GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Sep 2018, 07:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

V16 to V31 - In Verbal

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT 2: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 3: 630 Q48 V28
GPA: 3.4
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
V16 to V31 - In Verbal  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2018, 15:30
Hello Community,

I would like to thank GMAT Club for this great forum and all the members of this community for helping each other.

This forum is really a huge platform for my improvement. V31 may seem a really low score for numerous test taker. But the same is huge for someone who scored V16 earlier ( especially with 0 percentile in SC).

GMAT Club is extremely beneficial as this place has materials from all the available courses in the market , experts with enormous experience and numerous brilliant and helping minds. It was really beneficial to go through their thought process ,look from different angles and learn. Slowly it helped me to gather courage to reply on the new questions posted and seek expert advise.

Thank you again Gmat Club. Thanks a bunch for the amazing support provided day in and day out !!
u1983

Please let me know if I am going in wrong direction.
Thanks in appreciation.

Manager
Manager
S
Schools: HBS '21
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GRE 1: Q168 V164
GPA: 3.57
CAT Tests
Re: V16 to V31 - In Verbal  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2018, 02:18
u1983 wrote:
Hello Community,

I would like to thank GMAT Club for this great forum and all the members of this community for helping each other.

This forum is really a huge platform for my improvement. V31 may seem a really low score for numerous test taker. But the same is huge for someone who scored V16 earlier ( especially with 0 percentile in SC).

GMAT Club is extremely beneficial as this place has materials from all the available courses in the market , experts with enormous experience and numerous brilliant and helping minds. It was really beneficial to go through their thought process ,look from different angles and learn. Slowly it helped me to gather courage to reply on the new questions posted and seek expert advise.

Thank you again Gmat Club. Thanks a bunch for the amazing support provided day in and day out !!
u1983

Your Verbal score improvement from V16 (13th percentile) to V31 (62nd percentile) is very impressive. V31 is not a low score. It is at 62nd percentiles. many people posting on GMATclub forum tend to have high scores. But the reality, is that many people with low scores do not post on GMATclub forum. Your V31(62nd percentile) is really good.
Attachments

GMAT Verbal Score Percentile.JPG
GMAT Verbal Score Percentile.JPG [ 26.59 KiB | Viewed 877 times ]

Kindly press the +1Kudos if you like the explanation. Thanks a lot!!!

GMAT Club Verbal Expert
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2018, 19:39
Congratulations on the awesome score improvement, u1983! houston1980 is absolutely correct: that 31V is a really good score, and sometimes the "Harvard or bust!!" internet culture causes us to lose perspective a little bit. And more importantly: very, very few people manage to improve by 15 points on verbal. It's a spectacularly rare feat, and you should be incredibly proud.

Good luck with your applications, and congratulations again!

GMAT Club Verbal Expert | GMAT/GRE tutor @ www.gmatninja.com (Now hiring!) | GMAT blog | Food blog | Notoriously bad at PMs

Beginners' guides to GMAT verbal
Reading Comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Sentence Correction

YouTube LIVE verbal webinars
Series 1: Fundamentals of SC & CR | Series 2: Developing a Winning GMAT Mindset

SC & CR Questions of the Day (QOTDs), featuring expert explanations
All QOTDs | Subscribe via email | RSS

Need an expert reply?
Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and please be specific about your question. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja and @GMATNinjaTwo in your post. Priority is always given to official GMAT questions.

Sentence Correction articles & resources
How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, and other articles & resources
All GMAT Ninja articles on GMAT Club | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC |7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99 | Time management on verbal

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2018, 08:16
Hello Community, houston1980 & GMATNinja ( & especially all the users of GC community who are trying hard to achieve their respective goals)

Thanks a bunch for your kind words and/or thoughts and the support there in.

Thanks in appreciation.

Study Buddy Forum Moderator
D
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2018, 21:25
u1983

Congratulations on such a stellar performance.

Can you elaborate your study strategy for score improvement on below lines?
  • a. What was your %tile in CR and RC at start?
  • b. What courses (self prep/ online) did you use to advance?
    If Self prep (e.g Manhattan books) , how did you plan your study hours and allocate
    attention to individual sub sections?
  • c. Did you face any fatigue and/or timing issues in your mocks / had to make a random guess?
  • d. What was the frequency that you kept between mocks and what strategies did you use to analyse them?
  • e. Did you use LSAT material in your prep?
  • f. Are you planning for a re-take? I believe you can still improvise on Quant and push V beyond V35 and
    we hope to see another sweet story of success on 'Share GMAT experience' forum . :-)

It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
V16 to V31 - In Verbal  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2018, 15:04
adkikani wrote:
u1983

Congratulations on such a stellar performance.

Can you elaborate your study strategy for score improvement on below lines?
  • a. What was your %tile in CR and RC at start? To be frank I was at 0/5 percentile at my 1st attempt and was unable to live with that... thus I went for 2nd attempt...was not concentrating much on CR or Rc either of the time. :-(
  • b. What courses (self prep/ online) did you use to advance? @e-Gmat
    If Self prep (e.g Manhattan books) , how did you plan your study hours and allocate
    attention to individual sub sections? Just trying to learn SC rules.... clearly could not learn all :-(
  • c. Did you face any fatigue and/or timing issues in your mocks / had to make a random guess? Have not taken much mocks... 1/2 here and there .... but in main exam Verbal timing was issue due to my poor knowledge and in tern in decision making on the choices.
  • d. What was the frequency that you kept between mocks and what strategies did you use to analyse them? NA
  • e. Did you use LSAT material in your prep? NO ..... LSAT is probably the next level . I am not even comfortable with GMAT level.
  • f. Are you planning for a re-take? I believe you can still improvise on Quant and push V beyond V35 and Yes... planning .... but donot have a date
    we hope to see another sweet story of success on 'Share GMAT experience' forum . :-) Thanks a bunch !!

Hello adkikani..... My sincere apologies for the late reply And thanks a bunch for the last note and the good wishes therein.
Please find my replies in Green.

Thanks in appreciation.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, General Management

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2018, 18:26
How did you proceed with increasing ur score in Verbal? And how long did take to get this score-leap?. My current score is 22 and i aim to score 36+ with 2 months in hand. Is it possible in 2 months?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: V16 to V31 - In Verbal &nbs [#permalink] 15 Jul 2018, 18:26

V16 to V31 - In Verbal

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: chetan2u, bb, EMPOWERgmatRichC

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR SEPTEMBER
e-GMAT: Free 30 day Access! 25+ Video Lessons | 400+ Practice Questions | 7 Free Webinars
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap