It is currently 21 Apr 2018, 12:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Verbal - Section wise accuracy level required to reach V40 or higher

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
S
CAT Tests
Verbal - Section wise accuracy level required to reach V40 or higher [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 17:50
Hello,

I am aiming for V40 or higher in Verbal section. I am comfortable with CR and SC and RC is third in terms of comfort level. Having said that I am looking for section wise accuracy level that I should aim for to reach V40.

Can someone help me understand what accuracy level I should aim for individual sections SC, CR and RC to reach V40 or higher.

Regards
Raghu

Resources
Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread | ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT ! ! ! | SC Blogs by Magoosh | How to improve your verbal score

Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.82
WE: Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Verbal - Section wise accuracy level required to reach V40 or higher [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 19:03
akadiyan wrote:
Hello,

I am aiming for V40 or higher in Verbal section. I am comfortable with CR and SC and RC is third in terms of comfort level. Having said that I am looking for section wise accuracy level that I should aim for to reach V40.

Can someone help me understand what accuracy level I should aim for individual sections SC, CR and RC to reach V40 or higher.

Regards
Raghu

hi akadiyan:
TO get V40, make sure not to make incorrect more than 5 questions continually. Basically it all depends on the adaptability of the test. Focus more on the first 20 questions, but do not loose the remaining 20. First 20 questions helps you achieve your target score, remaining 20 is all about maintaining your score.

gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html

If you like my posts, please give kudos. Help me unlock gmatclub tests.

Director
Director
P
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GMAT 1: 480 Q38 V22
GPA: 3.01
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Verbal - Section wise accuracy level required to reach V40 or higher [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2018, 09:15
akadiyan wrote:
Hello,

Regards
Raghu

Hi,

Focus on RC as it is the most time taking part of Verbal prep. Its all about getting harder questions to reach high score on GMAT. You can't under prepare any section. SC is the easiest to improve as it has set rules to with. Do 3 RC passages a day, and spend enough time to see how the answer choices have been created.

QZ

"Success is not as glamorous as people tell you. It's a lot of hours spent in the darkness."

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2018, 11:14
What is the best resource to practice 3 RC passages daily?
Manager
Manager
S
CAT Tests
Verbal - Section wise accuracy level required to reach V40 or higher [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2018, 11:35
Tapesh03
If you are not done with OG, you can start with OG. You have around 140 questions in OG. Then you can use official Verbal Review guide. You can buy Question Pack from GMAC. These are the best materials you can use for RC since all those listed above are official materials. All these 3 materials combined will give roughly 60 to 70 passages.

People also recommend LSAT RC which are considered tougher, you can go for it after you utilized all your official materials.

Also, subscribe to RC Forum in GMAT Club. You will get a list of questions daily in the email.

All the best for your preparation.

Resources
Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread | ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT ! ! ! | SC Blogs by Magoosh | How to improve your verbal score

Director
Director
P

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2018, 19:20
Tapesh03 wrote:
What is the best resource to practice 3 RC passages daily?

OGs are the best resources for RC. OG 18 has around 30 RC passages. You can use verval review after that. After exhausting both, you can go for Exam pack 1 and 2.

Also, use GCs RC forum to your advantage as OGs have restricted explnations to answers. You can find every passage in GC for explanations. Make sure to devote enough time to understand the right as well as wrong answer choices.

After exhausting these resources, if you think you need more material, then you can go for Magoosh or e-gmat.

QZ

Posted from my mobile device

"Success is not as glamorous as people tell you. It's a lot of hours spent in the darkness."

Manager
Manager
S
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 10:45
Thanks for all the responses.

I am looking for information about accuracy level to reach in individual sections to reach higher verbal scores. For example, those who are good in CR and SC should aim to get 90% in SC, and CR questions and 70% accuracy in RC. The numbers are just an example used to explain what I am looking for.

Thanks again for inputs.

Resources

Director
Director
P

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 23:08
akadiyan wrote:
Thanks for all the responses.

I am looking for information about accuracy level to reach in individual sections to reach higher verbal scores. For example, those who are good in CR and SC should aim to get 90% in SC, and CR questions and 70% accuracy in RC. The numbers are just an example used to explain what I am looking for.

Thanks again for inputs.

You should certainly aim more than 90% accuracy in SC as it is easiest to improve relatively. For CR and RC look for 70 to 80% accuracy to reach V40 or higher. Though general accuracy does not directly impact your score, it the accuracy according to the difficulty level of the questions that helps your score. A

Attach file may help you understand, though to an extent, how GMACs algorithm works.

Hope this helps.

QZ
Attachments

770_ESR.pdf [418.11 KiB]
Downloaded 20 times

To download please login or register as a user

Re: Verbal - Section wise accuracy level required to reach V40 or higher   [#permalink] 19 Mar 2018, 23:08

Verbal - Section wise accuracy level required to reach V40 or higher

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap