GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Oct 2019, 09:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

UVA McIntire MS in Accounting vs Virginia Tech Pamplin Ms in Acc.

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
UVA McIntire MS in Accounting vs Virginia Tech Pamplin Ms in Acc.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 22:01
Hello,
I am an international student.
I received admission to both schools. UVA 60% scholarship from a 44k tuition, while Tech is full scholarship. I don't know which to choose, as my goals is to stay in the US after graduation and work for big 4

thanks
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: Finance
Re: UVA McIntire MS in Accounting vs Virginia Tech Pamplin Ms in Acc.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2019, 05:39
amhegazi15 wrote:
Hello,
I am an international student.
I received admission to both schools. UVA 60% scholarship from a 44k tuition, while Tech is full scholarship. I don't know which to choose, as my goals is to stay in the US after graduation and work for big 4

thanks

Hello amhegazi15

Congrats on admission to both Virginia schools.

You obviously wanted to be located in state of Virginia :)

Clearly UVA is much better ranked program, in accounting degree review rankings it is in top 25 in US:

https://www.accounting-degree.org/best- ... ccounting/

Again, by Accounting. com rankings of best masters program in the filed, UVA comes as 13. in the nation versus Virginia Tech University being on 40. place

https://www.accounting.com/rankings/bes ... -programs/

You can read a lot relevant details there, that will help you to make right decision.

UVA, located in Charlottesville, Virginia, offers one of the best accounting master’s programs in the Southeast, and the degree can be completed in nine months. The 30 credit master’s in accounting is available in two tracks: financial reporting and assurance or tax consulting. Students who choose the financial reporting and assurance concentration complete five courses that focus on topics such as accounting policy, data management, and financial trading. Students also complete four electives and a tax course. Course electives provide students with a broad foundation in areas including behavioral decision making and information technology. The tax consulting concentration includes courses in tax strategy and tax research. Students of this track take financial and accounting courses and are equipped with a variety of skills. Students have the opportunity to participate in the program’s international accounting experience that features global coursework and a spring break trip to London.

The Department of Accounting and Information Systems at Virginia Tech offers a 30-credit master’s of accounting and information systems program that’s designed for students with many different backgrounds. Students have the option of specializing in audits, financial services, information systems, or tax. Students with a demonstrated strong background in accounting can complete the degree in 12–18 months. Learners without accounting or business administration backgrounds can complete the degree in around two years. Prerequisites include principles of financial and managerial accounting, macro and microeconomics, calculus and matrices, statistics, and business law. Students can begin this program in the spring, summer, or fall semesters.

Finally, according to College Choice rankings UVA is ranked at high 4. place :

https://www.collegechoice.net/rankings/ ... -programs/

The biggest draw to the school seems to be the fact that over 300 companies actively recruit on the UVA campus each year, with 98% of graduates finding a job in less than six months after they complete the degree.

At the same time I dont even see Virginia Tech ranked there in top 50, for MS in accounting programs.

Think no more, go to UVA !

Good Luck and you are welcome ! :geek: :cool:
Re: UVA McIntire MS in Accounting vs Virginia Tech Pamplin Ms in Acc.   [#permalink] 20 Feb 2019, 05:39

UVA McIntire MS in Accounting vs Virginia Tech Pamplin Ms in Acc.

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, teleste