better opportunities to get into a product management or consulting role ?

My preferred choice is to work in a financial services company or a technology oriented company but in a management or consulting role.

Posted from my mobile device

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: UTD ($$) vs Katz ($$) vs Simon (waitlist) or apply next year [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2018, 07:55
Congratulations. I think neither program will give a sure chance to recruit in consulting. However it does not mean it is impossible either. MBA is a valuable experience.

I would pick the one that seems to work best for your preferences. Probably Dallas since it is the best school in town. There are many companies that you could approach unlike Pittsburgh where Tepper dominates. Just one perspective. Probably half dozen of one and six of the other.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

SVP
SVP
P
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
UTD ($$) vs Katz ($$) vs Simon (waitlist) or apply next year [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2018, 12:06
I do not see either of those schools could serve your goal. I think you can wait for another year and enhance your GMAT score and shot higher schools.

If you are going to do MS +MBA, I assume then it is STEM that may help in searching for job.

What MS do you target? In which school? I may think UTD as they have many STEM MSc combines with MBA?
UTD ($$) vs Katz ($$) vs Simon (waitlist) or apply next year   [#permalink] 08 Apr 2018, 12:06

UTD ($$) vs Katz ($$) vs Simon (waitlist) or apply next year

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Wilch, teleste, jessepinkman

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap